Benghazi: Why Don't More Americans Care?

You didn't read the link your libbie bud provided, did you?

I responded to what you posted.

And didn't want to do a simple google search. So let me rephrase. Read the link in the post right before the one you asked by your liberal bud and you shall see...

I would think by now you would know by name who was ready to board the C-130 going to Benghazi, why they were going, and why they were told not to, never mind.

Obama covering it up proves that it's a non issue that shouldn't be investigated. Wow, Nixon would have liked you being a Republican in the 70s...

What was covered up?
Here are two big ones:

Why did Obama, Hillary, Rice and other administration officials lie and say the attack was spontaneous?

Why was help not sent to the consulate for many hours after they requested it?

From half a world away, I'm not sure how anyone could be sure that the attack was planned as opposed to spontaneous. But that doesn't qualify as a coverup. Frankly, I think there has been some doubt as to exactly who was responsible for the attack until fairly recently.

Why was help not sent to the diplomatic mission for many hours? Hell, even George W. Bush couldn't get federal aid to New Orleans for four days after hurricane Katrina hit the city. Most Americans could have made it there in a couple of days driving by car. So, could it be that help didn't get to Benghazi for a few hours because help was many hours away, and even the Libyan gov't wasn't in complete control of the country? Regardless, not getting aid immediately to Benghazi doesn't qualify as a coverup.

Last edited:
The public is conditioned not to care about government malfeasance. Many feel helpless; most people don't bother to vote because they know, on some level, that the marketing geeks who have taken over the electoral process decide elections, not them.

Obama and his merry band of thieves told a bare-faced lie to the American people. It was there for everyone to see. It was downright amateruish and easily debunked. Does anyone believe the White House was not informed immediately when the US Embassy was attacked?

Instead of expressing outrage, the press happily perpetuated the lie and now yammers on about talking points and obfuscates the issue with discussion on how the crisis was managed.

The press wil continue to cover for Obama while pretending mild disapproval because it was involved in the lie. Can anyone believe that an experienced reporter on national politics couldn't see through that bullshit?

Obama's political opposition, many of whom are no better than the president when it comes their relationship with the truth, will continue to hammer at Obama on any issue they find handy.

It will be left to a few to continue to dig for the truth. The rumors we hear about staged prisoner exchanges and gun-running into Syria ring true, but anyone who investigates them in the press will be a pariah and anyone who demands a congressional investigation will be labeled a nutcase. The White House still controls the information flow in the mainstream press and those fat idiots aren't about to risk their phoney-baloney jobs by actually doing them.

The American public is uninformed by the press and misinformed by the government.

Sooner or later, someone who was involved will develop enough courage to inform a secondary press outlet about what really happened in Benghazi and the staged cover-up afterwards. Look for some retired military men to come forward. I expect they can only stomach so much.

I responded to what you posted.

And didn't want to do a simple google search. So let me rephrase. Read the link in the post right before the one you asked by your liberal bud and you shall see...

I would think by now you would know by name who was ready to board the C-130 going to Benghazi, why they were going, and why they were told not to, never mind.

You thought that when I keep saying it's a minor point in the whole thing? Read my posts, sparky. And read the one before your question for your answer...

What was covered up?
Here are two big ones:

Why did Obama, Hillary, Rice and other administration officials lie and say the attack was spontaneous?

Why was help not sent to the consulate for many hours after they requested it?

From half a world away, I'm not sure how anyone could be sure that the attack was planned as opposed to spontaneous. But that doesn't qualify as a coverup. Frankly, I think there has been some doubt as to exactly who was responsible for the attack until fairly recently.

So while retired armchair military generals on TV were all saying it was obviously planned, the elite military in the White House with the actual intelligence didn't know what was happening for a day, no idea. Got it. In other words, you're saying baa...

Why was help not sent to the diplomatic mission for many hours? Hell, even George W. Bush couldn't get federal aid to New Orleans for four days after hurricane Katrina hit the city. Most Americans could have made it there in a couple of days driving by car. So, could it be that help didn't get to Benghazi for a few hours because help was many hours away, and even the Libyan gov't wasn't in complete control of the country? Regardless, not getting aid immediately to Benghazi doesn't qualify as a coverup.

Deflection and false analogies aside, your hypocrisy over your standards for W versus the big O are shallow and obvious. I generally post over a few consecutive days every few months. Then I get back to work. I can't do it all the time, but if when I'm here I don't participate in discussions for a while I don't get much out of it.

I'm telling you that because it makes even more glaring the flagrant hypocrisy and flaming double standards you liberals have as I remember you making every point completely opposite when W was President. The only question is if you know you're doing that and you're liars and hypocrites or if you really are that dumb that you don't remember and can't make the connection. Frankly, I'm not sure which it is. So, which is it? Do you know you're a hypocrite, or are you a moron?

Last edited:
When I was a union official I always told those who complained about defending those who they didn't think deserved defending that by defending them they defend themselves.

So be it with the drone program. 4 Americans killed by the word of the CIA and the Obama administration. One of which was a very INNOCENT 16 year old who was targeted. I really have to wonder why Americans don't give a crap. Is it because they don't want to appear racist against Obama? Is it just that they don't care about brown skinned people which would seem to be counter intuitive.

To me it is sad. If Bush did the same thing as Obama has done then hold them to the same standard. It ain't right targeting people in Ally countries it is especially not right to target Americans without a shred or pretense of due process.

Forum List

Back