Ben Carson, Huckster, Liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
His timidity in debates and his refusal to attack the opposition is refreshing. However, in a head to head contest with Clinton, she would rip him to shreds over his lack of knowledge and experience in government.

That last bit, "lack of knowledge and experience in government" will be the fun part of the post-nomination debates regardless of who the Democratic nominee is. The main "appeal" of the Big Three Republicans is "Hi, my name is [ ], and I have absolutely no experience in the job I'm applying for."

You can't make this stuff up.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

Moderator Carl Quintanilla asked:

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Carson, a former pediatric neurosurgeon, replied:

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

The National Review points out:

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

We rate Carson’s claim False.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...s-for-christian-company/#sthash.VdipzqDL.dpuf
So he gave speeches.

Like he said.

Does giving speeches mean you're an official company employee?

Politifact is full of crap.....because they're assuming facts not in evidence.

Lots of deflection by the left going on here and lots of denial. Funny watching the game turn on them.

Well, why don't you answer my post or others instead of falsely proclaiming victory?

Quite frankly, whether Carson lies or not, I don't care. The Dems lie all the time and Hillary can't tell the truth to save her life.

If it comes down to Carson or Hillary, I'll take Carson.

Whether you are a racist or not, I don't care. I just pointed out how disagreeing with Obama got many labeled racist, you want to pretend it didn't happen. It did, I was accused, you don't like it, neither did I.
You are very unlikely to see a Carson Hillary contest. Republicans will recognize that Carson, despite his achievements in medicine lacks the most essential characteristics of a president, forcefulness, clarity, confidence, and ability to inspire others. Also, his position on gun control, price fixing in healthcare, making health insurance companies non-profits, and liberal attitudes on economic policy put him further to the left than Obama.

His timidity in debates and his refusal to attack the opposition is refreshing. However, in a head to head contest with Clinton, she would rip him to shreds over his lack of knowledge and experience in government.
Hillary couldn't rip him to shreds straight up.

She'd have to make false or misleading claims that the liberally bias moderator would then back up.....the same way they got Mitt Romney.

He comes off as lackadaisical in his speech delivery. Not sure if I would feel comfortable with him as my heart surgeon. Seeing him enter the o.r. just as I was going under would be the ultimate horror.

So he gave speeches.

Like he said.

No, having a contract to serve as a company spokesperson does.

See, I knew some of you didn't understand what a contract means...

You didn't point out anything. You deliberately accused people you don't know of racism based on something that happened to you, assuming you're telling the truth, your track record sucks in this thread.

If you don't care if Carson lied, then not much of a reason to be in this thread. I mean, unless you feel like back pedaling some more.

I have back pedaled. You leftwing nuts try to write all the rules and you hate when it gets thrown back in your face. You don't like the game? Don't play.

Your track record all over this board pretty much sucks.

This thread is about Carson lying and you are going into la-la land claiming liberals are racists based on some make believe shit that you want to convince everyone else of. No evidence, you can't even explain it. .You say why are we picking on Carson and no one else? It's pointed out to you that other candidates lies have been point out too. You say, why are we treating Carson different than Hillary and Obama? it's pointed out to you that Obama is also black and so where does your racism argument fit?

Then you back pedal and say you don't even care if Carson lies and you don't even know if the people you are calling racists are actual are actual racists because you have your own agenda that appears to have nothing to do with this thread.

Why do you care whether Carson is lying or not?

Why wouldn't I? I do expect all politicians to lie, it's just life. But, to put your entire reputation on the line. A supposedly reputable neurosurgeon telling people to buy wonder drugs, that is someone not to trust.

And former Secretary of State that lied repeatedly, even while oath, is someone you would put your trust in?

Even if Carson was telling the truth would you vote for him?

I think it's been said before, all politicians lie. If you want to discuss Clinton doing such and to what degree then join one of the numerous threads about her.

And thanks for your admission that indeed, Carson was lying. Now maybe you can apologize for the racism remarks.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

- See more at: Ben Carson Busted Hustling Bogus Cures For Christian Company

Good grief. Well, his 30 days of fame are just about up. He also wants to end Medicare. What a total jerk this guy is.
I liked the way his eyes flared when the CNBC moderator questioned him about this. This guy is a closeted psychopath just ready to blow. THIN SKINNED.

5632aa4b1400002b003c9830.jpg

Ben the Ripper

I expect that Rain Man Carson will soon be throwing rocks and trying to stab people again. His rage is building.
HAHAA Lokata is calling someone a rain man. Why democrats attack people of color? I don't get it, you would think they would vote in members of the KKK to the senate....wait..........they have.

I have back pedaled. You leftwing nuts try to write all the rules and you hate when it gets thrown back in your face. You don't like the game? Don't play.

Your track record all over this board pretty much sucks.

This thread is about Carson lying and you are going into la-la land claiming liberals are racists based on some make believe shit that you want to convince everyone else of. No evidence, you can't even explain it. .You say why are we picking on Carson and no one else? It's pointed out to you that other candidates lies have been point out too. You say, why are we treating Carson different than Hillary and Obama? it's pointed out to you that Obama is also black and so where does your racism argument fit?

Then you back pedal and say you don't even care if Carson lies and you don't even know if the people you are calling racists are actual are actual racists because you have your own agenda that appears to have nothing to do with this thread.

Why do you care whether Carson is lying or not?

Why wouldn't I? I do expect all politicians to lie, it's just life. But, to put your entire reputation on the line. A supposedly reputable neurosurgeon telling people to buy wonder drugs, that is someone not to trust.

And former Secretary of State that lied repeatedly, even while oath, is someone you would put your trust in?

Even if Carson was telling the truth would you vote for him?

Far left drones do not vote for anything other than what their far left masters tell them to vote for.

As we have seen in 2008, the far left does not believe in giving real choices. It is the same in 2016, no real choices..

You're an idiot. Just like on the right, people on the left vote for candidates they most closely align with. There is no conspiratorial "master". All you do is demonize using as few words as possible, I bet from post 1 until now you may have used a total of 50 words, constantly repeating yourself.

Why not try proving you are capable of holding a conversation?

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

Good grief. Well, his 30 days of fame are just about up. He also wants to end Medicare. What a total jerk this guy is.
I liked the way his eyes flared when the CNBC moderator questioned him about this. This guy is a closeted psychopath just ready to blow. THIN SKINNED.
LOL he said he gave speeches, but do we have to explain this to you? Are liberals THAT Stupid? He's not an employee, which is what the question tried to say. And he SAID he gave speeches as well as he still takes the product.

Ben the Ripper

I expect that Rain Man Carson will soon be throwing rocks and trying to stab people again. His rage is building.
HAHAA Lokata is calling someone a rain man. Why democrats attack people of color? I don't get it, you would think they would vote in members of the KKK to the senate....wait..........they have.

The namesake is a reference to a character played by a white actor. Nice try, dipshit, it's not about race.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

So he gave speeches.

Like he said.

Uh-huh....

BenCarsonMannatech.png

CarsonShillMannatech.jpg

MTc0M2ExYjMyNyMvQXRJNlF0OWU5QTVoUDVWVnhHelEzczZ4ellvPS82eDQxOjk1M3g1OTgvOTAweDUzMC9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzApL2h0dHA6Ly9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3BvbGljeW1pYy1pbWFnZXMveTVibjczYnJzc2xlMnlxbXN1bXMwNXdsOXd4Z3FibjU5YnhjMXFqYjdmZmFoaWdsaG96YWp6cnJ3eXFhYjVkei5qcGc=.jpg

Ben the Ripper

The namesake is a reference to a character played by a white actor. Nice try, dipshit, it's not about race.
What I know who Rain Main is,dipshit, but liberals like you always cry racism when the right criticizes a black democrat, wow talk bout THIN SKIN

Ben the Ripper

What I know who Rain Main is,dipshit, but liberals like you always cry racism when the right criticizes a black democrat, wow talk bout THIN SKIN

So then you would know that referencing Rain Man is not racist at all yet you have no problem using this supposed tactic of the left. makes you a hypocrite and just as guilty as what you accuse others of.

Ben the Ripper

Uh...let's see. I don't think anyone has accused Carson of being a Kenyan Muslim yet. Nor have they hoisted posters like this. So...you just GFY because what I just posted about Carson IS REAL.

Obama-I%E2%80%99m-the-First-Kenyan-American-President.png

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

So he gave speeches.

Like he said.

Nobody claimed he was an employee. Specifically it's pointed out that he wasn't. It's the matter that

Ben the Ripper

So then you would know that referencing Rain Man is not racist at all yet you have no problem using this supposed tactic of the left. makes you a hypocrite and just as guilty as what you accuse others of.
carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

LOL he said he gave speeches, but do we have to explain this to you? Are liberals THAT Stupid? He's not an employee, which is what the question tried to say. And he SAID he gave speeches as well as he still takes the product.

No one said he was an employee. Are YOU that stupid?
He said he did not endorse them nor represented them, and he clearly lied.
When you have rightwing media like the NR AND the WSJ out you, you're toast.
I was waiting for his god-like self importance and super ego to undo him.
Took sooner than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back