🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Franklin: Those who give up Freedom for Safety deserve Neither

Actually, the full and correct quote is:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.” ”He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.”

Was old Ben anticipating people who say things like this:

"IF he builds that wall, and STOPS terrorist muslims, and criminal Hispanics from coming to America, IU'm all for declaring him KING...He will have done MORE than any other President has done since WW II!!!!!"

and this:

"A BENEVOLENT DICTATOR that will "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN".... we desperately NEED one, especially one that will CANCEL all of the Manchurian muslim's Unconstitutional E.O.'s!!!!!"

Discuss.
You really are terribly uninformed.
And....what am I uninformed about?

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.” ”He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.”

"IF he builds that wall, and STOPS terrorist muslims, and criminal Hispanics from coming to America, IU'm all for declaring him KING...He will have done MORE than any other President has done since WW II!!!!!"

and this:

"A BENEVOLENT DICTATOR that will "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN".... we desperately NEED one, especially one that will CANCEL all of the Manchurian muslim's Unconstitutional E.O.'s!!!!!"

Discuss.

How is building the wall "giving up freedom?"
Building a wall is NOT giving up freedom. Please read the comments. Someone is willing to give up their freedom to make someone a dictator or king. Didn't we fight a war to get rid of a king?

No worries, King Obama will be gone shortly.

It is very odd that you say that.....

Words like:
"King"
"Dear Leader"
"Great One"
"Messiah"
Are only used by RWrs here. The correct term for Obama is PRESIDENT Obama. You know, the duly elected (twice) PRESIDENT of the United States.

I find the other words describe Obama's manner and the attitude of his admirers much more accurately.

People here honestly believe that they're going to elect Trump president and a month later, magically, a border wall will appear, paid for by Mexico.
Wall, Schmall. My concern is those Trump supporters who want him to be a King or Dictator.....and say so.

Well, actually they only want to elect him President. Just like Obama is now President. We don't have kings or dictators, we elect Presidents which can be removed by vote every four years.

and this:

Discuss.

Not only would it help stem the flow of illegal aliens and terrorists, it would also help in stemming the flow of drugs into the country.
Giving up freedom for safety will "help stem the flow of illegal aliens and terrorists"?
Declaring Trump King will "help in stemming the flow of drugs into the country"?

What freedom will Americans be giving up by securing their own border?
This is funny....you want to ignore that the comments in blue state that someone is willing to make someone a King, a Dictator. I thought this was America and we fought a war to get rid of a king.

and this:

Discuss.

Building a wall is NOT giving up freedom. Please read the comments. Someone is willing to give up their freedom to make someone a dictator or king. Didn't we fight a war to get rid of a king?

Then why did you list building the wall as one of your examples?
C'mon...I thought you were smarter than that. Look at the entire quotes I've put in blue. Do I truly need to highlight the key words for you?

I noted that one referred to building the wall. So explain how that limits our freedom. It seems you don't want to discuss that.

and this:

Discuss.

Shortbus, you are as stupid as a doorknob.

What freedom do we give up by building a wall?

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more stupid....
You think this is about "a wall" and you call ME stupid? :lol:

and this:

Discuss.

C'mon...I thought you were smarter than that. Look at the entire quotes I've put in blue. Do I truly need to highlight the key words for you?

I noted that one referred to building the wall. So explain how that limits our freedom. It seems you don't want to discuss that.
I believe that I will just chalk you up as someone who supports making Trump a King or a Dictator.

I believe that I will just chalk you up as someone who supports making Trump a King or a Dictator.

Why would you do that because I asked you about your comment on the wall? It must be because you're just a sleazy dishonest libturd.

and this:

Discuss.

If it's not about the wall, then why did you bring it up?

Is the left so freaking screwed up that they think secure borders equal a loss of liberty? The world is upside down in the liberal mind.

and this:

Discuss.

Words like:
"King"
"Dear Leader"
"Great One"
"Messiah"
Are only used by RWrs here. The correct term for Obama is PRESIDENT Obama. You know, the duly elected (twice) PRESIDENT of the United States.

I find the other words describe Obama's manner and the attitude of his admirers much more accurately.
And yet...it is RWrs who use such terms and it is RWrs who state that they would make Trump a King or a Dictator.

and this:

Discuss.

You would have to ask the poster the two quotes came from. The one who is willing to make Trump a King or Dictator.

and this:

Discuss.

OMG. Talk about a rider on the shortbus! This post is about Trump supporters who no longer care about democracy! It was a Trump supporter who mentioned the Wall. They would rather have a KING or a DICTATOR than another 4 years of an obstructionist Congress. If you aren't one of them, good!

People here honestly believe that they're going to elect Trump president and a month later, magically, a border wall will appear, paid for by Mexico.
Wall, Schmall. My concern is those Trump supporters who want him to be a King or Dictator.....and say so.

Well, actually they only want to elect him President. Just like Obama is now President. We don't have kings or dictators, we elect Presidents which can be removed by vote every four years.
Not the poster I quoted in blue. That poster is willing to make Trump a King or a Dictator.

Don't bother. They are RWNJs. They see and hear what they want to see or hear.

It IS quite telling to see almost every RWr on this thread gloss right over the comments about making Trump a king or dictator. I guess it's not so far-fetched for them to accept that kind of thing after all.

Words like:
"King"
"Dear Leader"
"Great One"
"Messiah"

And yet...it is RWrs who use such terms and it is RWrs who state that they would make Trump a King or a Dictator.

I'm only aware of one right winger who wants to make Trump a dictator. There are nutburgers on both sides of the isle. Right wingers use those terms to mock the attitude of drones like you towards your revered leader. Pretending otherwise only shows what a dishonest lying weasel you are.

Don't bother. They are RWNJs. They see and hear what they want to see or hear.
Ironically, if they ever paid attention to my posting history on Illegal Immigration...I am very much against it and if a wall works....by all means build it. But NOT at the cost of making Trump a King or a Dictator.

Words like:
"King"
"Dear Leader"
"Great One"
"Messiah"

I'm only aware of one right winger who wants to make Trump a dictator. There are nutburgers on both sides of the isle. Right wingers use those terms to mock the attitude of drones like you towards your revered leader. Pretending otherwise only shows what a dishonest lying weasel you are.
And yet....and yet....no one seems to want to condemn him for it besides me. You wish to deflect to a Wall...I cannot help but wonder why you want to do that. Intentional?

The left is in full blown panic.

Shortbus is a like sheep who reacts along with the herd. She has no clue what is going on around her, but knows that the hate sites are chanting hate memes about Trump.

But it's clear that the handlers are melting down. Hillary may actually be their nominee, and she would have a hard time beating Walter Palmer, clad in Cecils pelt, in the general.

Bode can only react to the emotions of her handlers, she lacks the intellect requisite for reason. But her reactions are a good gauge to the mood of the leftists over at Alternet and ThinkProgess - they are losing their shit.

I still say that Trump will be a disaster as a president. Being the opposite image of Obama means he will be just as big of a fuckup, but in the opposite direction.

Forum List

Back