Best US States to live in??

CA is still the most beautiful but for vacations only. Too many minorities. Guarded, gated, white neighborhoods are the best places to live.

Guarded, gated, white neighborhoods are the best places to live.

Do you earn points over on stormfront every time you post that, douche?

that chick has some severe problems.

check what she posted in a clean debate zone - you'll get the picture and it might change your desire to get involved in the "discussions"

Arkansas income and realty taxes are high, SW Missouri is lower but not in KC. Oklahoma is low on real estate and income, but they have sold off the lodges on the lakes and they are dilapidated and the cops are assholes..
Texass has no income tax but you will have sticker shock when you register a vehicle of get you DL. Not sure what the real estate taxes are like since I never owned any there. But Belize is one destination for many retiring Americans.

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at Best States to Live in the US - Rate A Place, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

My advice would be to get as far away from the northeast as possible.

Arkansas income and realty taxes are high, SW Missouri is lower but not in KC. Oklahoma is low on real estate and income, but they have sold off the lodges on the lakes and they are dilapidated and the cops are assholes..
Texass has no income tax but you will have sticker shock when you register a vehicle of get you DL. Not sure what the real estate taxes are like since I never owned any there. But Belize is one destination for many retiring Americans.

property taxes in Texas are very high. Belize is very nice, its also very hot.

:eusa_eh:

Indeed, and Belize is not a US State............

Troll.

TX Property tax is about 2%. Sales tax 8%. No income tax.

Troll.

TX Property tax is about 2%. Sales tax 8%. No income tax.

no trolling here, asshole. property taxes in Texas are high

no trolling here, asshole. property taxes in Texas are high

Yes, you are a troll. Texas has the lowest amount of taxes per capita of every state in the nation.

we are talking about property taxes, not total taxes. :eusa_liar:

No, YOU are talking about property taxes. The OP was looking for the best state in the USA to live based on liberties, vibrancy of economy, and infrastructure. Additionally a decent home in TX costs a small fraction of what a decent home costs in NY, thus the property taxes are in effect mitigated.

Why would someone prefer to live in NY where the taxes per capita are DOUBLE the taxes in Texas? The OP wants to move away from NY not to NY.

Last edited:
Yes, you are a troll. Texas has the lowest amount of taxes per capita of every state in the nation.

No, YOU are talking about property taxes. The OP was looking for the best state in the USA to live based on liberties, vibrancy of economy, and infrastructure. Additionally a decent home in TX costs a small fraction of what a decent home costs in NY, thus the property taxes are in effect mitigated.

Why would someone prefer to live in NY where the taxes per capita are DOUBLE the taxes in Texas? The OP wants to move away from NY not to NY.

Because there's more to life than taxes and money.

There's more here in TX than low cost of living and a plethora of jobs.

There's more here in TX than low cost of living and a plethora of jobs.

Don't misunderstand me, I love Texas. I live next door to Texas. But it is a fact that you have very high property taxes------obviously to offset having no income tax and low sales taxes.

I have friends in the Houston area who have a house comparable to mine and their taxes are double what mine are in La.

I am looking for an optimal mix of freedom and jobs.

Central Texas. End search.

No Thanks

Been to Central Texas

Humidity, Dust, Tornados and Crickets

Humidity? What humidity? Houston maybe but not here in central TX.

Tornadoes, are extremely rare south of Dallas. You get more tornadoes in Florida than central TX.

Dust here is most due to the "lack" of humidity, local construction (central tx stone work) and occasional droughts.

Crickets lol you got me there.

Forum List

Back