Baseball Zen

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Red State! Amen.
Since I no longer live in the deep blue wasteland known as the “Empire State,” I need to use MLB.tv to watch the Yankees playing baseball for most of this season. As a result, I have been seeing a weird set of “ads” (?) or fillers between innings. They are collectively known as baseball zen

I wondered if anyone else is seeing these spots? Seems more media oriented than sports oriented so I am putting the thread here. But I have to say, I think these spots capture part of the appeal of baseball.

Never thought of any of it as “zen” before. But a long season Ebbs and flows. Rain delays. Ground crew prep. All of it. No wonder I love baseball.

I love those commercials. I am at this moment watching the World Champion Atlanta Braves. But I grew up a diehard Yankees fan. As a little boy Bobby Murcer was a God to me. And always remember...

scrubs-perry-cox.gif

Since I no longer live in the deep blue wasteland known as the “Empire State,” I need to use MLB.tv to watch the Yankees playing baseball for most of this season. As a result, I have been seeing a weird set of “ads” (?) or fillers between innings. They are collectively known as baseball zen

I wondered if anyone else is seeing these spots? Seems more media oriented than sports oriented so I am putting the thread here. But I have to say, I think these spots capture part of the appeal of baseball.

Never thought of any of it as “zen” before. But a long season Ebbs and flows. Rain delays. Ground crew prep. All of it. No wonder I love baseball.
I subscribe too. Being overseas I watch games the next day except right now - Sunday day game. Just the same still-screen ad between innings; Field of Dreams by some mattress firm.

Last edited:
I love those commercials. I am at this moment watching the World Champion Atlanta Braves. But I grew up a diehard Yankees fan. As a little boy Bobby Murcer was a God to me. And always remember...

View attachment 671220
my grandparents, parents, cousins were all die hard yankee fans and here i come along as the adopted child that rooted for the Reds
The 1961 World Series was unbearable for me, and I was only 11

Forum List

Back