Berkeley protest organizers say lawbreaking was justified to shut down milo

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Some of them aren't even trying to pretend they are for free speech.

Berkeley Riot Organizers Say Lawbreaking Was Justified to Shut Down Milo's 1st Amendment Rights

Asked what would be so wrong about allowing Yiannopoulos to speak before the 500 people who bought tickets, the middle school teacher answered, "This isn't a matter of violent versus peaceful protests." She added, "I was there, and there were thousands of people out there who were united. It was a mass protest, it was a militant protest, and everyone was there to shut him down. And so -- whatever it was going to take to do that, we were all there with a united cause, and we were stunningly successful."

"A few broken windows is nothing compared to the lives that are at stake," she said. "And if that's what it takes to make sure that more people don't get targeted, if that's what it takes to make sure that Milo Yiannopoulos or another white supremacist is not welcome or allowed to come to UC Berkeley and attack our community, then good. Let's make sure that doesn't happen again in the future."

Excuse me folks-----I have read stuff saying that "MILO" is a white supremacist but cannot find anything HE said that so defines him-----ANYONE?

Forum List

Back