Bernie Sanders: Felons Should Be Able To Vote While In Prison

Each house of Congress makes its own rules for what its members can and can't do, but the rights of other citizens are decided differently. We need to know: does Sanders have pen pals in prison?

Stay on topic.
I am on topic: Congress makes its own rules for its members and these rules have nothing to do with what other citizens have rights to.

But seriously, why is Sanders chasing the prison vote?
Chasing the prison vote? Give me a fucking break! He is advocating for the rights of American. Prisoners, regardless of what they have done, are still Americans. Oh, and remember , they are disproportionately people of color - which goes a long way in explain the rights aversion to allowing them to vote.
If prisoners were predominantly Republicans, no Democrat would be insisting they be allowed to vote.
You don't, and can't know that.
Uh huh.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia
Wrong, they shouldn't.
Why not? What compelling interest is there to deny them a constitutional right to vote?

State law
That's a circumstance, not a compelling interest.
Guess you'll have to ask each and every state, other than Vermont and Maine, why they decided to prevent prisoners from voting.

Because it's State law preventing it, not Federal.

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia
Wrong, they shouldn't.
Why not? What compelling interest is there to deny them a constitutional right to vote?

State law
Guess you'll have to ask each and every state, other than Vermont and Maine, why they decided to prevent prisoners from voting.

Voting is a constitutional right. Why should I ask states if they should be allowed to violate the Constitution?

Wrong, they shouldn't.

State law

Voting is a constitutional right. Why should I ask states if they should be allowed to violate the Constitution?
But they're not. The 15th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, and 26th Amendments say who cannot be prevented from voting. Beyond that, the 10th Amendment reserves the rights not delegated to the FedGov to the States or the People.

The people of the States, through their elected representatives, have decided that other people not mentioned in the above Amendments may not vote.

The Constitution is working exactly as designed.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison
I don't think that anti Semitic bigots should be allowed to vote or in any way be allowed to participate in civilized society.
Then you agree Ilhan Omar should be removed from the house. :113:
No I don't I don't believe that she is anti Semitic because she spoke against Israeli influence in our government. Learn the difference between anti Semitism and being critical of Israel

It’s the same thing. LOL. Israel is the only mostly Jewish state and they aren’t criticizing roads and mountains they are criticizing the people...Jews. Jews like me. You hate me? That’s fine. At least have the balls to say it and don’t hide like a bitch behind “I dont like Zionists not Jews”.
Look you fucking idiot. I am not a Jew but have a Jewish heritage. I have relatives who died in the Holocaust so shut the fuck up right now! . I don't hate you or any Jews and in fact have an affinity to the Jewish culture. That does not mean that I must endorse the Israeli persecution of the Palestinians. I am not hiding behind anything.

Persecution? You need to educate yourself. You sound stupid. Par for the course for you.

I don't think that anti Semitic bigots should be allowed to vote or in any way be allowed to participate in civilized society.
Then you agree Ilhan Omar should be removed from the house. :113:
No I don't I don't believe that she is anti Semitic because she spoke against Israeli influence in our government. Learn the difference between anti Semitism and being critical of Israel

It’s the same thing. LOL. Israel is the only mostly Jewish state and they aren’t criticizing roads and mountains they are criticizing the people...Jews. Jews like me. You hate me? That’s fine. At least have the balls to say it and don’t hide like a bitch behind “I dont like Zionists not Jews”.
Look you fucking idiot. I am not a Jew but have a Jewish heritage. I have relatives who died in the Holocaust so shut the fuck up right now! . I don't hate you or any Jews and in fact have an affinity to the Jewish culture. That does not mean that I must endorse the Israeli persecution of the Palestinians. I am not hiding behind anything.
But you can be playing both sides of the coin for your advantage.

He is an uneducated coward. Waste of life and space. He thinks Jewish people persecute Muslims? What a dolt.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-01-at-11.39.19-AM.png

Forum List

Back