Bernie Sanders: Felons Should Be Able To Vote While In Prison

If a member of Congress can vote on legislation from a jail cell, why can't a citizen vote on legislators from a jail cell?
Each house of Congress makes its own rules for what its members can and can't do, but the rights of other citizens are decided differently. We need to know: does Sanders have pen pals in prison?

Stay on topic.
I am on topic: Congress makes its own rules for its members and these rules have nothing to do with what other citizens have rights to.

But seriously, why is Sanders chasing the prison vote?
Chasing the prison vote? Give me a fucking break! He is advocating for the rights of American. Prisoners, regardless of what they have done, are still Americans. Oh, and remember , they are disproportionately people of color - which goes a long way in explain the rights aversion to allowing them to vote.
If prisoners were predominantly Republicans, no Democrat would be insisting they be allowed to vote.
You don't, and can't know that.

they already can vote when in jail in Maine....

And all states allowed prisoners to vote until after the civil war.

We never changed our laws in Maine, (Vermont didn't either) like the other states that wanted to take the vote away from primarily black people when they were given the right to vote after the civil war.... jails/prisons disproportionately have more black men than white men.... white folks did not want all those blacks, voting in prison...

I read a history article on it a while back....

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison
I don't think that anti Semitic bigots should be allowed to vote or in any way be allowed to participate in civilized society.
Then you agree Ilhan Omar should be removed from the house. :113:
No I don't I don't believe that she is anti Semitic because she spoke against Israeli influence in our government. Learn the difference between anti Semitism and being critical of Israel

It’s the same thing. LOL. Israel is the only mostly Jewish state and they aren’t criticizing roads and mountains they are criticizing the people...Jews. Jews like me. You hate me? That’s fine. At least have the balls to say it and don’t hide like a bitch behind “I dont like Zionists not Jews”.

We want to abolish the EC so that every vote actually counts and that the will of the people is reflected in the outcome.

NO

the will of a few states and cities will decide the presidency.

NOT the will of the people.

States don't vote in a popular election. Individuals do.

I take it that you, and some of the other fools on this board, believe the voters of Los Angeles County have more right to decide the presidency that the voters of N Dakota, S Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana. Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska combined?

Repeating your nonsense doesn't make it less nonsense. In a popular election, locations do not vote. Individuals vote. Period. Where people live has zero to do with it.

Reread what I wrote.

" the voters of Los Angeles County have more right to decide the presidency that the voters of N Dakota, S Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana. Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska combined"

Do you consider it fair, that an urban area that has more voters than the voters of 8 or more states has more of a right to determine what happens to those states?

Why not just let California and New York take turns appointing the president, and say the hell with the rest of the country?
I would be good with that. It's where all of the smart people live. Throw in the rest of new England maybe.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

I don't think that anti Semitic bigots should be allowed to vote or in any way be allowed to participate in civilized society.
No I don't I don't believe that she is anti Semitic because she spoke against Israeli influence in our government. Learn the difference between anti Semitism and being critical of Israel

It’s the same thing. LOL. Israel is the only mostly Jewish state and they aren’t criticizing roads and mountains they are criticizing the people...Jews. Jews like me. You hate me? That’s fine. At least have the balls to say it and don’t hide like a bitch behind “I dont like Zionists not Jews”.
Look you fucking idiot. I am not a Jew but have a Jewish heritage. I have relatives who died in the Holocaust so shut the fuck up right now! . I don't hate you or any Jews and in fact have an affinity to the Jewish culture. That does not mean that I must endorse the Israeli persecution of the Palestinians. I am not hiding behind anything.

NO

I take it that you, and some of the other fools on this board, believe the voters of Los Angeles County have more right to decide the presidency that the voters of N Dakota, S Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana. Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska combined?

Repeating your nonsense doesn't make it less nonsense. In a popular election, locations do not vote. Individuals vote. Period. Where people live has zero to do with it.

Reread what I wrote.

" the voters of Los Angeles County have more right to decide the presidency that the voters of N Dakota, S Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana. Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska combined"

Do you consider it fair, that an urban area that has more voters than the voters of 8 or more states has more of a right to determine what happens to those states?

Why not just let California and New York take turns appointing the president, and say the hell with the rest of the country?
I would be good with that. It's where all of the smart people live. Throw in the rest of new England maybe.

It's where all of the smart people live.

Really?

Does that mean you're from somewhere else?

When one county in California

EERRRRR!! Wrong answer.

Unless you plan to show us all a county ordinance that requires people of the county to vote for particular candidates, you are just repeating a like. Locations do not vote in a popular election. That only happens in the electoral college.

Last edited:

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia

and it's a state issue, not a national one.

Oddly enough, only 2 states allow incarcerated prisoners to vote.

Maine, and Vermont.

It is now, it doesn't have to be. A federal law can be passed. It should be part of a larger enfranchisement bill that would include automatic registration.
Demoncraps would love that as much as they like illegals voting. Happens when they have nothing good to vote for them. Idiots all

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Wrong, they shouldn't.
Why not? What compelling interest is there to deny them a constitutional right to vote?

When one county in California

EERRRRR!! Wrong answer.

Unless you plan to show us all a county ordinance that requires people of the county to vote for particular candidates, you are just repeating a like. Locations do not vote in a popular election. That only happens in the electoral college.

Do you just spew, of do you actually look things up?

"HILLARY CLINTON DEM 2,464,364 72.03
DONALD J TRUMP REP, AI 769,743 22.50"
PRESIDENT

Now, look at the 8 states I named on this list, and see how many it takes to reach that number.

2016 United States presidential election - Wikipedia

Wrong, they shouldn't.
Why not? What compelling interest is there to deny them a constitutional right to vote?

State law

and it's a state issue, not a national one.

Oddly enough, only 2 states allow incarcerated prisoners to vote.

Maine, and Vermont.

It is now, it doesn't have to be. A federal law can be passed. It should be part of a larger enfranchisement bill that would include automatic registration.
Demoncraps would love that as much as they like illegals voting. Happens when they have nothing good to vote for them. Idiots all
It WAS LEGAL for prisoners to vote until after the Civil War.

During our founder's times as Presidents, all prisoners could vote if they met the age and land ownership etc requirements that may have existed.

This was changed after the Civil War, in all States but 2, mine being one of them, and Vermont being the other State who did not CHANGE their laws, on allowing prisoners to vote.... yes, Bernie's State.

Wrong, they shouldn't.

State law
That's a circumstance, not a compelling interest.

Look you fucking idiot. I am not a Jew but have a Jewish heritage. I have relatives who died in the Holocaust so shut the fuck up right now! . I don't hate you or any Jews and in fact have an affinity to the Jewish culture. That does not mean that I must endorse the Israeli persecution of the Palestinians. I am not hiding behind anything.
But you can be playing both sides of the coin for your advantage.

We want to abolish the EC so that every vote actually counts and that the will of the people is reflected in the outcome.

NO

Reread what I wrote.

That's exactly what everyone who wants to abolish the EC wants.

Of course you don't. And her support of Muslim terrorists doesn't mean she hates Jews.

Suuuuuuure.

Forum List

Back