Ben Carson Wants to Censor Speech

I look forward to seeing Rain Man Ben and Candy Carson out on the campaign trail.

candy_3398479b.jpg

Ben Carson Wants to Censor Speech on College Campuses

"I actually have something I would use the Department of Education to do," Carson said. "It would be to monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny federal funding if it exists."

This is not the first time that Carson has spoken about the need to eradicate alleged political bias from college classrooms. In June, he offered the same idea while appearing as a guest on a Las Vegas radio show.

Carson often complains that the United States is weighed down by what he calls a "
PC culture." It seems that his defense of intemperate speech doesn't extend to political speech that he finds objectionable.

One minute Tea Baggers and far-righties are FOR the U.S. Constitution, and the next minute they are AGAINST it's protections. Strange, very strange.

Assuming the story is accurate (which would be highly dubious, given the source), I'd have to say that I disagree with Mr. Carson on this matter.

However, I think it points to a larger issue.

Foolishly, we've allowed the precedent to be established, and to stand, that in many instances, messages of a religious nature are to be censored, if public funding or support is involved. I've long considered it one of the more bizarre inventions of wrong-wing ideology, the idea that the First Amendment allows and even requires such censorship and suppression, that it was clearly intended to prohibit.

But if we accept this premise as correct (which I do not) then Mr. Carson is also at least equally-correct. If we can use the involvement of public funding or support as an excuse to censor religious expression, then why would this same excuse not apply equally to partisan political expression?

Wrong-wingers, in defending excesses and abuses of government power that favor their own agenda, very often fail to take into account how the precedents that they thus seek, if successful, can be turned against them.

If the Democrats treat her as badly as the Repubs have Michelle Obama, I'll be totally disgusted.

Ben Carson Wants to Censor Speech on College Campuses

"I actually have something I would use the Department of Education to do," Carson said. "It would be to monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny federal funding if it exists."

This is not the first time that Carson has spoken about the need to eradicate alleged political bias from college classrooms. In June, he offered the same idea while appearing as a guest on a Las Vegas radio show.

Carson often complains that the United States is weighed down by what he calls a "
PC culture." It seems that his defense of intemperate speech doesn't extend to political speech that he finds objectionable.

One minute Tea Baggers and far-righties are FOR the U.S. Constitution, and the next minute they are AGAINST it's protections. Strange, very strange.
Are you lying about what Carson said because you hate the idea of a black man in the White House?

Of course the educational elite hates free speech.

Free speech is flunking out on college campuses

Why would anyone support these freedom hating fanatics?

I love how these rightwing "less intrusive government" candidates turn around and propose increasingly intrusive government actions - such as monitoring higher education for "extreme political bias".

I wonder how they will determine what that is?

Government education is nothing more than brainwashing. How much more "intrusive" can you get?

If the Democrats treat her as badly as the Repubs have Michelle Obama, I'll be totally disgusted.

Republicans have treated Moochelle far better than Democrats treated Laura Bush, the Bush twins, Barbarba Bush, or Nancy Reagan.

We can add paranoia to the list of Carson's problems, being he now claims the liberals are plotting to kill him.

Carson On Secret Service: "I'm In Great Danger" Because I Challenge "Secular Progressive Movement"
---
“I’d prefer not to talk about security issues but I have recognized — and people have been telling me for many many months — that I’m in great danger, because I challenge the secular progressive movement to the very core,” Carson told WABC radio’s Rita Cosby Show on Thursday. “You know, they see me as an existential threat but I also believe in the good lord and we take reasonable precautions.”
---

We can add paranoia to the list of Carson's problems, being he now claims the liberals are plotting to kill him.

Carson On Secret Service: "I'm In Great Danger" Because I Challenge "Secular Progressive Movement"
---
“I’d prefer not to talk about security issues but I have recognized — and people have been telling me for many many months — that I’m in great danger, because I challenge the secular progressive movement to the very core,” Carson told WABC radio’s Rita Cosby Show on Thursday. “You know, they see me as an existential threat but I also believe in the good lord and we take reasonable precautions.”
---

Where did he say people were plotting to kill him?

Republicans have treated Moochelle far better than Democrats treated Laura Bush, the Bush twins, Barbarba Bush, or Nancy Reagan.

For starters, tell us what derogatory names such as "Moochelle" that liberals ever assigned to any of those women.

That is, thanks for disproving your own claim in your own post.

---
---

So are you illiterate, or just pretending to be?

Why not, he already wants to amend the Constitution to dissallow Muslims from holding elected Federal office

Just rip up the constitution....??

You'd more conservatives would be against this sorta thing.

What does the Constitution have to do with what employees are allowed to say by their employers?
ya mighta taught the Coyote some information that she never learned in her school Briepat !!

lets see if she , the Coyote thanks you for the information Briepat ,

For starters, tell us what derogatory names such as "Moochelle" that liberals ever assigned to any of those women.

That is, thanks for disproving your own claim in your own post.

How about "drunken slut?"

---
---

So are you illiterate, or just pretending to be?

IN other words, you can't quote him saying people where plotting to kill him.

How about "drunken slut?"

I see. Specifically, which liberals called who a drunken slut? And how many? You'll have to document it was some significant portion, as opposed to "this guy somewhere on the internet".

In contrast, I don't need to document how so many conservatives here use the term "Moochelle" regularly, since the ones on this thread have very kindly done that for me.

Forum List

Back