Ben Sasse has an important message for Trump supporters

So "white privilege" is something that has been gone for well over 100 years.
I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the system oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change. with the signing of legislation. Right?
#1) I hate Golf. Best ever golfer = Tiger Woods. I guess? I do not watch Golf. It is a VERY expensive sport. I would state that very few white players if any come from a working class family background. It is a game for the wealthy just like polo.
#2) 6% of the US population consists of black males but they represent 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Some people are just better at sports than others. There are more Jewish NFL owners than players. We all have our core competencies I guess? But statistics can also be misleading.
#3) The primary reason for black disadvantage is the single family unit. In the 60s only 20% of Black Families had one parent, today it is 75%. We are not more racist today than we were in the 60s, I don't think so anyway but Gov't programs and such have festered to create this dynamic. In fact a black child with two parents is more likely to be successful than a white child with one parent. This is why Jews and Asians are the most successful, lowest number of single family homes. Close knit family structures.
#4) We have racist people in America and the world but blacks are the most affluent in America. This is the best place for black and white folks IMO but especially for black folks. Europe is dangerously racist.
#5) I believe if we treated everyone equally and not provide special programs for blacks, Hispanics, women, Asians, etc., we would all be better off. I am a Jew and I do not want any programs to help specifically Jews. I would find that abominable. Just treat everyone fairly. I believe capitalism does that as best it can. Notice how many no longer consider Asians to be minorities and even Harvard is turning them away because of the level of wealth and prosperity they achieved in America...wealthiest class.
Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and thats largely why it is dominated by whites. Yes, Tiger Woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks so we know they have incredible athletic ability but they dominate in sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.

I agree with you in the most part when it comes to race specific programs. I think it better to focus programs on income level and impoverished areas. Infrastructure and education being the most important elements. I agree on the importance of the family unit, and I agree that America is still a country that represents equal opportunity for all. That doesn't mean we don't have problems and that we can't do better.

I will make one more point. For generations the power structure has been held by whites. That means whites has the most control over making our laws and regulations and shaping the course of our society. Minorities were systematically oppressed for a long time and have not had the opportunity to grow into the positions of power and wealth as whites. These things take time and often generations to get there. I do support programs that can give voice to these minorities. The kind of voice that those who do have money, wealth and power have. So in that aspect I so support racially focused programs.

Do you not thing that Biden will be speaking out for those minorities?
Yes I think he will make an effort to give them voice. He already has through the people he has appointed into power within his administration. Kudos for that

So, why the need for "racially focused programs" when Biden is giving them a voice, a very powerful voice and policies and money and blah, blah, blah, already?
Do you think all inequality problems are solved in this nation? Do you think there is equal voice, power and representation in local communities all over this nation? You ask why have racially focused programs... well cause a few presidential appointments doesn't solve the issues. Its a good step but many other steps need to be taken.

I do not think that Biden will be speaking for me. In fact, i think Biden thinks of me as a problem, not a citizen who needs or deserves anything.

Discrimination in favor of one race, is discrimination AGAINST other races, when you are discriminating with limited resources, such as money or access.

You want me to wait until ALL other inequality problems are solved until I am allowed to have a turn at having my interests represented? And that is a qualified maybe anyways?

Biden talks shit about unity. We cannot have unity when government policy is to shit on huge blocs of people, in favor of other large blocs of people.

That is a plan for civil war, not healing.
What are your top 3 interests?

At this point,

1. That the very idea of me having interests, is not taboo.

2. Freedom of speech, so that as oppression increases, we can call it out for what it is.

3. Justice for our political prisoners.
wow, thats very interesting. Doesn't seem like any of those have a tangible effect on the day to day life issues that most people deal with... employment, income, taxes, resources, education, crime, etc.

I'm not dismissing your priorities, just wasn't expecting those to top the list

I personally am financially ok and making my goals.

I do care about the financial outlook for my peers, family and friends who are less secure.

I lumped those more general and less personal interests under number one, in that over the last four years it has been demonstrated that in our society today, it is taboo for me to even state that I have interests as a group that should be considered in policy.

Those minorities you talk of? It is great for them to speak out, or to have someone speak out for them and their interests.

Me? If I say ANYTHING, even simply identifying myself or my group, I am immediately smeared as a wacist and marginalized and shouted down.

Why did you ask your question? What point were you angling towards?
I didn't have an angle. I was just curious about what your priorities were. I am still a little confused though. Lets say your number 1 and 2 were resolved and you could speak out freely and openly without feeling judged or censored... What would you be speaking out for? Number 3? Political prisoners?

It is not about feeling judged. It is about the fact that "my turn" at the helm, was significantly denied.

In 2016, we won. We won it all. According to the rules, we should have been able to get what we wanted.

Instead, there was insane, hysterical, ILLEGAL, violent and seditious and treasonous resistance.

That is the break down of democracy. If we don't get to have our turn when we win, then democracy and elections are just a game of pretend.

That is more important than short term economic interests. That is the end of our form of government. As I was raised to understand it.
What are you talking about?! I thought Trump got more done than any other president in the history of presidents?

He got his tax cut. That was the big agenda item. Obama got Obamacare. The reps blocked everything else.

Try again, this time without the snide shit.
Ok, my bad... Trump got his tax cut and Criminal Justice reform. Those were the big agenda items. Obama got Obamacare. The reps blocked everything else. What are you complaining about?

Trump ran on Trade, and Immigration and Disentanglement.

He spent 4 years negotiating in Good Faith with the Chinese, and they stalled. Little was done on that front. He needed more time. He was cheated of that, thanks to lies like the "very fine people" lie.

He made some progress on immigration, but no nearly enough. Perhaps that is because he never intended to live up to his promised expectations. Or perhaps he was too bogged down by the political impeachment based on lies.

He tried to lower tensions with Russia and drawn down on troop levels in teh me, a few times. And was every time slammed by pushbacks from multiple fronts. That was my turn, denied.

If when I finally get my turn, I don't actually get it, not fully,

at that point, it is silly to play a rigged game. It makes more sense at that point, to flip the table over and move on to the whatever comes next.
Its the tit for tat of politics. I think it is lame but don't pretend that you're the victim. Obama got Obama care in his first 2 years and that was it. He got blocked on everything else over the following 6 years and thats even after winning reelection. He didn't even get his SCOTUS pick during his last year. Trump took it and got two others.

I wouldn't be playing the victim game if I were you, unless you can admit the other side has just as many grievances.

I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the system oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change. with the signing of legislation. Right?
#1) I hate Golf. Best ever golfer = Tiger Woods. I guess? I do not watch Golf. It is a VERY expensive sport. I would state that very few white players if any come from a working class family background. It is a game for the wealthy just like polo.
#2) 6% of the US population consists of black males but they represent 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Some people are just better at sports than others. There are more Jewish NFL owners than players. We all have our core competencies I guess? But statistics can also be misleading.
#3) The primary reason for black disadvantage is the single family unit. In the 60s only 20% of Black Families had one parent, today it is 75%. We are not more racist today than we were in the 60s, I don't think so anyway but Gov't programs and such have festered to create this dynamic. In fact a black child with two parents is more likely to be successful than a white child with one parent. This is why Jews and Asians are the most successful, lowest number of single family homes. Close knit family structures.
#4) We have racist people in America and the world but blacks are the most affluent in America. This is the best place for black and white folks IMO but especially for black folks. Europe is dangerously racist.
#5) I believe if we treated everyone equally and not provide special programs for blacks, Hispanics, women, Asians, etc., we would all be better off. I am a Jew and I do not want any programs to help specifically Jews. I would find that abominable. Just treat everyone fairly. I believe capitalism does that as best it can. Notice how many no longer consider Asians to be minorities and even Harvard is turning them away because of the level of wealth and prosperity they achieved in America...wealthiest class.
Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and thats largely why it is dominated by whites. Yes, Tiger Woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks so we know they have incredible athletic ability but they dominate in sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.

I agree with you in the most part when it comes to race specific programs. I think it better to focus programs on income level and impoverished areas. Infrastructure and education being the most important elements. I agree on the importance of the family unit, and I agree that America is still a country that represents equal opportunity for all. That doesn't mean we don't have problems and that we can't do better.

I will make one more point. For generations the power structure has been held by whites. That means whites has the most control over making our laws and regulations and shaping the course of our society. Minorities were systematically oppressed for a long time and have not had the opportunity to grow into the positions of power and wealth as whites. These things take time and often generations to get there. I do support programs that can give voice to these minorities. The kind of voice that those who do have money, wealth and power have. So in that aspect I so support racially focused programs.

Yes I think he will make an effort to give them voice. He already has through the people he has appointed into power within his administration. Kudos for that

So, why the need for "racially focused programs" when Biden is giving them a voice, a very powerful voice and policies and money and blah, blah, blah, already?
Do you think all inequality problems are solved in this nation? Do you think there is equal voice, power and representation in local communities all over this nation? You ask why have racially focused programs... well cause a few presidential appointments doesn't solve the issues. Its a good step but many other steps need to be taken.

I do not think that Biden will be speaking for me. In fact, i think Biden thinks of me as a problem, not a citizen who needs or deserves anything.

Discrimination in favor of one race, is discrimination AGAINST other races, when you are discriminating with limited resources, such as money or access.

You want me to wait until ALL other inequality problems are solved until I am allowed to have a turn at having my interests represented? And that is a qualified maybe anyways?

Biden talks shit about unity. We cannot have unity when government policy is to shit on huge blocs of people, in favor of other large blocs of people.

At this point,

2. Freedom of speech, so that as oppression increases, we can call it out for what it is.

wow, thats very interesting. Doesn't seem like any of those have a tangible effect on the day to day life issues that most people deal with... employment, income, taxes, resources, education, crime, etc.

I do care about the financial outlook for my peers, family and friends who are less secure.

I lumped those more general and less personal interests under number one, in that over the last four years it has been demonstrated that in our society today, it is taboo for me to even state that I have interests as a group that should be considered in policy.

Those minorities you talk of? It is great for them to speak out, or to have someone speak out for them and their interests.

Me? If I say ANYTHING, even simply identifying myself or my group, I am immediately smeared as a wacist and marginalized and shouted down.

Therein lies the problem. Open communication is frowned upon.
What elements of our society/politics do you think are discouraging open communication and why?
#1) Social Media. If I go on FB and or Twitter and post "DJT was a great President" I will likely get called a racist like 100x and maybe worse.

#2) Places of employment. My wife cannot say how she feels unless it's leftist mantra.

#3) Even families have been torn apart. My niece won't speak with her dad because he voted for Trump.

Three examples right there
I guess you can blame social media and media in general for some of that as then enable the pumping of hyperbolic rhetoric but you know that the majority of the cause for such animus lies with Trump himself, right? Such an ugly and divisive figure who trolled and lashed out at others. Each of your examples is pointing to your own friends, family and coworkers as the ones who are limiting your comfort to express yourself. These aren't robots or political operatives these are people you know and they are acting this way because they are deeply offended and insulted by the actions of our President over the past 4 years.

They are doing this because they denounce the vitriol that Trump represented. People like you, I know see it but you probably excuse it because he is progressing an agenda you agree with or because you think the people he attacks deserve it. But many people just see a bully picking on others and fostering hate and division. It really didn't need to be that way if he could have acted like a responsible leader instead of an egomaniac.
Trump is the effect not the cause. Twitter was highly Antisemitic before Trump ran. The fact that you can’t see that is mind boggling. You keep punching me in the face and when I punch back you call me a bully. That’s what happened with Trump and those who supported him.
Yes the fire was burning before Trump. But he was the gasoline that took all this none sense into hyperdrive. The wingnuts like Bri and uncensored are trying to keep it going with all the retarded Nazi talk but we already see the tensions mellowing with a calmer more boring figure like Biden at the helm. You may disagree with his policies but you have to admit the discourse is getting better than it has been and needs to keep going in the right direction
Nothing comes close, to the Very Fine People lie.
It was wrong for anybody to say that Trump was calling Nazi's very fine people when he was talking about protestors who wanted to protect statues. It is a fair point to criticize Trump for the weak denunciation of the Nazis and then the subject change to try and blame the left and then compliment the fine people who were there for the statues? Where they fuck did that come from and why is he talking that way after a torch Nazi rally and the murder of a woman?!?!? He could have easily clarified and poured water on the issue but he didn't. He wanted to controversy in my opinion.

What happened was more complex than simply a bunch of neo-nazis attacking people, which is the way that the media wanted to spin it.

The American people could easily have understood that.

The American People could easily have grasped the idea that both the radical lefty Antifa types AND the neo-nazis were "very bad people" while other people there, both for and against the statues included many "very fine people".

I think Trump would have LOVED it, if the Media had reported his words honestly and let the discussion of that event go down that road, ie of American society as a whole condemning both the far left and the far right, while accepting the legitimacy of the disagreement between the left leaning center and the right leaning center.
You don't take the focus off the fact that Nazi's were marching our streets yelling blood and soil to poke at Antifa. I'm sorry but when ugliness like that hits our streets and takes a life you squash it with force and clarity.

The Nebraska GOP can censure him - But at their own peril.
And he is SO right ... Many Trump supporters have abandoned their religion for politics.

Personality cults aren't conservative
Conspiracy theories aren't conservative
Lying that an election has been stolen is not conservative
Acting like politics is a religion isn't conservative
Politics isn't about the weird worship of one dude
We're going to have to choose between conservatism and madness

Trumpsters are not conservatives and certainly not liberals. They are people that favor authoritarian rule who believe the answer does not lie in a party or in a democratic elected government but in a single strong leader. This is why they are quick to accept the claim that democratic elections are rigged. Like Trump, they think might is right. They praise the strong and abhor the weak.

All that is made up shit about people you hate.

At this point,

I didn't have an angle. I was just curious about what your priorities were. I am still a little confused though. Lets say your number 1 and 2 were resolved and you could speak out freely and openly without feeling judged or censored... What would you be speaking out for? Number 3? Political prisoners?

It is not about feeling judged. It is about the fact that "my turn" at the helm, was significantly denied.

In 2016, we won. We won it all. According to the rules, we should have been able to get what we wanted.

Instead, there was insane, hysterical, ILLEGAL, violent and seditious and treasonous resistance.

That is the break down of democracy. If we don't get to have our turn when we win, then democracy and elections are just a game of pretend.

That is more important than short term economic interests. That is the end of our form of government. As I was raised to understand it.
What are you talking about?! I thought Trump got more done than any other president in the history of presidents?

He got his tax cut. That was the big agenda item. Obama got Obamacare. The reps blocked everything else.

Ok, my bad... Trump got his tax cut and Criminal Justice reform. Those were the big agenda items. Obama got Obamacare. The reps blocked everything else. What are you complaining about?

He spent 4 years negotiating in Good Faith with the Chinese, and they stalled. Little was done on that front. He needed more time. He was cheated of that, thanks to lies like the "very fine people" lie.

He made some progress on immigration, but no nearly enough. Perhaps that is because he never intended to live up to his promised expectations. Or perhaps he was too bogged down by the political impeachment based on lies.

He tried to lower tensions with Russia and drawn down on troop levels in teh me, a few times. And was every time slammed by pushbacks from multiple fronts. That was my turn, denied.

at that point, it is silly to play a rigged game. It makes more sense at that point, to flip the table over and move on to the whatever comes next.
Its the tit for tat of politics. I think it is lame but don't pretend that you're the victim. Obama got Obama care in his first 2 years and that was it. He got blocked on everything else over the following 6 years and thats even after winning reelection. He didn't even get his SCOTUS pick during his last year. Trump took it and got two others.

I wouldn't be playing the victim game if I were you, unless you can admit the other side has just as many grievances.

Bush did not use the FBI to spy on Obama before he even took office.

Republican partisans in the fbi, did not plot how to stop Obama from having his administration, or lie to federal judges to gin up lies into a false case for impeachment.

REpublican mayors did not order teh cops to stand down, while conservative mobs rioted and looted and killed.

Ect. ect. ect.

There is a line between bitter partisanship and loyal opposition and the denial of an earned turn.

At this point,

What elements of our society/politics do you think are discouraging open communication and why?
#1) Social Media. If I go on FB and or Twitter and post "DJT was a great President" I will likely get called a racist like 100x and maybe worse.

#2) Places of employment. My wife cannot say how she feels unless it's leftist mantra.

#3) Even families have been torn apart. My niece won't speak with her dad because he voted for Trump.

I guess you can blame social media and media in general for some of that as then enable the pumping of hyperbolic rhetoric but you know that the majority of the cause for such animus lies with Trump himself, right? Such an ugly and divisive figure who trolled and lashed out at others. Each of your examples is pointing to your own friends, family and coworkers as the ones who are limiting your comfort to express yourself. These aren't robots or political operatives these are people you know and they are acting this way because they are deeply offended and insulted by the actions of our President over the past 4 years.

They are doing this because they denounce the vitriol that Trump represented. People like you, I know see it but you probably excuse it because he is progressing an agenda you agree with or because you think the people he attacks deserve it. But many people just see a bully picking on others and fostering hate and division. It really didn't need to be that way if he could have acted like a responsible leader instead of an egomaniac.
Trump is the effect not the cause. Twitter was highly Antisemitic before Trump ran. The fact that you can’t see that is mind boggling. You keep punching me in the face and when I punch back you call me a bully. That’s what happened with Trump and those who supported him.
Yes the fire was burning before Trump. But he was the gasoline that took all this none sense into hyperdrive. The wingnuts like Bri and uncensored are trying to keep it going with all the retarded Nazi talk but we already see the tensions mellowing with a calmer more boring figure like Biden at the helm. You may disagree with his policies but you have to admit the discourse is getting better than it has been and needs to keep going in the right direction
It was wrong for anybody to say that Trump was calling Nazi's very fine people when he was talking about protestors who wanted to protect statues. It is a fair point to criticize Trump for the weak denunciation of the Nazis and then the subject change to try and blame the left and then compliment the fine people who were there for the statues? Where they fuck did that come from and why is he talking that way after a torch Nazi rally and the murder of a woman?!?!? He could have easily clarified and poured water on the issue but he didn't. He wanted to controversy in my opinion.

What happened was more complex than simply a bunch of neo-nazis attacking people, which is the way that the media wanted to spin it.

The American People could easily have grasped the idea that both the radical lefty Antifa types AND the neo-nazis were "very bad people" while other people there, both for and against the statues included many "very fine people".

I think Trump would have LOVED it, if the Media had reported his words honestly and let the discussion of that event go down that road, ie of American society as a whole condemning both the far left and the far right, while accepting the legitimacy of the disagreement between the left leaning center and the right leaning center.
You don't take the focus off the fact that Nazi's were marching our streets yelling blood and soil to poke at Antifa. I'm sorry but when ugliness like that hits our streets and takes a life you squash it with force and clarity.

The American People would have no trouble understanding that there were TWO groups of bad people there and both needed condemned and dealt with.

YOu are making excuses for hte media lying to the American people.

What can be more divisive, than telling half the country that the President is sympathetic to ws?

AND at the same time, telling the other half, "hey, because you support a ws, you are evul and nothing you say counts".

At this point,

Bush did not use the FBI to spy on Obama before he even took office.

Republican partisans in the fbi, did not plot how to stop Obama from having his administration, or lie to federal judges to gin up lies into a false case for impeachment.

REpublican mayors did not order teh cops to stand down, while conservative mobs rioted and looted and killed.

Ect. ect. ect.

There is a line between bitter partisanship and loyal opposition and the denial of an earned turn.
You're changing the subject. Note that Trumps own people started the Mueller investigation and none of that would have happened if Trump hadn't been lying about communications with the Russians for months.

At this point,

The American People would have no trouble understanding that there were TWO groups of bad people there and both needed condemned and dealt with.

What can be more divisive, than telling half the country that the President is sympathetic to ws?

AND at the same time, telling the other half, "hey, because you support a ws, you are evul and nothing you say counts".
Im not making excuses for the media. I've said anybody that claims that Trump was calling Nazis fine people is not being honest. I am pointing out the fault in how Trump handled the situation. He didn't need to call Nazis fine people, what he did was extremely poor leadership and antagonistic which is his nature. He wanted controversy IMO. Its all a troll game to him and we the people suffer as a result.

I saw this. He was brutally honest. Either the GOP kicks trump to the curb or they will be the GOPQ.

The GOP went Q and tRump quite sometime ago. Facts don't matter anymore. It's all about loyalty and blind devotion to stupid conspiracy theories. They traded their faith for a cult of personality and it's a very sad thing to watch play out.
When a political party worships one person over their well established policies and principles...they have lost their way. The support for trump is falling dramatically, especially after January 6th. If the GOPQ wants to continue in their worship, it will be their loss.
When a political party is obsessed with one person over their well established policies and principles...they have lost their way. The hatred for trump is rising dramatically, especially after January 6th. If the Democrats wants to continue in their obsession, it will be their loss.

FIXED IT FOR YA....Leftist sheep

The Republican Parrty has sold their principles down the river and is now a cult built around 1 person. The hatred by Republicans has grown over the years. It started with Obama and has only grown under Trump. What happened January 6th should make any American sick. You had American citizens launch a terrorist attack. These people were chanting to hang Mike Pence. There were also several people with plastic ties which brings up the possibility they might have been out to take hostages.
Of course they were out for hostages. trump knew what was going to happen. Future investigations will prove his involvement. If these crazies had been successful, the future of the country would have been in doubt. There could have been hostage taking and killings. All this was happening right there on our TVs while trump gleefully watched in his WH cave. It took hours for reinforcement to get to the Capitol....WHY? trump could have picked up the phone and called in more police or guards. He didn't do it. He had to be brow beaten into putting out a statement...where is applauded the mob and told them that he "loved" them....Now he says he was shocked and surprised. Junior bragged about the incident before it happened. I hope all this comes out in the Senate trial.

Thanks Jim. It was kind of like the “Trump Bowl” I’ll bet as he watched his insurrectionist weekend warriors lay seige on our democracy.
Took about 3 hours for his “go home I love you” hostage statement.
Wonder if they had chips, dips, n wings? :rolleyes-41:

I saw this. He was brutally honest. Either the GOP kicks trump to the curb or they will be the GOPQ.

The GOP went Q and tRump quite sometime ago. Facts don't matter anymore. It's all about loyalty and blind devotion to stupid conspiracy theories. They traded their faith for a cult of personality and it's a very sad thing to watch play out.
When a political party worships one person over their well established policies and principles...they have lost their way. The support for trump is falling dramatically, especially after January 6th. If the GOPQ wants to continue in their worship, it will be their loss.
When a political party is obsessed with one person over their well established policies and principles...they have lost their way. The hatred for trump is rising dramatically, especially after January 6th. If the Democrats wants to continue in their obsession, it will be their loss.

FIXED IT FOR YA....Leftist sheep

The Republican Parrty has sold their principles down the river and is now a cult built around 1 person. The hatred by Republicans has grown over the years. It started with Obama and has only grown under Trump. What happened January 6th should make any American sick. You had American citizens launch a terrorist attack. These people were chanting to hang Mike Pence. There were also several people with plastic ties which brings up the possibility they might have been out to take hostages.
Of course they were out for hostages. trump knew what was going to happen. Future investigations will prove his involvement. If these crazies had been successful, the future of the country would have been in doubt. There could have been hostage taking and killings. All this was happening right there on our TVs while trump gleefully watched in his WH cave. It took hours for reinforcement to get to the Capitol....WHY? trump could have picked up the phone and called in more police or guards. He didn't do it. He had to be brow beaten into putting out a statement...where is applauded the mob and told them that he "loved" them....Now he says he was shocked and surprised. Junior bragged about the incident before it happened. I hope all this comes out in the Senate trial.

Thanks Jim. It was kind of like the “Trump Bowl” I’ll bet as he watched his insurrectionist weekend warriors lay seige on our democracy.
Took about 3 hours for his “go home I love you” hostage statement.
Wonder if they had chips, dips, n wings? :rolleyes-41:
Snowflake

And he is SO right ... Many Trump supporters have abandoned their religion for politics.

Trumpsters are not conservatives and certainly not liberals. They are people that favor authoritarian rule who believe the answer does not lie in a party or in a democratic elected government but in a single strong leader. This is why they are quick to accept the claim that democratic elections are rigged. Like Trump, they think might is right. They praise the strong and abhor the weak.

Right? If only they knew strongmen tend to be the weakest of the weak. We’ve seen it throughout history.
Putin may be an exception to the rule. That’s why Donald wanted to emulate Pooty ..
Well, that and other reasons ;)

The mainstream media accepts Maxine Waters's denial that she encouraged violence against Republicans. Perhaps she is right. However, President Trump's speech on January 6, 2021, was even less inflammatory. The media is quick to blame President Trump yet no one in the media suggests that Waters's statements are in any way responsible for the violence that occurred by Antifa and BLM.

No, I do not hate the millions of Trump supporters just as don't hate the millions of Germans in the 30's who fell for the greatest conman of that day.

No, I do not hate the millions of Trump supporters just as don't hate the millions of Germans in the 30's who fell for the greatest conman of that day.

I don't know you so I will take you at your word that you don't hate Trump supporters. However, a lot of Dems do hate Trump supporters.

At this point,

Im not making excuses for the media. I've said anybody that claims that Trump was calling Nazis fine people is not being honest. I am pointing out the fault in how Trump handled the situation. He didn't need to call Nazis fine people, what he did was extremely poor leadership and antagonistic which is his nature. He wanted controversy IMO. Its all a troll game to him and we the people suffer as a result.

What he did was great leadership.

This country is NOT facing a resurgence of nazis. It is facing a long standing fringe survival of nazis AND a violent uprising of leftist mobs.

That his leadership was sabotaged by a media allied with the violent far left, is not on Trump, it is on the media.

His nature might be antagonistic, but on that day, he rose above it, and handled it very well. He was clear, explicit and right on the money.

It is troll game TO THE MEDIA. Trump, imo, wanted to do a good job as President, for whatever personal reasons, and on that day he did the best any President could do.

It would have been EASY, to give the violent left a pass and join in on bashing the nazis.

BUT, that would have given a victory to the real threat, and empowered the violent LEFT.

As it was, they got the victory anyways, thanks to their allied, the media.

And we see the result. Years of political violence in the streets.

There are many valid criticisms to make about Trump, (as with any person). On every policy issue, there are legitimate grounds for reasonable disagreement.

BUT, if you cannot give him credit for his response to Charlottesville, you are not being reasonable.

Hitler ran on the promise of wars of conquest and genocide, ie "living room".

Trump ran on jobs, trade, immigration and disentanglement.

That you see no distinction there, says a lot more about you, than it does about Trump.

Good post, but you're underselling this.

Trump was kicking the shit out of the Communist Chinese. This is why the Nazi democrats pulled the whole "Joe Biden is taking bribes, IMPEACH TRUMP" bullshit. The democrats have run interference for the ChiComs the entire Trump presidency. Even the Wuhan Designer Virus®(designed and manufactured in Communist China, Inc.) was released to thwart actions against Chinese unfair trade. The democrats, and over half of Republicans, are corrupt to the bone and in the pocket of the CCP. Beijing Bia-Degn has lifted the Trump tariffs, restoring China to a predatory partner. Most of the shit the Nazis pulled during the Trump presidency was to support China against America.

Good post, but you're underselling this.

Trump was kicking the shit out of the Communist Chinese. This is why the Nazi democrats pulled the whole "Joe Biden is taking bribes, IMPEACH TRUMP" bullshit. The democrats have run interference for the ChiComs the entire Trump presidency. Even the Wuhan Designer Virus®(designed and manufactured in Communist China, Inc.) was released to thwart actions against Chinese unfair trade. The democrats, and over half of Republicans, are corrupt to the bone and in the pocket of the CCP. Beijing Bia-Degn has lifted the Trump tariffs, restoring China to a predatory partner. Most of the shit the Nazis pulled during the Trump presidency was to support China against America.

From what I saw, Trump was negotiating in good faith, which was likely to be a waster of time with the communists chinese.

They were stalling, hoping he lost and things would go back to normal, ie them fucking the shit out of US.

There is a slim chance that if TRump won, they would have gotten serious about negotiating.

If we ever get in power again, we need to just skip the talking and go to massive tariffs or complete shutdown of trade.

Trumpsters are not conservatives and certainly not liberals.

You Nazis are certainly not liberals.

They are people that favor authoritarian rule who believe the answer does not lie in a party or in a democratic elected government but in a single strong leader. This is why they are quick to accept the claim that democratic elections are rigged. Like Trump, they think might is right. They praise the strong and abhor the weak.

Quite the opposite. We value individual liberty, where you Nazis serve your Reich and are divided into groups, gay, black, invertebrate, and of course the hated whites who are the designated scapegoat.

Election fraud is a tradition with democrats. All sides know that democrats will cheat in every election and have since Tammany Hall. The irregularities of this election though, go FAR beyond the normal election fraud that the Nazi democrats engage in. We had state supreme courts openly rigging the election by violating the U.S. Constitution and altering voting time frames. What the Nazi democrats did here is right out of a banana republic.

Now you are a Nazi party, so you must silence dissent, violently if needed. Much of that was done through 10 month of non-stop violence by your Brown Shirts out on Kristalnacht. You've killed 4o and raped 19 - but don't worry - no charges have been or will be filed against soldiers of the Reich.

Those engaged in the 1/6 Reichstag Fire on the other hand will be crucified. When your troops shot two Los Angeles Sheriff's deputies in Long Beach in September, the Brown Shirts and the BLM Klan marched behind medics shouting "We Hope they Die," which they did. Your troops blocked the entrance to the hospital to deny treatment - meaning every Brown Shirt and Klansman in that crowd is an accessory to murder of a police officer. But don't worry, no charges filed, the Reich is above the law. You'll not see anything about these slain officers in the Reich Press, nor about David Dorn, gunned down by Brown Shirts.

'We hope they die': Protesters gather outside of hospital where two deputies are receiving care following 'ambush' (msn.com)

One police officer died of a stroke during the Reichstag Fire, this is on the headlines of the Reich media 24/7. Anyone in the nation who voted for Trump will be severely punished for his death.

At this point,

What he did was great leadership.

This country is NOT facing a resurgence of nazis. It is facing a long standing fringe survival of nazis AND a violent uprising of leftist mobs.

That his leadership was sabotaged by a media allied with the violent far left, is not on Trump, it is on the media.

His nature might be antagonistic, but on that day, he rose above it, and handled it very well. He was clear, explicit and right on the money.

It is troll game TO THE MEDIA. Trump, imo, wanted to do a good job as President, for whatever personal reasons, and on that day he did the best any President could do.

It would have been EASY, to give the violent left a pass and join in on bashing the nazis.

BUT, that would have given a victory to the real threat, and empowered the violent LEFT.

As it was, they got the victory anyways, thanks to their allied, the media.

And we see the result. Years of political violence in the streets.

There are many valid criticisms to make about Trump, (as with any person). On every policy issue, there are legitimate grounds for reasonable disagreement.

BUT, if you cannot give him credit for his response to Charlottesville, you are not being reasonable.
The pretzels y’all twist yourselves into trying to make excuses for this turd amazes me. We had literal Nazis with torches, one of whom drove a car through a crowd a killed a girl but you’d rather talk about the evil left mob. How is anybody supposed to take you seriously?!

Do you minions of the Democrat Reich ever post anything aside from pure bullshit? We accepted the claim that elections were rigged because the evidence is abundant, NAZI.

Forum List

Back