🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bernie Sanders supporters are broke

Of course Sanders supporters are broke they're all lining up for all the free shit he's promising

He's only 2 percentage points behind Trump, with the millionaire class

View attachment 60134

The new GOP favorite of the rich: CNBC survey

Wow, look at that. hillary, supposedly the warrior of the middle class, is THE favorite candidate of the one percenters. Who knew?

The rich like free trade and immigrant labor, apparently :dunno:
Wrong.
The rich like crony capitalism and gov't bailouts. That's why they tend to be Democrats.

Romney.png

View attachment 60134

Wow, look at that. hillary, supposedly the warrior of the middle class, is THE favorite candidate of the one percenters. Who knew?

Wrong.
The rich like crony capitalism and gov't bailouts. That's why they tend to be Democrats.

View attachment 60141
Thank you, Capt Irrelevant.

View attachment 60134

Wrong.

View attachment 60141

As you can see, a majority of the wealthy vote Republican. It's a voting block they cannot win without.

Wrong.

View attachment 60141

As you can see, a majority of the wealthy vote Republican. It's a voting block they cannot win without.
You consider an income of 100,000 to be "wealthy."
LOL!!!
laughing-gif4.gif

You don't?
No.
For starters, you confuse "income" with "wealth." They arent synonyms.
Second, in a place like NYC 100k wont get you very far. Income taxes will take nearly 60% of that. Cost of living is high. If you send a kid to private school you're pretty much way down the socio economic scale.
Finally just because someone has an income of 100k one year doesnt mean much. I had an income of more than that one year and was in the top 10% of earners. But that was because I sold a building i had owned a long time and had cap gains. The next year I was in the bottom.

Wrong.

View attachment 60141

LOL!!!
laughing-gif4.gif

It's $50,000 shy of the top 5%. About 5% have $1M in assets. It's in the ballpark.

Wrong.

View attachment 60141

LOL!!!
laughing-gif4.gif

It's $50,000 shy of the top 5%. About 5% have $1M in assets. It's in the ballpark.
You consider having 1M in assets to be wealthy?
giphy.gif

LOL!!!
laughing-gif4.gif

You consider having 1M in assets to be wealthy?
giphy.gif

That's who is included in the millionaire's survey.

You don't?
No.
For starters, you confuse "income" with "wealth." They arent synonyms.
Second, in a place like NYC 100k wont get you very far. Income taxes will take nearly 60% of that. Cost of living is high. If you send a kid to private school you're pretty much way down the socio economic scale.
Finally just because someone has an income of 100k one year doesnt mean much. I had an income of more than that one year and was in the top 10% of earners. But that was because I sold a building i had owned a long time and had cap gains. The next year I was in the bottom.

I'm not confusing anything. You said "you consider and income of $00,000 to be wealthy". Nothing in there about wealth. The average American income is $52,000. $100,000 is almost twice that. And a survey down here showed that in real terms average incomes are brought UP by the earnings of the wealthy - ie , you take the uber rich's incomes out of the equation and the average income declines markedly.

Bernie Sanders Supporters: Short on Cash, Big on Time
But Tuesday was different. Tuesday was the night that Senator Bernie Sanders would, as the pundits described it, introduce himself to America at the Democratic primary debate. And nearly 250 people came out to the Dupont Circle bar to watch his turn onstage—people who’d kicked $5 and $10 occasionally to his campaign in support, but more often dedicated hours of their lives to his campaign
The rest of the Sanders supporters interviewed donated much smaller amounts—$5 here, $10 there, or however much money it took to purchase a T-shirt “so that I could show my support for him as often as possible,” said Alex Atkins, a student at the Georgetown Law Center who started a pro-Sanders club on campus. (He wore the shirt in question—bright green with a graphic rendition of Sanders’s glasses and trademark wild hair—under his corduroy blazer.)

I see this 2 ways.
1. it is fuckin ironic :rofl:
2. he is supported by common folk. I would like to think common folk would appreciate work and such more than free shit and no military.

i'm not voting for him, but where does bernie sanders ever say that people shouldn't work? or otherwise appeal to people who don't work?

big difference between noting that the system is rigged in favor of the top 1% and looking for a handout

you should probably look for a more accurate characterization.

working class incomes have been flatlined for decades. it is perfectly reasonable for people to object to that.

Sanders won't make it because he isn't rich enough. One has to be uber wealthy to have a shot. Sad fact. Big money always equates with big corruption. Always has always will.

People said that a black man didn't have a shot either.

Bernie is going after the super PACS & Citizen's United.

Sanders won't make it because he isn't rich enough. One has to be uber wealthy to have a shot. Sad fact. Big money always equates with big corruption. Always has always will.

Oh, so you're a Trump supporter? Because he's not accepting money from anybody.

LOL! You still believe that? Then why does Trump have a blue highlighted DONATE button at the top, AND a big red DONATE button on the bottom his website?

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR DONALD J. TRUMP

The RWers are giving up and resorting to Photoshops earlier than usual, I see.
Nah, trying to explain in even the simplest of terms how completely unrealistic Sanders free shit programs are fly's right over the lefts heads. Its a waste of time.

Can you explain why Trump is receiving Secret Service protection, at TAXPAYER expense before he's even a nominee? Surely he can afford his own bodyguards.

Oh that's right- it's called Corporate Welfare. & it's typical Republican hypocrisy.

Nah, trying to explain in even the simplest of terms how completely unrealistic Sanders free shit programs are fly's right over the lefts heads. Its a waste of time.

Can you explain why Trump is receiving Secret Service protection, at TAXPAYER expense before he's even a nominee? Surely he can afford his own bodyguards.

Oh that's right- it's called Corporate Welfare. & it's typical Republican hypocrisy.

You mean like SS protection CANDIDATE Obama received starting around May, 2007? That wasn't at taxpayer expense?

You mean like SS protection CANDIDATE Obama received starting around May, 2007? That wasn't at taxpayer expense?

Obama didn't ask for that protection. It was deemed necessary by the DHS. Trump, on the other hand- requested it himself (along with Ben Carson)

Why doesn't the tribblehead just have his goons (who throw out protesters exercising their freedom of speech) double as body guards?

Forum List

Back