Best US States to live in??

Unkotare said:
You must have spent all day composing that gem

Nope, just posting facts...

You wouldn't know a fact if it picked you up, spiked your head through the sidewalk, and dragged your face across a busy street.

Now maybe you can stop making a fool of yourself and talk about the OP. Or, you could just STFU.

States with coastlines are the obvious best choices.

All the others are just "flyover states".

I would classify an income between 100k and 200k as middle class, particularly in California.

the avg income here is 57,000 a year....when you compare the neighborhoods of the 50-100K a year people with the 100K + a year people.....the 100K people are are somewhat more than Middle Class....

What is a "middle-class house" in California?

Alex Lazo had a nice story in the LA Times about the absence of housing supply in Southern California. One person he interviewed was frustrated because he could not find anything he wanted at $525,000. As he pointed out, he is a "middle-class" guy.

This underlines a problem with California. Even after the crash, large swaths of the state (not just Malibu) have expensive houses.

Let us think about what a middle-class household can afford. The median income for a family of four in California is about $70,000. Once upon a time (i.e., before around 2002), the "front-end" ratio for a mortgage borrower was supposed to be no more than 28 percent of gross income. The front-end ratio is the ratio of principal, interest, property taxes and insurance to gross income. If one assumes that a borrower can get a 30-year mortgage at a 3.75% rate, pays 1.1% of property value in property taxes, and an insurance premium of 0.2% per year, AND assumes that the borrower has a 20 percent down payment, a household earning $70,000 per year can afford a $250,000 house. So the value of a "middle-class" house is $250K. This is a long way from $525,000.
Richard's Real Estate and Urban Economics Blog: What is a "middle-class house" in California?

Splitting Hairs about the difference between middle class and "average income?"

You go right ahead, but the point is point being "Rich" in Cali =/= a $100K income.

well it sure as hell aint the people in the Anaheim Hills were i delivered....

I always appreciate the depth of thought reflected in your posts:

Satellite-image-of-hurricane.jpg

:eusa_clap:

Bravo!

the avg income here is 57,000 a year....when you compare the neighborhoods of the 50-100K a year people with the 100K + a year people.....the 100K people are are somewhat more than Middle Class....

Alex Lazo had a nice story in the LA Times about the absence of housing supply in Southern California. One person he interviewed was frustrated because he could not find anything he wanted at $525,000. As he pointed out, he is a "middle-class" guy.

This underlines a problem with California. Even after the crash, large swaths of the state (not just Malibu) have expensive houses.

Let us think about what a middle-class household can afford. The median income for a family of four in California is about $70,000. Once upon a time (i.e., before around 2002), the "front-end" ratio for a mortgage borrower was supposed to be no more than 28 percent of gross income. The front-end ratio is the ratio of principal, interest, property taxes and insurance to gross income. If one assumes that a borrower can get a 30-year mortgage at a 3.75% rate, pays 1.1% of property value in property taxes, and an insurance premium of 0.2% per year, AND assumes that the borrower has a 20 percent down payment, a household earning $70,000 per year can afford a $250,000 house. So the value of a "middle-class" house is $250K. This is a long way from $525,000.
Richard's Real Estate and Urban Economics Blog: What is a "middle-class house" in California?

Splitting Hairs about the difference between middle class and "average income?"

You go right ahead, but the point is point being "Rich" in Cali =/= a $100K income.

well it sure as hell aint the people in the Anaheim Hills were i delivered....

Never been there, but I'll certainly accept that there could be places within California where "middle class" could be represented with incomes of less that $100K/yr.

My point was that in the urban centers of California, where much of the population lives, it is becomming difficult for families with $70K/yr and even $100K/yr incomes to afford what is common to similar families living in most of the USA (the American middle class).

Because of this, they leave these urban centers for urban areas in more affordable states.

The RICH, however, do not need to leave because they can afford to maintain at least a comfortable lifestyle.

Bravo!

Yep, we get the occasional hurricane.

And fly overs get tornados.

Which is worse?

The fact that you have to ask the question reveals a previously unexplored dimension of depth given to your posts.

Again,

Bravo!

Bravo!

Which is worse?

The fact that you have to ask the question reveals a previously unexplored dimension of depth given to your posts.

Again,

Bravo!

The fact that you won't answer it reveals that you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Tornado:

2013-moore-tornado-damage-east.png

Hurricane:

NOTRandrew.jpg

If a tornado touches down in your county, you have maybe a 1:1000 chance of property damage. If a hurricane hits your county, you're pretty much screwed.

Which is worse?

Again,

Bravo!

The fact that you won't answer it reveals that you have no idea of what you're talking about.

No, it reveals the level of astonishment that such a ridiculous question would be asked.

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at Best States to Live in the US - Rate A Place, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

Where I wish all conservatives would move to....Europe. Good luck.

Again,

Bravo!

No, it reveals the level of astonishment that such a ridiculous question would be asked.

In terms of safety from natural disasters, I should probably look into inland mountainous areas?

Anywhere away from minorities is the best place. You don't need much police, security, welfare, disease-control, teachers for English as a 2nd language, riot police, ebonics translation, SWAT, prisons etc...
Guarded, gated, rich, white subdivisions on the ocean or lake are the most desirable.

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at Best States to Live in the US - Rate A Place, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

It's the liberals who would be more comfortable there.

Anywhere away from minorities is the best place. .

You're too stupid to even understand what you just posted. In any case fine, GTFO of my country and go find such a place. We don't need worthless shits like you in my country.

In terms of safety from natural disasters, I should probably look into inland mountainous areas?

In terms of safety from natural disasters, you could live anywhere, as long as it has an independant supply of air, water, and food and the temperature and pressure do not exceed parameters necessary to sustain human life.

Tornado:

2013-moore-tornado-damage-east.png

Hurricane:

NOTRandrew.jpg

If a tornado touches down in your county, you have maybe a 1:1000 chance of property damage. If a hurricane hits your county, you're pretty much screwed.

except hurricanes are much more rare than tornados.

nope, it is much better for the libtards to move there :lol:

what is the purpose of this thread? Is it to find another way to divide americans? race, age, sex, ethnicity, religion, and now geography?

the liberal mantra-----divide and conquer. Wake up America.

Forum List

Back