Benghazi: Most people..just dont care! Give it up already.

What did you care more about this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Were they told to sit still and apologize(yes, I made that up) while Bush was was sitting in the situation room drinking coffee? NO

Those NEVER came up as issues.

Funny that.

Because they were handled differently. You are comparing apples and oranges. Its like you all keep coming up with excuses as to why its no big deal. To make yourselves feel better. It still does NOT change the fact

:lol:

Oh man.

Those NEVER came up as issues.

Funny that.

Because they were handled differently. You are comparing apples and oranges. Its like you all keep coming up with excuses as to why its no big deal. To make yourselves feel better. It still does NOT change the fact

:lol:

Oh man.

Hmm... just the first two listed on CNN site.

U.S. Consulate in Istanbul Is Attacked

U.S. Consulate in Istanbul Is Attacked

By Ellen Knickmeyer
Washington Post Foreign Service
Thursday, July 10, 2008

Turkey bolstered security at U.S. diplomatic installations across the country Wednesday after men armed with a pump-action shotgun and pistols shot and killed three Turkish policemen outside the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul, officials said.

Turkish police killed three gunmen in a five-minute gun battle that ensued. Turkish Interior Minister Besir Atalay said authorities were looking for a fourth man, who had driven the others to the consulate and might have been wounded as he drove away from the scene.

The attack was "an obvious act of terrorism," U.S. Ambassador Ross Wilson said at the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey's capital...

Attack on U.S. Embassy in Athens - TIME

...Charles Reis, the U.S. ambassador, said the embassy neither suspected nor had been warned of a pending attack. "We can't speculate who's behind this," Reis told reporters. "Still, [we] treat it as a very serious attack. There can be no justification for such a senseless act of violence." ...

Benghazi. Maybe Im off, but it just seems that most people just DONT CARE!

The far right is trying desperately to push this as the downfall of Obama.

I dont know what really did or didn't happen, or even the latest updates. Why? Because I honestly...like most Americans...just dont give a shit that much about it. We shouldn't be in those shitholes anyway.

I can honestly say I care more about what happens this weekend in college football than what happened in Benghazi. Fox has even termed it "Benghazi-Gate".

Give it up. It aint stickin'.
I think the more accurate statement would be most Obama supporters don't care and the media which also falls under the category of Obama supporters did not care until the sex angle came into play the rest of care about why the ambassador was hung out dry security wise.

Maybe the way it was stated is a little insensitive but he's right. People aren't interested and even worse, they aren't asigning blame. You all should let it run it's course because Americans really don't like the way Repubs just hate the president and personally attack him and his family.

I am rather surprised that Obama didn't blame it on Bush.

I could be wrong, but I think he meant most people, as in, most Americans.

It doesn't really matter if you are right or wrong, does it?

Frankly, you guys have yet to show me why I should care.

The only thing you guys have proven is that information on this came out in a confused way. There really isn't some deep scandal here.

Why should you care? Well I will admit it is not because four people were killed and it is definitely not because of the bullshit the right wing is spouting. It is because of who the four people who were kill were. They were the best of our best. Whoever killed them went through our defenses, and by all creditable analysis I have heard would have gone through just about any defense we might have put there, with a precision of our own special ops teams. Their intelligence was impeccable. They left without a single member captured or confirmed killed. They killed with impunity. I would state that whoever attacked us was the most advanced threat we have faced to date. Whoever they are have killed our best and will kill again wherever they want, whenever they want, and whoever they want. You should care because you should care about saving the lives of our people.

Some truth there. I voted in the poll that I thought more about Benghazi than about my dog etc., which is true, but Obama haters are trying to blame the President much more than they are trying to blame the people who actually did the evil deed. I wouldn't say the death of human beings is "irrelevant" but certainly not as exciting as Obama haters would like to make it out to be.

You mean like the left still blames Bush and the government for 9/11? At least in this case Obama had a chance to make actionable decisions. In this case Obama's administration told us a pack of lies for weeks. Which may or may not have resulted in protest in other countries. There is more to this then just trying to get the President. People died and Obama lied.....why?

9/11 investigation took place a year later.

And wound up redacted and putting "equal" blame on the Clinton administration.

Where were the investigations on the 2002 Pakistan Consulate Attack?
Where were the investigations on the 2004 Uzbekistan Consulate Attack?
Where were the investigations on the 2004 Saudi Arabia Consulate Attack?
Where were the investigations on the 2006 Syrian Embassy Attack?
Where were the investigations on the 2008 Yemen Embassy Attack?

Actually..

Where were the investigations into all these?

Attacks on U.S. embassies, other sites over the years - CNN

We were engaged in two wars and only a fool didn't know who was behind those attacks. Only a fool wouldn't know who was behind the Benghazi attack since we are still at war in Afghanistan and only a fool doesn't know that 9/11 is a special day that the jihadists execute attacks when and where they are detect weakness.

It doesn't really matter if you are right or wrong, does it?

The only thing you guys have proven is that information on this came out in a confused way. There really isn't some deep scandal here.

Why should you care? Well I will admit it is not because four people were killed and it is definitely not because of the bullshit the right wing is spouting. It is because of who the four people who were kill were. They were the best of our best. Whoever killed them went through our defenses, and by all creditable analysis I have heard would have gone through just about any defense we might have put there, with a precision of our own special ops teams. Their intelligence was impeccable. They left without a single member captured or confirmed killed. They killed with impunity. I would state that whoever attacked us was the most advanced threat we have faced to date. Whoever they are have killed our best and will kill again wherever they want, whenever they want, and whoever they want. You should care because you should care about saving the lives of our people.

I can't tell if you truly are ignorant or just hoping this will sell.

There were repeated warnings over months, that there were terrorists operating in Benghazi. Notes were found from both Smith and Stevens recording requests for amassing mobs throughout the day. If the terrorists killed with impunity, why just the four? 7 hours of firefight, nearly continuous from British group that was in the area, contradicting the two prong fight Panetta tried to sell in the 'official timeline,' which has since needed some updating.

Why would the administration cause this problem for themselves, attempting to cover up what happened? It didn't fit the story that al Quaeda was in disarray and terrorism wasn't a 'big' problem any longer. Then there was the election looming. So after the election we get Petraeus leaving, 'obsessed' FBI agent, two crazy bimbos...

McGurn: Petraeus vs. Petraeus - WSJ.com

Of course they are hoping it sells. Anything to try and back up the administrations claims.

You will notice the minute that fuck in the WH is criticized they start talking about Bush, Iraq, 9-11 and anything else they can throw out there.

Their handling of Benghazi was a major fuck up. They had warnings about the need for additional security. Those warning were ignored. We have a dead Ambassador and three men fought a seven hour gun battle for their lives waiting for help that didn't come. Of course nothing interferred with Barry and his trip to Vegas and that fundraiser.

What a guy.

Last edited:
A live feed was available...so did President Obama choose NOT to watch the battle? Did he go back to bed while those Americans were fighting for their lives?

Funny how we got all those dramatic pictures of Barry and his minions watching the Osama bin Laden raid but none of them watching the Benghazi attacks.
Funny how your RW A$$ keeps SPECULATING!

I asked for EVIDENCE batch....you either have it or you don't.

So do you!?!?! Cough it up!

Since when do you clowns need evidence.....Hey Marc, who said she could see Russia from her back yard?
So you admit you have nothing? Please don't bring Sawwah Pawin into this. She's history.

Since when do you clowns need evidence.....Hey Marc, who said she could see Russia from her back yard?
So you admit you have nothing? Please don't bring Sawwah Pawin into this. She's history.

Nobody brought Sarah Palin into this. Tina Fey was the one who made up this BS.

Last edited:

Nobody brought Sarah Palin into this. Tina Fey was the one who made up the BS.

Change of Subject: Did Sarah Palin really say you can see Russia from Alaska?

so your Fox News told you she didn't really say it - and so you believed it. True - those weren't her exact words. But her exact words were pretty close to it and pretty stupid.

Last edited:

No Marc, I've just, with a simple question, revealed how little importance you place on details when it comes to the character assassination of enemies by the democrats. Your answer, especially being online with access to Google, shows just exactly what a hack, political parrot you are. Thanks for playing, we're done........What is truly amazing is that if you would have spent a minute to Google it, you would have been able to watch it on YouTube........ pathetic.

Last edited:

I can't tell if you truly are ignorant or just hoping this will sell.

There were repeated warnings over months, that there were terrorists operating in Benghazi. Notes were found from both Smith and Stevens recording requests for amassing mobs throughout the day. If the terrorists killed with impunity, why just the four? 7 hours of firefight, nearly continuous from British group that was in the area, contradicting the two prong fight Panetta tried to sell in the 'official timeline,' which has since needed some updating.

Why would the administration cause this problem for themselves, attempting to cover up what happened? It didn't fit the story that al Quaeda was in disarray and terrorism wasn't a 'big' problem any longer. Then there was the election looming. So after the election we get Petraeus leaving, 'obsessed' FBI agent, two crazy bimbos...

McGurn: Petraeus vs. Petraeus - WSJ.com

I was reading that ridiculous article wondering which sentence I should use to demonstrate how contrived that reference is. The last paragraph will do nicely:
"
It's a baffling sequence of events and evasions—one that makes sense only in a place where the No. 1 priority is not so much securing American lives in danger but sustaining the political narrative.
"
That article makes sense only in a place where facts are not a priority but blaming Obama is. Another nice piece of work by the completely non bias WSJ.

Although this article is dated last Friday I don't think there has been any progress made on the topic.
What is Ansar al Sharia, and was it behind the consulate attack in Benghazi? - CNN.com
So in other words there was a group capable of this attack completely off our radar out there before the attack, they pulled off the attack and took no credit for it, and are still completely off our radar. Well I don't know about you but I sure sleep better at night. IN MY BUNKER!

Nobody brought Sarah Palin into this. Tina Fey was the one who made up the BS.

Change of Subject: Did Sarah Palin really say you can see Russia from Alaska?

so your Fox News told you she didn't really say it - and so you believed it. True - those weren't her exact words. But her exact words were pretty close to it and pretty stupid.

Snopes and I used Slate and the New York Times to point out your ignorance.

Henceforth, invocations of Sarah Palin frequently employed the line "I can see Russia from my house," rather than the words she actually spoke, "You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

As to the question of whether one can actually see Russia from Alaska, Governor Palin was correct: such a view is possible from more than one place in Alaska. A Slate article on the topic noted that:

In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other.

Also, a 1988 New York Times article reported that:

To the Russian mainland from St. Lawrence Island, a bleak ice-bound expanse the size of Long Island out in the middle of the Bering Sea, the distance is 37 miles. From high ground there or from the Air Force facility at Tin City atop Cape Prince of Wales, the westernmost edge of mainland North America, on a clear day you can see Siberia with the naked eye.

Read more at snopes.com: I Can See Alaska from My House

Last edited:
What was stupid was that she claimed that gave her foreign policy expertise. When someone moons me, I can see their arse - that doesn't make me a protologist now does it?

Stupid woman.

Nominate her and you might as well just HAND the White House to Hillary Clinton.
PLEASE tell me you got better.

Whoa geeze. It was Tina Fey on SNL.

Not Palin. But you keep running with this bullshit.

No Marc, I've just, with a simple question, revealed how little importance you place on details when it comes to the character assassination of enemies by the democrats. Your answer, especially being online with access to Google, shows just exactly what a hack, political parrot you are. Thanks for playing, we're done........What is truly amazing is that if you would have spent a minute to Google it, you would have been able to watch it on YouTube........ pathetic.
Actually, no my very wrong and very angry friend, you have revealed nothing. Except that the criticism Sawwah Pawin got was legit. Here's the clip...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube[/ame]

She ACTUALLY said..."you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska." when asked what insight does her proximity to Russia give her.

It was ridiculous.

Keep in mind, for something to be seen as funny, it has to be based on something that's true. SNL's funniest political skit/s have arguably been the one/s about Sarah Palin.

There's a reason for that.

What was stupid was that she claimed that gave her foreign policy expertise. When someone moons me, I can see their arse - that doesn't make me a protologist now does it?

Stupid woman.

Nominate her and you might as well just HAND the White House to Hillary Clinton.

I proved that you are rather stupid, now show me a quote where Sarah Palin claimed that seeing Russia from land in Alaska gave her foreign policy experience. Here is your chance to get even since I may well be wrong.

Actually, no my very wrong and very angry friend, you have revealed nothing. Except that the criticism Sawwah Pawin got was legit. Here's the clip...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube[/ame]

She ACTUALLY said..."you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska." when asked what insight does her proximity to Russia give her.

It was ridiculous.

Keep in mind, for something to be seen as funny, it has to be based on something that's true. SNL's funniest political skit/s have arguably been the one/s about Sarah Palin.

There's a reason for that.

So she stupidly said because one can see Russia from the state she was governor of, that gives her foreign policy "credentials."

Nothing to argue about there. Now that we've got THAT settled, can we get back to the stupid things the far right is saying about Benghazi?

Stupid woman.

I proved that you are rather stupid, now show me a quote where Sarah Palin claimed that seeing Russia from land in Alaska gave her foreign policy experience. Here is your chance to get even since I may well be wrong.

ooops - you be burned. Look up.
Don't worry - it happens a lot to people who only watch Fox News.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back