Believer or not, your epitome of desire, is to be named the Greatest I am.

There's nothing special about me.
I agree, other than your constant lying about god.

I think that is a special gift from you know who.

Regards
DL
Yep, Jesus loves me. He even loves you too.
We had a Jesus at the prison that was a gang member. I hope it wasn't that guy.
That's funny.

You know... there really are subversives using social media to destroy America's Christian heritage. This yoink is one of them.

I'm surprised more people don't give a shit about that.

Regards
DL
That's funny.

You know... there really are subversives using social media to destroy America's Christian heritage. This yoink is one of them.

I know they are and I don't like it. But I'm sick of fighting them because fighting them on line does nothing and I'm too old to fight them in person which I would like to do. So I make fun of the sorry scum.

Regards
DL
That's funny.

I know they are and I don't like it. But I'm sick of fighting them because fighting them on line does nothing and I'm too old to fight them in person which I would like to do. So I make fun of the sorry scum.
You don't need to fight them. They need to be exposed. I like to ask them to tell me more. To show just how much hatred they have for American Christians. It's funny to see how their hate spreads in the atheist community. We can't stop them but we can expose them and give them rope to hang themselves.

At the end of the day we are going to get exactly what we deserve.

the religion of antiquity is to reach purity for which greatness would at best be considered a platitude ...
Purity?

Do you see a genocidal god or homophobic and misogynous religions as having reached purity?

I see more impurity than purity.

Regards
DL
Do you see a genocidal god or homophobic and misogynous religions as having reached purity?
no, they have abandoned the pursuit as prescribed by the religion of antiquity for who might venture to free their spirit to persist in the Everlasting.

A novel interpretation.

I have quotes that belie that.
It's the only interpretation. Jesus was speaking to Jews two thousand years ago. Read the text.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
These verses say nothing in relation to the hierarchy acting as gods in the Jewish high council.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
Good for him. I have no interest in your new-age guru.

But you have reached the summit, as you name declares. Now run along and achieve no more.

A novel interpretation.

I have quotes that belie that.
It's the only interpretation. Jesus was speaking to Jews two thousand years ago. Read the text.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
These verses say nothing in relation to the hierarchy acting as gods in the Jewish high council.

Good for him. I have no interest in your new-age guru.

But you have reached the summit, as you name declares. Now run along and achieve no more.
Just to clarify that the Bible is not really about us today (except insofar as the new Jerusalem), we know simply by the context that Jesus was not referring to us.

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I said, you are gods'? (Jn 10:34).

Apparently, their law conferred on them some divine authority. The Jews, that is; the people under temple jurisdiction, the people subject to the Mosaic Law. Jesus reminded them that they were gods. And I suspect he said that somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as they were in the habit of abusing their authority (see Psalm 82).

No one today is subject to that law; it came to a fiery end. Jesus isn't calling anyone today a god. That's a self-proclaimed title reserved for the egoist.

Religions are tribes. So are the various non-believing tribes.

Tribal leaders and shaman are the ones to be emulated by all of us so that we might become better than they are and depose them.

It’s like Jesus ascending and retiring God by taking the righthand judges’ seat. Jesus, in effect; deposed his father. As things should be in a hierarchical progressive species like ours.

Leaders and shaman are the only ones who can claim being Greatest I am at any given point in time.

Religiously speaking, we want to and are encouraged by scriptures to try to emulate whatever we think of as God. God’s best-known speaker is analogically, Greatest I am.

Individually speaking, even you were born, instinctively speaking; thinking you were the fittest of your genetic line. In that sense, your ultimate raison d'être and dream, even if you can come up with some other analogy in religious terms; is you want to be known as the greatest at something, including God.

Upon birth, your first thought was, I am.

Your second thought was, where is the Greatest I am so that I might be his friend, and depose him with better justice?

Who are the fittest you are now to compete with, to prove your fitness, is your next enlightenment.

This is all of us seeking idols to emulate and depose the current icon in our chosen competitions.

Jesus asks us to idolize ourselves, loosely of course, by asking us in scriptures, “have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?”

I have not given up my spiritual, religious, or political efforts to be seen as the greatest at something.

I am not Jesus, but I am curious. Have you given up on your religious birth rite to be a god?

That would disappoint Jesus.

Have you given up your genetic birth rite to be the fittest and excel in some field?

That would disappoint your ancestors. They came from nature and nature demonstrably creates for the best possible end.

I see it as a shame when someone stops competing to be the greatest at something.

Regards
DL
Sounds very "MORMON" to me..............If man is to become the "equal" of God, its news to the God that I worship in scripture, "I am the Lord, there is none else, THERE IS NO GOD BESIDE ME.....remember the former things of old; for I AM GOD, there is none else; I am God THERE IS NONE LIKE ME." -- Isaiah 45:5, 46:9.

The scriptures make it clear there is only ONE GOD (Eph 4:6).

When the time for judgement comes........no one will be the equal of Christ Jesus (God incarnate).....we all must stand before the judgement seat of Christ (Cor. 5:10) that time of judgement will come like a thief in the night, no one knows when that judgement day will be (2 Peter 3:10-12). Going to heaven will not make one a God anymore than going to hell will make one Satan. Man will be judged with everlasting life or be punished with everlasting damnation (Matt. 25:31-36).

It seems like Joe Smith got this one wrong. Men are the servants of God, not His equal, "Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, and MY SERVANT whom I have chosen; that ye may believe in Me and understand that I AM HE; before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me." -- Isaiah 43:10.

More clarity? ""God is not a man......." -- Numbers 23:19.

There is only one ideology that suggests that anyone can become the equal of God.............Satanism.

Religions are tribes. So are the various non-believing tribes.

Tribal leaders and shaman are the ones to be emulated by all of us so that we might become better than they are and depose them.

It’s like Jesus ascending and retiring God by taking the righthand judges’ seat. Jesus, in effect; deposed his father. As things should be in a hierarchical progressive species like ours.

Leaders and shaman are the only ones who can claim being Greatest I am at any given point in time.

Religiously speaking, we want to and are encouraged by scriptures to try to emulate whatever we think of as God. God’s best-known speaker is analogically, Greatest I am.

Individually speaking, even you were born, instinctively speaking; thinking you were the fittest of your genetic line. In that sense, your ultimate raison d'être and dream, even if you can come up with some other analogy in religious terms; is you want to be known as the greatest at something, including God.

Upon birth, your first thought was, I am.

Your second thought was, where is the Greatest I am so that I might be his friend, and depose him with better justice?

Who are the fittest you are now to compete with, to prove your fitness, is your next enlightenment.

This is all of us seeking idols to emulate and depose the current icon in our chosen competitions.

Jesus asks us to idolize ourselves, loosely of course, by asking us in scriptures, “have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?”

I have not given up my spiritual, religious, or political efforts to be seen as the greatest at something.

I am not Jesus, but I am curious. Have you given up on your religious birth rite to be a god?

That would disappoint Jesus.

Have you given up your genetic birth rite to be the fittest and excel in some field?

That would disappoint your ancestors. They came from nature and nature demonstrably creates for the best possible end.

I see it as a shame when someone stops competing to be the greatest at something.

Regards
DL
Sounds very "MORMON" to me..............If man is to become the "equal" of God, its news to the God that I worship in scripture, "I am the Lord, there is none else, THERE IS NO GOD BESIDE ME.....remember the former things of old; for I AM GOD, there is none else; I am God THERE IS NONE LIKE ME." -- Isaiah 45:5, 46:9.

The scriptures make it clear there is only ONE GOD (Eph 4:6).

When the time for judgement comes........no one will be the equal of Christ Jesus (God incarnate).....we all must stand before the judgement seat of Christ (Cor. 5:10) that time of judgement will come like a thief in the night, no one knows when that judgement day will be (2 Peter 3:10-12). Going to heaven will not make one a God anymore than going to hell will make one Satan. Man will be judged with everlasting life or be punished with everlasting damnation (Matt. 25:31-36).

It seems like Joe Smith got this one wrong. Men are the servants of God, not His equal, "Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, and MY SERVANT whom I have chosen; that ye may believe in Me and understand that I AM HE; before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me." -- Isaiah 43:10.

More clarity? ""God is not a man......." -- Numbers 23:19.

There is only one ideology that suggests that anyone can become the equal of God.............Satanism.
When the time for judgement comes........no one will be the equal of Christ Jesus (God incarnate).....we all must stand before the judgement seat of Christ (Cor. 5:10) that time of judgement will come like a thief in the night, no one knows when that judgement day will be

you are so wrong, parity is the means for admission.

yours is the fallacy written in the christian bible, the time is known for judgment, the accomplishment achieved for it to occur - and yes if granted admission the state of purity is the same for all that have prevailed.

You are calling Jesus a Satanist. Interesting.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Clide buddy. Jesus invites you to grow up, yet you refuse.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back