bernie sanders got mad

Ironically, you lefties make excuses and let them out of jail. We didn't want Tookie Williams to escape justice (death penalty) you guys did. We didn't want lee malvo to go free, you guys did.

Ah, yes, the good ol' "righties" who just love to lock people up.... highest prison population in the world in Louisiana, must work, there are lots of blacks in prison, and that's the reason to have it, clearly it's not to reduce crime.

That's how you reduce crime, lock the criminals up. It's not our fault we have so many prisoners. We have a lot of Democrats here.

Yeah, right, hence why Louisiana with the HIGHEST prison population has the lowest crime? Right?

960px-US_Adult_Incarceration_Rate_by_State.svg.png

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

Murder rate per state

1) Louisiana (has the highest prison population)
2) Mississippi, well, that's in the second highest category 1200-1399

You what? You have the two highest murder rates in some of the states with the highest incarceration rates and you're telling me locking people up stops crime. Are you kidding me?

There are a lot of blacks in those states. Blacks are Democrats. Blacks well surpass whites in crime particularly violent crime. So what's your solution, letting them commit these crimes and continue walking those streets?

So, is it that locking people up reduces crime, or is it getting rid of blacks that reduces crime now?

Wow, all blacks are Democrats. You're talking complete shit here.

You could use your brain and realize that incarceration rates are HIGHEST in the state with the HIGHEST murder rate, so you get shown that one crappy argument is crappy, so you turn and make a different crappy argument to cover up the fact that your previous argument was so fucking shit it was embarrassing.

Get real Ray.

Well, I have no idea what you said, but I'll respond to what I think you meant.

Most blacks are Democrat. Need proof of that, just request it and I will provide.

Yes, incarceration rates are the highest in the states with most murders. Why are you confused with that statistic? I don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

Funny thing, the most Presidents of all time were the Episcopalians, of which I was originally indoctrinated into as a child, but who I do not affiliate with... is the religion of the white and rich.

Almost all U.S. presidents, including Trump, have been Christians

Trump is not a Christian. He might have been born Christian, that doesn't mean he practices in any way, unless of course he pretends to make religious people feel happy about knowing they elected a Godless person.

He's Christian enough he has the full support of Billy Graham.

So, he's not Christian at all then?

He's just not Muslim.

I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion out of what I just said. Trump is Christian enough that he has the full support of Billy Graham. In fact Trump spoke at Liberty University's commencement ceremony where Graham is the President of the university.

So, Trump sucks up to Billy Graham because Trump was told that if he sucks up to Billy Graham and other Christians, there might be a lot of votes in it. That's religion?

Many people use religion as a way to network, but we can only assume his motivations. He says he is a Christian, that's what he identifies as.

Ah, yes, the good ol' "righties" who just love to lock people up.... highest prison population in the world in Louisiana, must work, there are lots of blacks in prison, and that's the reason to have it, clearly it's not to reduce crime.

That's how you reduce crime, lock the criminals up. It's not our fault we have so many prisoners. We have a lot of Democrats here.

Yeah, right, hence why Louisiana with the HIGHEST prison population has the lowest crime? Right?

Murder rate per state

You what? You have the two highest murder rates in some of the states with the highest incarceration rates and you're telling me locking people up stops crime. Are you kidding me?

There are a lot of blacks in those states. Blacks are Democrats. Blacks well surpass whites in crime particularly violent crime. So what's your solution, letting them commit these crimes and continue walking those streets?

So, is it that locking people up reduces crime, or is it getting rid of blacks that reduces crime now?

You could use your brain and realize that incarceration rates are HIGHEST in the state with the HIGHEST murder rate, so you get shown that one crappy argument is crappy, so you turn and make a different crappy argument to cover up the fact that your previous argument was so fucking shit it was embarrassing.

Get real Ray.

Most blacks are Democrat. Need proof of that, just request it and I will provide.

Yes, incarceration rates are the highest in the states with most murders. Why are you confused with that statistic? I don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

Incarceration rates are highest in poor states with low employment opportunities.

Murder rate per state

Get real Ray.

Incarceration rates are highest in poor states with low employment opportunities.

And your point is????

If you have a state with more murders, more violent crimes, more robberies, of course you're going to have higher incarceration rate. And what low employment opportunities do you speak of? Do you have any evidence of that? Because if you do, send those people our way. The transportation industry is begging people to work that they can't find. In fact, they are bringing in foreigners to do the jobs that American's don't want. Some are not only willing to train you for the job, but they will pay you while you learn.

Murder rate per state

Get real Ray.

And your point is????

If you have a state with more murders, more violent crimes, more robberies, of course you're going to have higher incarceration rate. And what low employment opportunities do you speak of? Do you have any evidence of that? Because if you do, send those people our way. The transportation industry is begging people to work that they can't find. In fact, they are bringing in foreigners to do the jobs that American's don't want. Some are not only willing to train you for the job, but they will pay you while you learn.

My point is, you are not looking at the ROOT cause. States with the poorest population and that have the most unemployment are the ones with the most incarcerated. That's a FACT.

If you want to solve the crime problem, you give people a way to make money legally. You also don't do any good looking up non-violent offenders... why? Because you then are spending more money to keep them in jail, and you are just making it harder for them to live a normal crime free life, not to mention it often times leaves kids without a mother or father, and creates a cycle of crime.

You need to do more research on this subject other than just thinking with a vindictive mind. If you are starving and you have kids starving at home, and there are no jobs to get, you don't have enough money to move and relocate somewhere else... what are YOU going to do to feed your family?

Get real Ray.

And your point is????

My point is, you are not looking at the ROOT cause. States with the poorest population and that have the most unemployment are the ones with the most incarcerated. That's a FACT.

If you want to solve the crime problem, you give people a way to make money legally. You also don't do any good looking up non-violent offenders... why? Because you then are spending more money to keep them in jail, and you are just making it harder for them to live a normal crime free life, not to mention it often times leaves kids without a mother or father, and creates a cycle of crime.

You need to do more research on this subject other than just thinking with a vindictive mind. If you are starving and you have kids starving at home, and there are no jobs to get, you don't have enough money to move and relocate somewhere else... what are YOU going to do to feed your family?

Nobody is starving in our country. If you are in a room with 16 other people, 14 of them are paying for the food of the other 2.

I just explained to you that there are ways to make money. Join the transportation industry. Get the training you need to do the job. I did! I don't need government to provide my needs. Why do others?

And who are these non-violent offenders you speak of? Drug sales are very violent. My cousin just buried her 28 year old son a year and a half ago because of drugs. That's not violent enough for you?

Murder rate per state

Get real Ray.

Well, are you saying that blacks are inherently democrats? Are you saying that black are inherently more prone to crime? What is it that you are saying?

The point you are trying to make is that locking people up works. Which if this were the case, then Louisiana would have lower murder rates because it locks more people up. But no, even though it has the highest incarceration rate in the WORLD, it still has a really high murder rate.

Now, you're thinking more murders equals more incarceration. Sure. But then you're also saying that by having lots of people locked up, therefore there would be a reduction in the amount of crime and murders. But there isn't. They lock them up and there appear to be others who just carry on. So.... the issue here is why does a place like Louisiana have high crime rates even though it locks lots of people up?

You then claim it's because of black people. Great. Which would mean that all black countries would have high crime rates, and yet they don't. So... what?

Get real Ray.

And your point is????

Nobody is starving in our country. If you are in a room with 16 other people, 14 of them are paying for the food of the other 2.

I just explained to you that there are ways to make money. Join the transportation industry. Get the training you need to do the job. I did! I don't need government to provide my needs. Why do others?

And who are these non-violent offenders you speak of? Drug sales are very violent. My cousin just buried her 28 year old son a year and a half ago because of drugs. That's not violent enough for you?

You are severely misinformed on this subject. Seriously, go do some research instead of just throwing out your opinion as fact...

I'm sorry your cousin lost her son, but it was HIS choice to start doing drugs.

Trump is not a Christian. He might have been born Christian, that doesn't mean he practices in any way, unless of course he pretends to make religious people feel happy about knowing they elected a Godless person.

He's just not Muslim.

I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion out of what I just said. Trump is Christian enough that he has the full support of Billy Graham. In fact Trump spoke at Liberty University's commencement ceremony where Graham is the President of the university.

So, Trump sucks up to Billy Graham because Trump was told that if he sucks up to Billy Graham and other Christians, there might be a lot of votes in it. That's religion?

Many people use religion as a way to network, but we can only assume his motivations. He says he is a Christian, that's what he identifies as.

He says he's a Christian to get the Christian vote, not because he identifies as that. Come on, this is Trump, the guy will say anything.

He meets a guy "oh, he's great, he's doing a fantastic job", like every time, then he'll turn around and be like "you're fired, fuck off", or he'll do it the other way. "China is a currency manipulator, it's stealing our jobs" then talks to Xi and is like "he's a great guy".

He'll say ANYTHING and you KNOW IT.

He's just not Muslim.

He says he's a Christian to get the Christian vote, not because he identifies as that. Come on, this is Trump, the guy will say anything.

He meets a guy "oh, he's great, he's doing a fantastic job", like every time, then he'll turn around and be like "you're fired, fuck off", or he'll do it the other way. "China is a currency manipulator, it's stealing our jobs" then talks to Xi and is like "he's a great guy".

I know the guy is a liar, but I can't judge what is in his heart without personally knowing him.

because a Christian said muslims and others who do not know christ(aka non Christians ) are not gonna make it to heaven....

Is this guy really a senator?
does he really not have a clue in christianity?
does he think people go to church just to hear the choir?

The thread title maybe should be ' Bernie Sanders went mad.'

Would he get mad if a Muslim said that those who don't fight for allah won't get the 82 virgins? And I really hope all those virgins look like Janet Reno.

He's just not Muslim.

I know the guy is a liar, but I can't judge what is in his heart without personally knowing him.

Maybe not.

But then again look at his actions.

Trump and the Bible | HuffPost

Trump asked his favorite Bible verse:

" “I wouldn’t want to get into it. Because to me, that’s very personal.... The Bible means a lot to me, but I don’t want to get into specifics.”"

Every man and his dog knows this means "I can't quote the Bible at all".

"And when asked if he prefers the Old or New Testament, Trump responded, “Probably equal. I think it’s just incredible.”"

And again, this means "I have no freaking clue".

When asked about the Bible he manages to come up with one thing, the rest is just nonsense fillers.

"There’s so many things that you can learn from it. Proverbs, the chapter ‘never bend to envy.’ I’ve had that thing all of my life where people are bending to envy. Actually it’s an incredible book, so many things you can learn from the Bible and you can lead your life. I’m not just talking in terms of religion; I’m talking in terms of leading a life even beyond religion. There are so many brilliant things in the Bible.

The Bible, is special, the Bible — the more you see it, the more you read it, the more incredible it is. I don’t like to use this analogy, but like a great movie, a great, incredible movie. You’ll see it once it will be good. You’ll see it again. You can see it 20 times and every time you’ll appreciate it more. The Bible is the most special thing."

Is Trump’s favorite Bible verse even in the Bible?

"I have read the book of Proverbs from start to finish more times than I can count, and I do not remember ever seeing the phrase “never bend to envy” in that book. But since Trump may be referring to a different translation than the ones I have used, I decided to see if perhaps the phrase appears in some other version. I did a search of 21 different English translations of the Bible:"

"The phrase appears in no translation of Proverbs that I can find. But the phrase isn’t just absent from Proverbs. “Never bend to envy” appears nowhere in the Bible in any of those major English translations."

Yep, the only part of the Bible that Trump could actually talk about, isn't even there.

"
So what do we make of Trump’s claim about the book of Proverbs and “never bend to envy”? Either Trump is paraphrashing some other verse in Proverbs that mentions “envy,” or Trump is making this up as he goes along.

I’m not a betting man (because I never bend to betting). But if I were, I’d bet the latter is much more likely than the former."

Yep, even the religious think Trump is making shit up.

"On September 25, Trump brought his childhood Bible to the Values Voters Summit, showing off the hand-written dedication by his mother written in the inside flap. But that was it. He showed he owns a Bible and has kept it for sentimental reasons."

He has a Bible, apparently. Perhaps he just had someone bring on old Bible and had someone pretend to be his mother, perhaps it's just sentimentality at play. Did he every read it? Who knows, but it doesn't prove in any way he's Christian.

"I even brought my Bible — the evangelicals, ok?” Trump said as the rally opened. “We love the evangelicals and we’re polling so well. This Bible was given to me by my mother, going to Sunday school. ... So, we love the Bible. It’s the best. We love ‘The Art of the Deal,’ but the Bible is far, far superior, yes."

He's so Christian that when talking about religion, he brings up his own book.... yeah, wow.

"Jacques Berlinerblau has suggested in Thumpin’ It: The Use and Abuse of the Bible in Today’s Politics that politicians often invoke a specific Bible passage, but don’t linger on it in order to leave in place the assumption that the chosen passage lines up with their proposed policy. Additionally, politicians can invoke the Bible in generic way — simply claiming something is biblical or mentioning the Bible. Donald Trump’s practice of claiming the Bible by merely waving it might fit in the latter category, or might merit a new category all its own: the Bible as a prop."

Basically Trump is a bullshitter and with religion, he's taking people on a ride.

Maybe not.

" “I wouldn’t want to get into it. Because to me, that’s very personal.... The Bible means a lot to me, but I don’t want to get into specifics.”"

"And when asked if he prefers the Old or New Testament, Trump responded, “Probably equal. I think it’s just incredible.”"

When asked about the Bible he manages to come up with one thing, the rest is just nonsense fillers.

"There’s so many things that you can learn from it. Proverbs, the chapter ‘never bend to envy.’ I’ve had that thing all of my life where people are bending to envy. Actually it’s an incredible book, so many things you can learn from the Bible and you can lead your life. I’m not just talking in terms of religion; I’m talking in terms of leading a life even beyond religion. There are so many brilliant things in the Bible.

The Bible, is special, the Bible — the more you see it, the more you read it, the more incredible it is. I don’t like to use this analogy, but like a great movie, a great, incredible movie. You’ll see it once it will be good. You’ll see it again. You can see it 20 times and every time you’ll appreciate it more. The Bible is the most special thing."

"I have read the book of Proverbs from start to finish more times than I can count, and I do not remember ever seeing the phrase “never bend to envy” in that book. But since Trump may be referring to a different translation than the ones I have used, I decided to see if perhaps the phrase appears in some other version. I did a search of 21 different English translations of the Bible:"

"The phrase appears in no translation of Proverbs that I can find. But the phrase isn’t just absent from Proverbs. “Never bend to envy” appears nowhere in the Bible in any of those major English translations."

Yep, the only part of the Bible that Trump could actually talk about, isn't even there.

"
So what do we make of Trump’s claim about the book of Proverbs and “never bend to envy”? Either Trump is paraphrashing some other verse in Proverbs that mentions “envy,” or Trump is making this up as he goes along.

I’m not a betting man (because I never bend to betting). But if I were, I’d bet the latter is much more likely than the former."

"On September 25, Trump brought his childhood Bible to the Values Voters Summit, showing off the hand-written dedication by his mother written in the inside flap. But that was it. He showed he owns a Bible and has kept it for sentimental reasons."

He has a Bible, apparently. Perhaps he just had someone bring on old Bible and had someone pretend to be his mother, perhaps it's just sentimentality at play. Did he every read it? Who knows, but it doesn't prove in any way he's Christian.

"I even brought my Bible — the evangelicals, ok?” Trump said as the rally opened. “We love the evangelicals and we’re polling so well. This Bible was given to me by my mother, going to Sunday school. ... So, we love the Bible. It’s the best. We love ‘The Art of the Deal,’ but the Bible is far, far superior, yes."

He's so Christian that when talking about religion, he brings up his own book.... yeah, wow.

"Jacques Berlinerblau has suggested in Thumpin’ It: The Use and Abuse of the Bible in Today’s Politics that politicians often invoke a specific Bible passage, but don’t linger on it in order to leave in place the assumption that the chosen passage lines up with their proposed policy. Additionally, politicians can invoke the Bible in generic way — simply claiming something is biblical or mentioning the Bible. Donald Trump’s practice of claiming the Bible by merely waving it might fit in the latter category, or might merit a new category all its own: the Bible as a prop."

Basically Trump is a bullshitter and with religion, he's taking people on a ride.

Look I agree, but when it comes to spirituality, I can not say what he believes in without actually knowing him personally. Would you want someone to judge you that has never met you?

I'm sorry but this is one thing I think is ridiculous. I had a preacher once tell me to my face that it didn't matter if you lived a perfect life treating everyone as your brother or sister, and never sinned, unless you got baptized and professed Jesus as your savior, you couldn't get into heaven. That's a freaking crock of crap. A child molester or murderer on their death bed can profess that Jesus is their savior and still get into heaven, but a person that lives without sin couldn't... get out of here... seriously.

It's why Christianity is so popular. It makes you feel good no matter how bad you are. Perfect. I mean, who want to have to be good their whole life in order to go to heaven? That sucks, just do religion lite.

Ironically, you lefties make excuses and let them out of jail. We didn't want Tookie Williams to escape justice (death penalty) you guys did. We didn't want lee malvo to go free, you guys did.

Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Do you have a point to make about this topic?

Sure do...can't do the time, don't do the crime...sounds like a point to me.

Maybe not.

"

Look I agree, but when it comes to spirituality, I can not say what he believes in without actually knowing him personally. Would you want someone to judge you that has never met you?

No particularly, but then again I haven't chosen to be a politician. He has. He is saying he's one type of person, but comes across as fake. Surely you want to make judgement on those you vote for and those who have power over you.

It's why Christianity is so popular. It makes you feel good no matter how bad you are. Perfect. I mean, who want to have to be good their whole life in order to go to heaven? That sucks, just do religion lite.

Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Do you have a point to make about this topic?

Sure do...can't do the time, don't do the crime...sounds like a point to me.

Sounds like a point to something, but not to this topic.

Maybe not.

"

No particularly, but then again I haven't chosen to be a politician. He has. He is saying he's one type of person, but comes across as fake. Surely you want to make judgement on those you vote for and those who have power over you.

Yeah, but I'm not a good example, I don't vote for people based on their religion. I vote for people based on their positions on things that are important to me like education, the military, and other stuff.

Maybe not.

"

Yeah, but I'm not a good example, I don't vote for people based on their religion. I vote for people based on their positions on things that are important to me like education, the military, and other stuff.

Yeah, but a lot of people get taken for a ride, and no matter how much you tell them this is happening, they just carrying on being taken for a ride.

Maybe not.

"

Yeah, but a lot of people get taken for a ride, and no matter how much you tell them this is happening, they just carrying on being taken for a ride.

Well in most things I error on the side of caution, but there are still certain things I won't judge people on until I meet them and see how they actually are. Judging someone's faith isn't as easy as labeling someone like Steve_McGarrett or ShootSpeeders as racists. I don't need to meet them to know that, they admit it.

Maybe not.

"

Well in most things I error on the side of caution, but there are still certain things I won't judge people on until I meet them and see how they actually are. Judging someone's faith isn't as easy as labeling someone like Steve_McGarrett or ShootSpeeders as racists. I don't need to meet them to know that, they admit it.

But then if you judge Trump on other stuff, you'll come to the same conclusion, so why would it be different for faith?

Forum List

Back