Best film quotes

Deadstick

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2023
Lancashire England
Not sure if there is already a thread but i love some film quotes there are many i could mention, one of my favourite actors and all time vallains was Daniel Boone who had some great quotes, this one from Big Jake.

I just saw something in your eyes I don't like, I saw a foolish thought. You understand me. Anything happens, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... my little brother will blow that kid's head right off. It's as simple as that. No matter who else gets killed, that boy dies. If the shotgun misses him, it don't matter. You already know about the rifle on him. That won't be as messy as a shotgun at three feet but that boy will be just as dead. You understand me? Say it.

Not sure if there is already a thread but i love some film quotes there are many i could mention, one of my favourite actors and all time vallains was Daniel Boone who had some great quotes, this one from Big Jake.

I just saw something in your eyes I don't like, I saw a foolish thought. You understand me. Anything happens, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... my little brother will blow that kid's head right off. It's as simple as that. No matter who else gets killed, that boy dies. If the shotgun misses him, it don't matter. You already know about the rifle on him. That won't be as messy as a shotgun at three feet but that boy will be just as dead. You understand me? Say it.
Richard Boone??
My favorite is from Outlaw Josey Wales, where after shooting some bad guys and being asked by his friend, should they be buried, Josey spits tobacco on one of the dead guy's heads and says, "buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"....

Godfather II when Clemenza catches up to Young Vito on the street and asks if he looked inside the pillow case (full of guns) that he tossed to him the night before.

Vito's reply, "I'm not interested in things that don't concern me"

Brilliant way to say , "Yes I looked inside and I can keep a confidence"

that scene with richard boone and john wayne, whispering in the dark as the bull ring erupts into a chaos of dogs and machetes and lightning and fireworks is a great one. is the title of that one "bug jake?"

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"Say hay-low to my leetle friend"

Scarface got some great lines.

Some more great lines from Hombre which was a great Western.
  • Grimes : Mister, you've got alot of hard bark on you walkin' down here like this. Now, I owe you. You put two holes in me.
    John Russell : Usually enough for most of 'em.
    Grimes : Don't try it again, that Vaquero is more than a fair hand.
    Grimes : You got the money?
    John Russell : Guess I brought my dirty laundry down by mistake.
    Grimes : Let me see it.
    John Russell : Look for yourself.
    Grimes : [opens bag, pulls out a handful of clothes] Well now, what d'ya suppose hell's gonna look like?
    John Russell : We all die, just a question of when.

Well Mr. Carpetbagger, we got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride.

Endevor to persevere.

Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
or the bad guys that thought they had the drop on Josey....
"he's meaner-na rattler and twice as fast with them pistols".....

i will take the ring to mordor, though i do not know the way..."

aqragorn's speech at the gates of mordor "men of the west" is a great "call to arms."

Forum List

Back