Ben Carson, Huckster, Liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you care whether Carson is lying or not?

Why wouldn't I? I do expect all politicians to lie, it's just life. But, to put your entire reputation on the line. A supposedly reputable neurosurgeon telling people to buy wonder drugs, that is someone not to trust.

And former Secretary of State that lied repeatedly, even while oath, is someone you would put your trust in?

Even if Carson was telling the truth would you vote for him?

I think it's been said before, all politicians lie. If you want to discuss Clinton doing such and to what degree then join one of the numerous threads about her.

And thanks for your admission that indeed, Carson was lying. Now maybe you can apologize for the racism remarks.

Thanks for proving you have no character.

You keep trying to make a point and here we are with another miss.

No miss here, you are a hypocrite. Pretty simple.

Being "paid to give speeches during events" is only a crime if the speaker is Black, according to racist left wing democrats who haven't lost their ties to the KKK. What kind of questions do democrats get during alleged debates", something like "who does your hair Hillary"?

Take the pillow case off your head and look at the facts. Do you go to the mayor for a broken leg? No, not if you have half a brain. Do you go to a political site for medical information? No, you don't.

Dark fungus is fuming, we caught his boy in lie.

His boy? At least we know where you are coming from.

What makes you think you have the right to claim someone is a racist for using the word 'boy'? Here you are replying to someone who voted for Obama:

"Dumbshit, he is your boy, you voted for him twice, isn't that your claim?"

Link: Illegal Citizens Could Sway Elections | Page 19 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You're just a fucking hypocrite.

One more time for the dumbasses. This is where CNBC got their info. The National Review is one of the most conservative media outlets ever:

BEN CARSON'S TROUBLING CONNECTION
by JIM GERAGHTY January 12, 2015 9:21 AM

For ten years, he interacted with a medical-supplement maker accused of false advertising. In March of last year, Dr. Ben Carson, the conservative star considered a potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate, appeared in a video for Mannatech, Inc., a Texas-based medical supplement maker. Smiling into the camera, he extolled the benefits of the company’s “glyconutrient” products: The wonderful thing about a company like Mannatech is that they recognize that when God made us, He gave us the right fuel. And that fuel was the right kind of healthy food. You know we live in a society that is very sophisticated, and sometimes we’re not able to achieve the original diet. And we have to alter our diet to fit our lifestyle. Many of the natural things are not included in our diet. Basically what the company is doing is trying to find a way to restore natural diet as a medicine or as a mechanism for maintaining health.

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year. Mannatech has a long, checkered past, stretching back to its founding more than a decade before Carson began touting the company’s supplements."""

Read more at: Ben Carson’s Troubling Connection | National Review Online

Take the pillow case off your head and look at the facts. Do you go to the mayor for a broken leg? No, not if you have half a brain. Do you go to a political site for medical information? No, you don't.

Nice catch! I missed that one. Its an old southern democrat term for .......!

What makes you think you have the right to claim someone is a racist for using the word 'boy'? Here you are replying to someone who voted for Obama:

Link: Illegal Citizens Could Sway Elections | Page 19 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I support Trump and no one called him a boy NOPE.
Just a democrat calling Carson one.

Nice catch! I missed that one. Its an old southern democrat term for .......!

That's awesome because Papageorgio used the same term himself. Are you calling him a racist?

Your 214 IQ if failing you again.

EDIT: Oh, I get it, you thought I was replying to you. Pay attention, moron.

Wow ANOTHER attack the Negro post from the left. Who would have guessed right? A WORLD famous brain surgeon VS a political fact check site on a medical question.

A site that knows NOTHING about medicine VS a doctor? When it comes to medicine and health I get mine from a doctor NOT a political site.

Aha ha, attack the negro. How about attack the liar? he should lose his medical license for this kind of crap.
He's retired, Ace and he's an honest man.

Apparently he is not an honest man if he lied to push a drug.
He said it was a lie and propaganda and I believe him.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

Moderator Carl Quintanilla asked:

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Carson, a former pediatric neurosurgeon, replied:

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

The National Review points out:

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

We rate Carson’s claim False.

- See more at: Ben Carson Busted Hustling Bogus Cures For Christian Company
So he gave speeches.

Like he said.

Does giving speeches mean you're an official company employee?

Politifact is full of crap.....because they're assuming facts not in evidence.

He was under contract AFTER the company paid out $7 million for false advertising. He got caught and now he'll take a beating over it.

Maybe one of you geniuses can explain why he never mentioned glyconutrients as saving him from cancer until he got paid to do it.

Aaand what bearing does this have on his campaign? I don't care about "glyconutrients" I care about what he can do for the economy.

I guess you not only didn't watch the debate but ignored all the highlights, too. He blatantly lied. He was outed by credible, respected sources. Get used to it.

Lying means nothing. All candidates lie, not seeing the point of this lie being worse than any other. Your counter parts don't want to answer the questions either.

Why is Carson's lie worse than Hillary's lies sworn under oath to Congress? Why is Carson's lie worse than Obama's lie saying you can keep your plan and keep your doctor?

Just trying to gauge why the left seems to think this is a big deal.

Happy joy is very. More like angry racist.

You've already backtracked on the racsim stuff, going in for seconds?

You don't answer any of my questions "angry racist" so why do I need to answer your trolling?

Here.

Hillary Clinton calls Bosnia sniper story a mistake

She made a mistake which, when provided with updated information, she corrected.

Still doesn't erase the mistake. The damage has already been done.

What "damage"? Are you about to claim that you'd have voted for her, except for the sniper story? Drama much?

Carson continues to lie, about being paid to endorse a worthless and possibly harmful product. That's something that can actually cause damage, and here's why:

People with cancer expect a product endorsed by a doctor - who claims the product cured his own cancer - to be authentic.

If you're content to vote for a snake-oil salesman with no experience in leadership, that's your right, but don't pretend it's some sort of brilliant choice.

You don't answer any of my questions "angry racist" so why do I need to answer your trolling?

I've answered every question you've sent my way. Why did you call someone a racist for using the word 'boy' even though you've used the same word in the same context?

People with cancer expect a product endorsed by a doctor - who claims the product cured his own cancer - to be authentic.

Wow. I don't know why you're so focused on this issue. Hillary lies just as much as you claim they do, but I don't see you going after her. This has no bearing on his campaign.

If you're content to vote for a snake-oil salesman with no experience in leadership, that's your right, but don't pretend it's some sort of brilliant choice.

Well, I do have people like you to look up to, since you voted one into office seven years ago. Also, I don't work by your standards of "brilliance." I'll take a man who has an intricate knowledge of the human brain over some old hag who can't operate two cell phones properly.

Capische?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back