🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Berkeley approves free pot for low income residents

I swear to fucking god I honestly believe modern day American liberals are by far the single worst thing this country has ever had to deal with.
These people are absolutely fucking insane. I realize this is Berkeley, ground zero of liberal devastation, but it's bad enough that liberals have trained Americans for years to live off of taxpayers, but now these liberals want the taxpayer to pay to get other people stoned.
Oh sure, they'll claim it's for "medical" reasons, but lets be honest, medical Marijuana was introduced as a backdoor way to set the wheels in motion for full legalization.
Anyway, this isn't intended as a debate thread, it's just intended to demonstrate the foolishness and utter wackiness of the American liberal.

"Free Pot for Poor and Homeless Begins in August"

inShare

In an effort to ensure low-income and homeless residents have access to the same medical care as others, beginning next August, Berkeley, California, medical marijuana dispensaries will be required to donate 2 percent of their product to residents earning less than $32,000 a year for an individual and $46,000 for a family of four.

Berkeley’s City Council unanimously approved the measure this summer in order to provide poor people the opportunity to marijuana that sells for up to $400 an ounce, according to The New York Times.

The quality of the free pot must be the same as what’s sold in the dispensary, NBC Bay Area reported.

“It’s sort of a cruel thing that when you are really ill and you do have a serious illness ... it can be hard to work, it can be hard to maintain a job and when that happens, your finances suffer and then you can’t buy the medicine you need,” said Sean Luce of the Berkeley Patients Group.

Marijuana is used to treat a variety of maladies, such as pain, insomnia, low appetite, nausea, weight loss and muscle spasms. But since it is still illegal under federal law, health insurance doesn't cover cannabis.

Not everyone thinks offering free pot to low-income residents is a good idea.

“Instead of taking steps to help the most economically vulnerable residents get out of that state, the city has said, ‘Let’s just get everybody high,’ ” John Lovell, a lobbyist for the California Narcotic Officers’ Association, told the Times.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Free Pot for Poor and Homeless Begins in August
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

All of which is why
nearly 30% of the state's schoolchildren are either illegal immigrants or do not speak English.

[Governor Jerry] Brown, who recently said that illegal immigrants from Mexico were "all welcome in California," praised his administration's immigration policies. He said that California is "setting the pace" on immigration laws and mentioned bills he signed that gave driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, made California a sanctuary state (Trust Act), and granted in-state tuition to illegal immigrants (CA DREAM Act). Brown then said that these policies were necessary because "about 30%" of schoolchildren in California are "either undocumented or don't speak English."

Gov. Jerry Brown Nearly 30 of CA Kids Illegal or Don t Speak English

That's what will motivate these lazy people to find work. Get stoned everyday! I think this is part of the problem to begin with.
As long as the government makes it so easy to never work with extremely generous welfare handouts, there will be many millions of very lazy people content to never do anything.

I can see the sense in drugging them -- maybe cut the food stamps and Medicaid and some of the other luxuries and let them lay around stoned.

Im paying to support the dead beats. This is America. Stop making excuses for being a bum.

Yeah this is America. The land of the free. Free to do whatever they want to do. Not be forced against their will to do something YOU want them to do.

All of which is why
nearly 30% of the state's schoolchildren are either illegal immigrants or do not speak English.

[Governor Jerry] Brown, who recently said that illegal immigrants from Mexico were "all welcome in California," praised his administration's immigration policies. He said that California is "setting the pace" on immigration laws and mentioned bills he signed that gave driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, made California a sanctuary state (Trust Act), and granted in-state tuition to illegal immigrants (CA DREAM Act). Brown then said that these policies were necessary because "about 30%" of schoolchildren in California are "either undocumented or don't speak English."

Gov. Jerry Brown Nearly 30 of CA Kids Illegal or Don t Speak English

Yeah usually when people immigrate from a different country and with a different language, they usually aren't fluent in the language. Especially kids who are still developing and learning things.

Im paying to support the dead beats. This is America. Stop making excuses for being a bum.

Yeah this is America. The land of the free. Free to do whatever they want to do. Not be forced against their will to do something YOU want them to do.
Like get a fucking job and grow up , is that what you mean?

unintended consequences sometimes are good, it seems?
Or people could follow the prescription dosage. If they are in that much pain they need more than pot. The trade off is more boneheads laying around. But I didn't see any evidence, just speculation.

NEW STUDY Smoking Pot Can Make You Lazy Men s Health

NEW STUDY: Smoking Pot Can Make You Lazy
By Dennis Watkins, July 08, 2013

Bad news for the half-baked: Marijuana can cause changes in brain chemistry that sap your energy, according to a British study.

Researchers used a positron emission tomography (PET) scanner to compare the production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter involved with reward and motivation, in people who smoked weed at least three times a week along with people who had puffed no more than 10 times in their life. The scans revealed that habitual pot users produced less dopamine compared with non-smokers. The more they smoked—measured in how many days they said it took to burn through a standard one-eighth ounce—the lower their dopamine levels.

Of course, it won't help.

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

It also exhibits the hypocrisy of you and others on the right, where conservative dogma dictates that states and local jurisdictions should be free to make their own laws and policies reflecting the will of the local population, yet here you condemn a local jurisdiction for doing just that.

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

It also exhibits the hypocrisy of you and others on the right, where conservative dogma dictates that states and local jurisdictions should be free to make their own laws and policies reflecting the will of the local population, yet here you condemn a local jurisdiction for doing just that.

A minimum of common sense is a requirement though.

unintended consequences sometimes are good, it seems?
Or people could follow the prescription dosage. If they are in that much pain they need more than pot. The trade off is more boneheads laying around. But I didn't see any evidence, just speculation.
If these low income people are receiving only opiates now, to relieve their pain...that incapacitates them even more than the medical marijuana, and the article doctors said that mixing medical marijuana WITH the opiates helps relieve the pain and REDUCES their opiate use, and chance of overdose....so that does indicate that medical marijuana alone, would not relieve the severe pain of patients, as you mentioned, but the combination would.

Pain killers are like speed to me....

Minimum wage increase + free health insurance + free pot.

The list keeps getting longer and longer.

I don't advocate free health insurance. I advocate free medical and dental care. If it's free ya don't need insurance. :)

Can't say I advocate free pot so much as advocate less hypocrisy. But if it mellows people out so much the better. Don't see a problem there.

"mellows them out" from what....a day of shoplifting and panhandling? Since reefer shrinks your nuts at least they won't be knocking up the prog cows....most of them are queers anyway but it never hurts to be on the safe side.:finger3:

Minimum wage increase + free health insurance + free pot.

The list keeps getting longer and longer.

I don't advocate free health insurance. I advocate free medical and dental care. If it's free ya don't need insurance. :)

Can't say I advocate free pot so much as advocate less hypocrisy. But if it mellows people out so much the better. Don't see a problem there.

"mellows them out" from what....a day of shoplifting and panhandling? Since reefer shrinks your nuts at least they won't be knocking up the prog cows....most of them are queers anyway but it never hurts to be on the safe side.:finger3:
i smoked for 30 years.....i bet you could not get my balls in your mouth.....

Forum List

Back