Baton Rouge Cop Points Assault Weapon At HuffPost Reporter, Protesters

578258fd1b00002700f6d08e.png

HuffPost reporter David Lohr captured a female Baton Rouge police officer pointing her weapon at protesters.

Tensions hit their peak in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, late Saturday night when police officers armed with military equipment tried to clear those gathered for a demonstration from the streets and highway.

One officer, armed with an assault weapon, deliberately aimed the gun at protesters and journalists, forcing them to retreat. HuffPost senior crime reporter David Lohr was among them.

Lohr arrived in Baton Rouge earlier this week to help capture moments from the Black Lives Matter protests that took over the city’s streets. He launched a live-stream on the HuffPost Black Voices Facebook page around 11 p.m. that captured some tense moments, including police making several arrests and one protester getting shocked by a stun gun. In one jarring moment, Lohr captured an officer pointing her assault rifle at protesters ― and at him.

“An officer just pointed a machine gun at me,” Lohr says in the live-stream. “I’m not quite sure what that female officer was doing; she pointed an assault rifle at us.”

Watch the moment around the 4:45 mark:

More: Baton Rouge Cop Points Assault Weapon At HuffPost Reporter, Protesters

Well, that won't look good on her resume.

I dont see the problem here....

She pointed at them and made them cry.

Forum List

Back