🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“So is hunger apparently. Let’s Jedi Mind trick ourselves into eating a steak.”

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

You can be broke without being poor....Barry did that to 92,000.000 Americans when he stopped counting them as unemployed.

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

I've worked on inner city housing projects. That's where Ben Carson grew up. Anyone who does not understand that for many poverty is a mindset and a way of life is fucking ignorant.

But hey...that's the Dimocraps for ya. Gotta keep the darkies on their plantation...poor and uneducated.

I actually think Carson makes a valid point, the message probably could have been delivered a little better, but there is a big problem with the culture and mindset of our poor that can only be solved by better education, community programs, and positive influences to help them understand that anything is possible. There are many many kids out there that have no concept of what the old fashioned "American Dream" is. It would sure be great to bring that spirit back.

I actually think Carson makes a valid point, the message probably could have been delivered a little better, but there is a big problem with the culture and mindset of our poor that can only be solved by better education, community programs, and positive influences to help them understand that anything is possible. There are many many kids out there that have no concept of what the old fashioned "American Dream" is. It would sure be great to bring that spirit back.
Community programs? Like what?

I don't find what the moron said offensive at all. How many times have any of us ever heard, myself included, that we grew up poor, but never knew it. We had a roof over our head, 3 hot meals a day and plenty of sunshine and joy during those years and yet, I grew up in the projects, my mom worked in a kitchen and I'm sure she struggled, but we as kids, never knew it. So maybe that state of mind thing worked. Listen, we gotta learn to pick our battles, my fellow libs...this is a non effin issue. Ben Carson is an idiot, end of story.

I don't find what the moron said offensive at all. How many times have any of us ever heard, myself included, that we grew up poor, but never knew it. We had a roof over our head, 3 hot meals a day and plenty of sunshine and joy during those years and yet, I grew up in the projects, my mom worked in a kitchen and I'm sure she struggled, but we as kids, never knew it. So maybe that state of mind thing worked. Listen, we gotta learn to pick our battles, my fellow libs...this is a non effin issue. Ben Carson is an idiot, end of story.

You mentioned your mother....what kind of work did your father do?

Commiecrats hate black conservatives, especially the ones that escaped the ghetto and made something of themselves.

Sports, crafts, arts lead by well rounded mentors... anything that keeps the kids off the streets and out of trouble

Sports, crafts, arts lead by well rounded mentors... anything that keeps the kids off the streets and out of trouble
And who funds these "programs"? Let me guess...the taxpayers? How about a little parental guidance? Oh, that's right, the parents are too busy dealing (and doing) drugs to be bothered with raising their children.

And who funds these "programs"? Let me guess...the taxpayers? How about a little parental guidance? Oh, that's right, the parents are too busy dealing (and doing) drugs to be bothered with raising their children.
Yes funded by the tax payers... Many parents are on drugs or working two jobs or beating/neglecting their kids... so if you don't think community programs would benefit our kids and communities then what's your solution? How do you improve "parental guidance"?

Forum List

Back