Bernie Sanders: Felons Should Be Able To Vote While In Prison

If a member of Congress can vote on legislation from a jail cell, why can't a citizen vote on legislators from a jail cell?
Each house of Congress makes its own rules for what its members can and can't do, but the rights of other citizens are decided differently. We need to know: does Sanders have pen pals in prison?

Stay on topic.
I am on topic: Congress makes its own rules for its members and these rules have nothing to do with what other citizens have rights to.

But seriously, why is Sanders chasing the prison vote?
Chasing the prison vote? Give me a fucking break! He is advocating for the rights of American. Prisoners, regardless of what they have done, are still Americans. Oh, and remember , they are disproportionately people of color - which goes a long way in explain the rights aversion to allowing them to vote.
If prisoners were predominantly Republicans, no Democrat would be insisting they be allowed to vote.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia
The mentally ill should be permitted to own firearms too. They have a fundamental right to self-defense.
Now that’s moronic.

Oops, wrong thread.

what is moronic is thinking that it is okay to allow prisoners to vote. There is a reason we call it punishment.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

The mentally ill should be permitted to own firearms too. They have a fundamental right to self-defense.
Now that’s moronic.
Democrats failed to find anything on Trump and they are hell bent on finding something to charge him with.

That is politics and that means when you demand a branch of government provide you with privacy information on an individual, even the President of the United States, with no purpose but a political one, then you are weaponizing a part of the government.

In this case, they are going to weaponize the IRS in order to dig up something, anything, on Trump and they, are going to do it without a semblance of a legally defined probable cause.

THAT is a gross abuse of power.
Do you even realize none of that has anything whatsoever to do with what I posted?

:cuckoo:

If a member of Congress can vote on legislation from a jail cell, why can't a citizen vote on legislators from a jail cell?
Each house of Congress makes its own rules for what its members can and can't do, but the rights of other citizens are decided differently. We need to know: does Sanders have pen pals in prison?

Stay on topic.
I am on topic: Congress makes its own rules for its members and these rules have nothing to do with what other citizens have rights to.

But seriously, why is Sanders chasing the prison vote?
Chasing the prison vote? Give me a fucking break! He is advocating for the rights of American. Prisoners, regardless of what they have done, are still Americans. Oh, and remember , they are disproportionately people of color - which goes a long way in explain the rights aversion to allowing them to vote.
Citizenship has its responsibilities. One of them is not being a common criminal and a piece of shit in general.

A couple of republican billionaires who buy and sell politicians were convicted of stealing oil over a period of several years. Link below. They didn't go to jail of course, just paid a fine. This didn't stop almost every low life republican presidential candidate in 2016 from lining up to kiss their asses and beg for recognition. Most of you republicans are a hoot pretending there's any honor among yourselves. Your one and only god is money.

Koch And Native-American Reservation Oil Theft | OurFuture.org by People's Action

Last edited:
I agree with Sanders. The right to vote is a cornerstone of our Democratic Republic, and all citizens should be able to vote regardless of their current circumstances.

Abolish the Electoral College so a few cities rule the country.
We want to abolish the EC so that every vote actually counts and that the will of the people is reflected in the outcome.

NO

the will of a few states and cities will decide the presidency.

NOT the will of the people.

States don't vote in a popular election. Individuals do.

I take it that you, and some of the other fools on this board, believe the voters of Los Angeles County have more right to decide the presidency that the voters of N Dakota, S Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana. Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska combined?

Repeating your nonsense doesn't make it less nonsense. In a popular election, locations do not vote. Individuals vote. Period. Where people live has zero to do with it.

Reread what I wrote.

" the voters of Los Angeles County have more right to decide the presidency that the voters of N Dakota, S Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana. Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska combined"

Do you consider it fair, that an urban area that has more voters than the voters of 8 or more states has more of a right to determine what happens to those states?

Why not just let California and New York take turns appointing the president, and say the hell with the rest of the country?

Liberals can’t sell their ideas to the legal American Voter which is why they are trying to change the rules so they can appeal to 16 year olds, illegals, and felons. The sad part is, even if they are successful, they will still rely on cigarettes, booze, and candy to get them to vote.

Thanks to the mentally ill Trump, they can.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ended-rule-block-mentally-ill-guns/story?id=53113891

Hilarious.

He prevented cubicle monkeys at Social Security from deciding who was mentally ill.

Get over it

Sure.

A voters grass roots campaign to add a ballot initiative outlawing prisons! :auiqs.jpg:

Do you consider it fair, that an urban area that has more voters

ERRRR! Wrong answer.

A popular election has NOTHING to do with locations. The electoral college relies on locations. A popular vote does not.

and a 'popular' election is decided in large states, and large cities.

which is why we have the Electoral College.

So the COUNTRY can decide, and not just a couple of high population areas.

I don't think that anti Semitic bigots should be allowed to vote or in any way be allowed to participate in civilized society.
Then you agree Ilhan Omar should be removed from the house. :113:
No I don't I don't believe that she is anti Semitic because she spoke against Israeli influence in our government. Learn the difference between anti Semitism and being critical of Israel

Forum List

Back