Bernie Sanders, Advocate For African Americans, Can't Name 1 Bill He Passed That Benefits Minotities

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) seems to think he's such a huge advocate for African Americans and the civil rights movement. There's just one problem with his assessment: he's been in Congress for more than three decades and he can't name one piece of legislation that has passed that benefits minorities. But don't worry. He supported Jesse Jackson when he ran for president in 1988, so, naturally, that means he's fought for civil rights in America."

"So, I think I have a long history in civil rights activism. In 1988 I was one of the few white public officials who supported Jesse Jackson for President of the United States and he ended up winning Vermont," Sanders told Charlamagne Tha God during an interview on The Breakfast Club. "I think if you look at my record, in terms of civil rights and other areas, you will find it is consistently a very, very strong work."

Like Obama, Sanders gave 'lip service' to minorities but really did not do one thing for them while claiming to be their 'Advocates' / 'Champions'.

:p

....by that standard, I am more of an 'Advocate' and 'Champion' of African Americans / Minorities than Bernie. :p

Facepalm: Bernie Can't Name One Piece of Passed Legislation That Helps African Americans

"Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) seems to think he's such a huge advocate for African Americans and the civil rights movement. There's just one problem with his assessment: he's been in Congress for more than three decades and he can't name one piece of legislation that has passed that benefits minorities. But don't worry. He supported Jesse Jackson when he ran for president in 1988, so, naturally, that means he's fought for civil rights in America."

"So, I think I have a long history in civil rights activism. In 1988 I was one of the few white public officials who supported Jesse Jackson for President of the United States and he ended up winning Vermont," Sanders told Charlamagne Tha God during an interview on The Breakfast Club. "I think if you look at my record, in terms of civil rights and other areas, you will find it is consistently a very, very strong work."

Like Obama, Sanders gave 'lip service' to minorities but really did not do one thing for them while claiming to be their 'Advocates' / 'Champions'.

:p

....by that standard, I am more of an 'Advocate' and 'Champion' of African Americans / Minorities than Bernie. :p

Facepalm: Bernie Can't Name One Piece of Passed Legislation That Helps African Americans

Why would one pass legislation that "benefits minorities"?

Aren't "all men created equal"?

Is there legislation that "benefits white Americans"? Or yellow Americans? Or orange Americans?

I guess getting arrested for chaining himself to black people during segregation protests isn't proof enough that he wants to help.

Forum List

Back