Beck invokes the Holocaust in Fox News/Obama Administration "War"

So when did the Obama administration shut down FOX News?

Was it blacked out or something?

Anchors forced to read official state reports?

Reporters arrested for investigating the administration?

I'm guessing this already has happened according to many on the board here.

This is the same exact stuff that the loons on the Left said about Bush turning this country into a dictatorship. Except to the right, their theory about Obama is mainstream and widely accepted by them.

If anything this "war" or what have you between the administration and FOX further empowers FOX.

Yes they did, and next they will kill six million Jews according to Beck and his idiot fans.

I'm guessing this already has happened according to many on the board here.

This is the same exact stuff that the loons on the Left said about Bush turning this country into a dictatorship. Except to the right, their theory about Obama is mainstream and widely accepted by them.

Ding ding ding. Winner.

Yes they did, and next they will kill six million Jews according to Beck and his idiot fans.

No. Conservatives are the new Jews, according to Beck.

Eighteen years old. Thinks he knows everything. Where have we seen that before??

Again, you have failed to address my arguments. You think Age = Wisdom which is completely off. If someone who was older than you made the same statement, by your standards, wouldn't they be right?

Or would you say it has to go with Wisdom? Your a hypocrite, a fool, and a waste of space on this board.

Aww, isn't he cute? It's like the the little engine that could.

When you have a family to support and have earned a paycheck come back and post here, sonny. Then maybe someone will take your pimply ass seriously. Until then, hasta la vista.

Fellow, I have yet to see anything showing any intelligence from you.

Again, you have failed to address my arguments. You think Age = Wisdom which is completely off. If someone who was older than you made the same statement, by your standards, wouldn't they be right?

Or would you say it has to go with Wisdom? Your a hypocrite, a fool, and a waste of space on this board.

Aww, isn't he cute? It's like the the little engine that could.

When you have a family to support and have earned a paycheck come back and post here, sonny. Then maybe someone will take your pimply ass seriously. Until then, hasta la vista.

Fellow, I have yet to see anything showing any intelligence from you.

Guy, you wouldn't know it if it came right up and kicked you in the cods.

To claim that somebody not liking you is equivalent to the Holocaust is trivializing it.

And how is referencing a popular quote about oppressing a certain type of people leading to the oppression of society in a situation where the government is attempting to oppress a certain type of people reference the holocaust at all?

This is exactly why history repeats itself. People seem to think the lessons of the past never apply to the present or the future.

The poem isn't about oppression in a generalized sense. It's a poem about the Holocaust.

The poem in the original German:

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie die Juden holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Jude.

Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr, der protestierte.

And in English:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Pay close attention to the order. It's the sequence of groups being rounded up and sent to the concentration camps.

Pay close attention to the order. It's the sequence of groups being rounded up and sent to the concentration camps.
Still trying to mitigate your crazy non sequitur - that Beck is denying the Holocaust - I see.

The fact that you even think you are doing anything but pathetically spinning your wheels gives the rest of us a good indication of where the your origin of your perspective of intelligence lies on the scale.

Still trying to mitigate your crazy non sequitur - that Beck is denying the Holocaust - I see.

The fact that you even think you are doing anything but pathetically spinning your wheels gives the rest of us a good indication of where the your origin of your perspective of intelligence lies on the scale.

Beck directly compared himself to the victims of the Holocaust. He did so in passing, but anyone with knowledge of the poem he's referring to knows that was exactly what he was doing. It's not my fault you're ignorant of the history.

Beck directly compared himself to the victims of the Holocaust. He did so in passing, but anyone with knowledge of the poem he's referring to knows that was exactly what he was doing. It's not my fault you're ignorant of the history.
Another non sequitur - really, two of them? Is it possible that ANY post of yours does NOT contain a logical fallacy?

You make this way too easy.

Another non sequitur - really, two of them? Is it possible that ANY post of yours does NOT contain a logical fallacy?

My post doesn't contain a non sequitur. It might help if you knew what a non sequitur instead of just throwing around Latin because you think it makes you look smart (it doesn't, it just makes you look like a dumbass with an inflated sense of self instead of just the plain Jane dumbass you are).

My post doesn't contain a non sequitur. It might help if you knew what a non sequitur instead of just throwing around Latin because you think it makes you look smart (it doesn't, it just makes you look like a dumbass with an inflated sense of self instead of just the plain Jane dumbass you are).
LMAO! You haven't even the capacity to see non sequiturs.

To help the insane along (yes, insane persons often see and hear things that are not there), unless Beck actually said that he is the same as a victim of the holocaust, there was nothing direct (see bolded above) involved.

YOUR conclusion that he denied the Holocaust DOES NOT FOLLOW the fact that he paraphrased a poem.

YOUR conclusion that another does not know history DOES NOT FOLLOW the fact that they pointed out your logical fallacies.

Last edited:

To help the insane along (yes, insane persons often see and hear things that are not there), unless Beck actually said that he is the same as a victim of the holocaust, there was nothing direct (see bolded above) involved.

I can't see things that aren't there. Beck made a direct comparison by throwing the paraphrase in there. If an African-American suspect was arrested for committing a crime and said to the officer "It's because I'm black, isn't it?", it's painful obvious to any objective observer than the man being arrested is claiming the cop is arresting him because of the color of his skin. According to your standard though, the suspect isn't claiming that the cop is a racist unless he says "You're a racist" to the cop.

YOUR conclusion that he denied the Holocaust DOES NOT FOLLOW the fact that he paraphrased a poem.

This is where you get screwed over by trying to play games using formal logic. There are steps in the argument that you're leaving out. I'll spell it out for you...

- Beck claims that the plight of Fox News is similar to victims of the Holocaust.
- The plight of Fox News (having someone say something unfriendly about them) is not the same as what occurred to victims of the Holocaust (slavery and mass murder).
- Therefore, Beck's statement is not true.
- Making a false comparison of your plight to that of victims of the Holocaust is a form of Holocaust denial.
- Since Beck made such a claim and knew it was false when he made it, he engaged in Holocaust denial.

YOUR conclusion that another does not know history DOES NOT FOLLOW the fact that they pointed out your logical fallacies.

You claimed he didn't reference the Holocaust when he referenced a poem that's clearly about the Holocaust. It's therefore logical to state that you are ignorant of the history surrounding the poem.

I can't see things that aren't there. Beck made a direct comparison by throwing the paraphrase in there. If an African-American suspect was arrested for committing a crime and said to the officer "It's because I'm black, isn't it?", it's painful obvious to any objective observer than the man being arrested is claiming the cop is arresting him because of the color of his skin. According to your standard though, the suspect isn't claiming that the cop is a racist unless he says "You're a racist" to the cop.

This is where you get screwed over by trying to play games using formal logic. There are steps in the argument that you're leaving out. I'll spell it out for you...

- Beck claims that the plight of Fox News is similar to victims of the Holocaust.
- The plight of Fox News (having someone say something unfriendly about them) is not the same as what occurred to victims of the Holocaust (slavery and mass murder).
- Therefore, Beck's statement is not true.
- Making a false comparison of your plight to that of victims of the Holocaust is a form of Holocaust denial.
- Since Beck made such a claim and knew it was false when he made it, he engaged in Holocaust denial.

You claimed he didn't reference the Holocaust when he referenced a poem that's clearly about the Holocaust. It's therefore logical to state that you are ignorant of the history surrounding the poem.
Wow. Just wow.

The lack of any logic in what you just posted is astounding. You just repeated all that was illogical before, and then some. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back