🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Berkeley approves free pot for low income residents

That's what will motivate these lazy people to find work. Get stoned everyday! I think this is part of the problem to begin with.

How is it your problem if people choose not to "work"? There are numerous homeless, unemployed Tibetian Monks elsewhere in the world who must be far happier than you are.
Im paying to support the dead beats. This is America. Stop making excuses for being a bum.

By ABC News Could Medical Marijuana Laws Cut Painkiller Deaths - ABC News

Aug 25, 2014 5:19pm
By Dr. Jamie Zimmerman

States that have legalized medical marijuana may be reaping an unintended benefit from easing up on restrictions: They appear to have nearly 25 percent fewer deaths from overdoses involving prescription painkillers, a new study found.

The study, published today in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, comes at a time when the United States finds itself in the throes of a growing painkiller abuse crisis. About 100 Americans die every day from narcotic painkiller overdose, according to statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The researchers behind the new study suggest that because legalizing medical marijuana makes it more available to chronic pain patients, it provides a potentially less lethal alternative to pain control on a long-term basis.

unintended consequences sometimes are good, it seems?

Or people could follow the prescription dosage. If they are in that much pain they need more than pot. The trade off is more boneheads laying around. But I didn't see any evidence, just speculation.

Or people could follow the prescription dosage. If they are in that much pain they need more than pot. The trade off is more boneheads laying around. But I didn't see any evidence, just speculation.
If these low income people are receiving only opiates now, to relieve their pain...that incapacitates them even more than the medical marijuana, and the article doctors said that mixing medical marijuana WITH the opiates helps relieve the pain and REDUCES their opiate use, and chance of overdose....so that does indicate that medical marijuana alone, would not relieve the severe pain of patients, as you mentioned, but the combination would.

OK. I'm not reading this thread for the simple reason that I'm just going to drop off the actual facts and then not hang around for the really fun "ass whooping" certain to come my way.

HISTORICALLY, POT GROWERS have tried to maximize the content of THC in their plants. The more THC a plant contains, the higher you get. But with the advent of medicinal marijuana and the piecemeal process of decriminalization, growers are cultivating strains that contain a different compound:cannabidiol, or, since no one can pronounce that word, CBD.

CBD has always been in your weed, but in very small amounts. It's purported to alleviate all of the same medical ailments that THC does, including pain, nausea, muscle spasms, and so on. (Some studies indicate CBD has additional medical benefits as well, including treatment of psoriasis and the possible inhibition of cancer growth—but take that with all the grains of salt you can find.)

The trick is that CBD contains far fewer psychoactive elements than THC. This means it doesn't get you high. This high-less weed is a huge breakthrough for the medical-marijuana community, which has been battling the stigma that's surrounded weed for decades. But now there are strains—offered by medicinal-marijuana caregivers—that are much, much higher in CBD content than ever before, allowing nervous Aunt Gracie to treat her MS without getting totally blunted in the process.

There you have it, folks - medical marijuana doesn't make you high like the street drug.

Can it? Yes, but so can oregano if you smoke enough of it.

Now, that being said, drugs for the poor are ALWAYS made available to certain low-income people.
Threads like this are a hoot! How are these people liberals? Conservatives DON'T smoke pot, EVER!!! They don't have ANYTHING to do with the medical profession and they simply WILL NOT HELP THE POOR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

Oh, for the love of crack!!!

That's what will motivate these lazy people to find work. Get stoned everyday! I think this is part of the problem to begin with.

How is it your problem if people choose not to "work"? There are numerous homeless, unemployed Tibetian Monks elsewhere in the world who must be far happier than you are.
Im paying to support the dead beats. This is America. Stop making excuses for being a bum.

^^^^ The nutty uninformed poster.

images

Minimum wage increase + free health insurance + free pot.

The list keeps getting longer and longer.

I don't advocate free health insurance. I advocate free medical and dental care. If it's free ya don't need insurance. :)

Can't say I advocate free pot so much as advocate less hypocrisy. But if it mellows people out so much the better. Don't see a problem there.

And still longer and longer

Next up - free cars

I swear to fucking god I honestly believe modern day American liberals are by far the single worst thing this country has ever had to deal with.
These people are absolutely fucking insane. I realize this is Berkeley, ground zero of liberal devastation, but it's bad enough that liberals have trained Americans for years to live off of taxpayers, but now these liberals want the taxpayer to pay to get other people stoned.
Oh sure, they'll claim it's for "medical" reasons, but lets be honest, medical Marijuana was introduced as a backdoor way to set the wheels in motion for full legalization.
Anyway, this isn't intended as a debate thread, it's just intended to demonstrate the foolishness and utter wackiness of the American liberal.

"Free Pot for Poor and Homeless Begins in August"

If this were free beer you wouldn't be saying shit so shut up.

Fuck you, I sure the hell would. It's absurd taxpayers should have to pay for other people to smoke pot, and I would feel exactly the same way about booze, so you stfu.

Don't you love people in our society who believe anything can ever really be "free"? Free for you means some bureaucrat is rifling my wallet. That's what "free" means.

Don't you love people in our society who believe anything can ever really be "free"? Free for you means some bureaucrat is rifling my wallet. That's what "free" means.

It's amazing to me there are so many people now that are okay with this kind of tax payer robbery.
Yeah they'll talk about the medical benefits, but these people just want to get high, and they have no problem with other people having to pay for it.

Berkeley, California, medical marijuana dispensaries will be required to donate 2 percent of their product to residents earning less than $32,000 a year for an individual and $46,000 for a family of four.

Cause it's not coming out of our taxes maybe?

If these low income people are receiving only opiates now, to relieve their pain...that incapacitates them even more than the medical marijuana, and the article doctors said that mixing medical marijuana WITH the opiates helps relieve the pain and REDUCES their opiate use, and chance of overdose....so that does indicate that medical marijuana alone, would not relieve the severe pain of patients, as you mentioned, but the combination would.

How much do you get ? Do you take the meds or just guess on each persons reactions to certain changes in chemical reactions ..
I can tell you from personal experience the MJ works better than opiates....

How much do you get ? Do you take the meds or just guess on each persons reactions to certain changes in chemical reactions ..
I can tell you from personal experience the MJ works better than opiates....
Then that is even better! The less of opiates, is good.....from what I read.

Uhm yeah. Modern medicine can't match the pain killing powers of pot. LOL, that's why the stuff isn't mainstream and probably never will be, it fries your brain.

Uhm yeah. Modern medicine can't match the pain killing powers of pot. LOL, that's why the stuff isn't mainstream and probably never will be, it fries your brain.
But so do opiates, no? Or is it your kidneys that get fried? I'm not a doctor...So I don't know?

But so do opiates, no? Or is it your kidneys that get fried? I'm not a doctor...So I don't know?
Opium and pot are the only pain killers available? Do you go to a witch doctor? It's all a scam, pot has limited pain relief powers.

Opium and pot are the only pain killers available? Do you go to a witch doctor? It's all a scam, pot has limited pain relief powers.
Research definitely needs to be done to determine that imo...and no, I don't see a witch Doctor or regular doctor but once a year...I take no medication for anything...and I am counting my blessings!

Forum List

Back