Bernie Sanders: Felons Should Be Able To Vote While In Prison

If a member of Congress can vote on legislation from a jail cell, why can't a citizen vote on legislators from a jail cell?
Each house of Congress makes its own rules for what its members can and can't do, but the rights of other citizens are decided differently. We need to know: does Sanders have pen pals in prison?

Stay on topic.
I am on topic: Congress makes its own rules for its members and these rules have nothing to do with what other citizens have rights to.

But seriously, why is Sanders chasing the prison vote?

The Democrats are trying to game the system to ensure one Party Democrat rule by:

1. Allowing Illegal Aliens into the country to vote Democrat.
2. Abolish the Electoral College so a few cities rule the country.
3. Allow Felons, and prisoners to vote.
4. Promising free everything and buying the votes of the lazy.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia
Excellent point!! Charles Manson was going to get married to some woman on the outside and they were going to have to allow it. The woman apparently came to her senses and it didn't happen.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia
Excellent point!! Charles Manson was going to get married to some woman on the outside and they were going to have to allow it. The woman apparently came to her senses and it didn't happen.

I saw several weddings while I worked as a prison guard.

no issue with it.

Last edited:
Abolish the Electoral College so a few cities rule the country.
We want to abolish the EC so that every vote actually counts and that the will of the people is reflected in the outcome.

NO

the will of a few states and cities will decide the presidency.

NOT the will of the people.

States don't vote in a popular election. Individuals do.
Individual citizens of that state.

If a member of Congress can vote on legislation from a jail cell, why can't a citizen vote on legislators from a jail cell?
Each house of Congress makes its own rules for what its members can and can't do, but the rights of other citizens are decided differently. We need to know: does Sanders have pen pals in prison?

Stay on topic.
I am on topic: Congress makes its own rules for its members and these rules have nothing to do with what other citizens have rights to.

But seriously, why is Sanders chasing the prison vote?
Chasing the prison vote? Give me a fucking break! He is advocating for the rights of American. Prisoners, regardless of what they have done, are still Americans. Oh, and remember , they are disproportionately people of color - which goes a long way in explain the rights aversion to allowing them to vote.

Forum List

Back