🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Franklin: Those who give up Freedom for Safety deserve Neither

People here honestly believe that they're going to elect Trump president and a month later, magically, a border wall will appear, paid for by Mexico.
Wall, Schmall. My concern is those Trump supporters who want him to be a King or Dictator.....and say so.

Don't bother. They are RWNJs. They see and hear what they want to see or hear.
Ironically, if they ever paid attention to my posting history on Illegal Immigration...I am very much against it and if a wall works....by all means build it. But NOT at the cost of making Trump a King or a Dictator.

We don't need a dictator to get the wall built. We just need a president committed to doing it.

No worries, King Obama will be gone shortly.

It is very odd that you say that.....

Words like:
"King"
"Dear Leader"
"Great One"
"Messiah"
Are only used by RWrs here. The correct term for Obama is PRESIDENT Obama. You know, the duly elected (twice) PRESIDENT of the United States.

I find the other words describe Obama's manner and the attitude of his admirers much more accurately.
And yet...it is RWrs who use such terms and it is RWrs who state that they would make Trump a King or a Dictator.

I'm only aware of one right winger who wants to make Trump a dictator. There are nutburgers on both sides of the isle. Right wingers use those terms to mock the attitude of drones like you towards your revered leader. Pretending otherwise only shows what a dishonest lying weasel you are.
And yet....and yet....no one seems to want to condemn him for it besides me. You wish to deflect to a Wall...I cannot help but wonder why you want to do that. Intentional?

I'll condemn him, if that makes you feel better. I'm definitely opposed to making any President a dictator, and I condemn anyone who proposes such a thing.

Actually, the full and correct quote is:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.” ”He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.”

Was old Ben anticipating people who say things like this:

"IF he builds that wall, and STOPS terrorist muslims, and criminal Hispanics from coming to America, IU'm all for declaring him KING...He will have done MORE than any other President has done since WW II!!!!!"

and this:

"A BENEVOLENT DICTATOR that will "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN".... we desperately NEED one, especially one that will CANCEL all of the Manchurian muslim's Unconstitutional E.O.'s!!!!!"

Discuss.
You really are terribly uninformed.

No, she is just terribly stupid.

She accepts anything posted on KOS or ThinkProgess uncritically.
More of your fantasies. Those two blue quotes are from a RW poster here on USMB. I see you agree with him. That does not surprise me in the least.

People here honestly believe that they're going to elect Trump president and a month later, magically, a border wall will appear, paid for by Mexico.
Wall, Schmall. My concern is those Trump supporters who want him to be a King or Dictator.....and say so.

Don't bother. They are RWNJs. They see and hear what they want to see or hear.
Ironically, if they ever paid attention to my posting history on Illegal Immigration...I am very much against it and if a wall works....by all means build it. But NOT at the cost of making Trump a King or a Dictator.

We don't need a dictator to get the wall built. We just need a president committed to doing it.
I hope so.....but the poster quoted in blue wants to give up everything we stand for and wants to hand over our freedoms WILLINGLY.

It is very odd that you say that.....

Words like:
"King"
"Dear Leader"
"Great One"
"Messiah"
Are only used by RWrs here. The correct term for Obama is PRESIDENT Obama. You know, the duly elected (twice) PRESIDENT of the United States.

I find the other words describe Obama's manner and the attitude of his admirers much more accurately.
And yet...it is RWrs who use such terms and it is RWrs who state that they would make Trump a King or a Dictator.

I'm only aware of one right winger who wants to make Trump a dictator. There are nutburgers on both sides of the isle. Right wingers use those terms to mock the attitude of drones like you towards your revered leader. Pretending otherwise only shows what a dishonest lying weasel you are.
And yet....and yet....no one seems to want to condemn him for it besides me. You wish to deflect to a Wall...I cannot help but wonder why you want to do that. Intentional?

I'll condemn him, if that makes you feel better. I'm definitely opposed to making any President a dictator, and I condemn anyone who proposes such a thing.

Well, thank you. Would you like to know who said those things? Or do you already know?

Well, thank you. Would you like to know who said those things? Or do you already know?

I don't really care.

If it's not about the wall, then why did you bring it up?

The left is in full blown panic.

Shortbus is a like sheep who reacts along with the herd. She has no clue what is going on around her, but knows that the hate sites are chanting hate memes about Trump.

But it's clear that the handlers are melting down. Hillary may actually be their nominee, and she would have a hard time beating Walter Palmer, clad in Cecils pelt, in the general.

Bode can only react to the emotions of her handlers, she lacks the intellect requisite for reason. But her reactions are a good gauge to the mood of the leftists over at Alternet and ThinkProgess - they are losing their shit.

I still say that Trump will be a disaster as a president. Being the opposite image of Obama means he will be just as big of a fuckup, but in the opposite direction.
^ Notice that EA Boy completely deflects from the comments from a RWr about being willing to make Trump a King or a Dictator. He must be quite comfortable with that concept and would willingly give up his freedoms to Trump.

More of your fantasies. Those two blue quotes are from a RW poster here on USMB. I see you agree with him. That does not surprise me in the least.

You see I "agree" with him by merit of my opposing Trump.

:lol:

As always, you have the intellect of a turnip.
Quite evident, in your attempting to deflect away from the topic that you would give away your freedoms as an American citizen with both hands....to a RW leader.

How Telling it is....that instead of IMMEDIATELY going "Oh NO! We value our freedoms as Americans. We totally disagree with making ANY President a King or Dictator for whatever reason"......we get what everyone sees in this thread.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.” ”He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.”

"IF he builds that wall, and STOPS terrorist muslims, and criminal Hispanics from coming to America, IU'm all for declaring him KING...He will have done MORE than any other President has done since WW II!!!!!"

and this:

"A BENEVOLENT DICTATOR that will "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN".... we desperately NEED one, especially one that will CANCEL all of the Manchurian muslim's Unconstitutional E.O.'s!!!!!"

Discuss.

How is building the wall "giving up freedom?"
Building a wall is NOT giving up freedom. Please read the comments. Someone is willing to give up their freedom to make someone a dictator or king. Didn't we fight a war to get rid of a king?

What the fuck are you babbling about??

and this:

Discuss.

Wow...imagine a gun grabber like you quoting Ben Franklin about surrendering liberty for the false notion of safety........you probably don't even realize what you have done, do you?

Quite evident, in your attempting to deflect away from the topic that you would give away your freedoms as an American citizen with both hands....to a RW leader.

There is no topic shortbus. You came in here, shrieked, and started flinging feces. You have nothing to say, and only emote your fear, frustration, and hatred.
How obvious it is that you cannot say that you would be against any President becoming a King or a Dictator for any reason.

and this:

Discuss.

Wow...imagine a gun grabber like you quoting Ben Franklin about surrendering liberty for the false notion of safety........you probably don't even realize what you have done, do you?
And what makes you think I am a "gun grabber". I am, and have always been, in full support of the 2nd Amendment.

So...shall you continue deflecting? Or can you make the slight effort to condemn ANYONE who would be willing to give up their freedom and allow any President to become a King or a Dictator as long as they did what you wanted?

and this:

Discuss.

And what makes you think I am a "gun grabber". I am, and have always been, in full support of the 2nd Amendment.

So...shall you continue deflecting? Or can you make the slight effort to condemn ANYONE who would be willing to give up their freedom and allow any President to become a King or a Dictator as long as they did what you wanted?

Not deflecting...not interested in your thread.......and I love the "I support the 2nd Amendment, just not your ability to own or carry guns..." posters here on U.S. message...they are pretty funny.

There is no topic shortbus. You came in here, shrieked, and started flinging feces. You have nothing to say, and only emote your fear, frustration, and hatred.

Progressives used to call themselves the Intellectual Elite. That was before the Internet gave them the opportunity to show off the full extent of their ignorance and stupidity

and this:

Discuss.

Not deflecting...not interested in your thread.......and I love the "I support the 2nd Amendment, just not your ability to own or carry guns..." posters here on U.S. message...they are pretty funny.
I am not only in full support of the 2nd Amendment but I own guns and support the rights of others to own AND carry guns.

But I am fascinated in you "not being interested" in a thread about those WILLING to give up their freedom and make a President a King or Dictator as long as they get what they want.

Fascinating indeed......Ben Franklin was speaking about the likes of you.

and this:

Discuss.

I am not only in full support of the 2nd Amendment but I own guns and support the rights of others to own AND carry guns.

But I am fascinating in you "not being interested" in a thread about those WILLING to give up their freedom and make a President a King or Dictator as long as they get what they want.

Fascinating indeed......Ben Franklin was speaking about the likes of you.

Yeah......not interested in your thread...so I want a dictator.....that is how a 12 year old thinks....which is pretty much the level lefties are at.....

Forum List

Back