Besty DeVoss making college affordable for millionaires

I'm sorry you can't follw a conversation, why are you here again?
I am following it. Apparently you aren't. You think there's some equivalence between a corporation and a college student.
Corporations are people too my freind.

When a corporation goes bankrupt, it disappears. It no longer exists. Is that what you propose for students who take out student loans?
I'm finished with you today, remember? I cannot quiet the voices in your head. If you would like to attempt a fact based conversation at a later date and are prepared to come with data to support your emotional outbursts and partisanshithead perceptual reality, perhaps then. Go find someone else to trade your turds with.

My, my, my, you are having a royal hissy fit. What have I said that isn't a fact? Do you want college students to be treated like corporations or not?

We're done son, all you're here for is to sling shit. I realize that's all the rage these days, but it resolves nothing. Go find someone else to do this with.

Any kind of attempt at conversation with you is mute, isn't it son.

Instead of mute, I believe the word you're trying to use is moot. Mute makes no sense, which in most cases does describe you but I'm only trying to help you.

mute
[myo͞ot]
silent · speechless · dumb · unspeaking · tight-lipped · taciturn · mum · tongue-tied
antonyms: voluble · talkative
  • dated
    offensive
    (of a person) lacking the faculty of speech.
    synonyms: dumb · unable to speak · aphasic
  • (of a letter) not pronounced:
    "mute e is generally dropped before suffixes beginning with a vowel"
NOUN
mutes (plural noun)
  1. dated
    offensive
    a person lacking the faculty of speech.
    • historical
      (in some Asian countries) a servant who was deprived of the power of speech.
    • historical
      an actor in a dumbshow.
    • historical
      a professional attendant or mourner at a funeral.
  2. a clamp placed over the bridge of a stringed instrument to deaden the resonance without affecting the vibration of the strings.
    • a pad or cone placed in the opening of a brass or other wind instrument.
  3. a device on a television, telephone, or other appliance that temporarily turns off the sound:
    "she put the remote on mute"
VERB
mutes (third person present) · muted (past tense) · muted (past participle) · muting (present participle)
  1. deaden, muffle, or soften the sound of:
    "her footsteps were muted by the thick carpet" · "he turns the set on, mutes the sound, but flicks through the channels"
    synonyms: deaden · muffle · dampen · soften · quiet · hush · stifle · smother · suppress
    antonyms: amplify
    • muffle the sound of (a musical instrument), especially by the use of a mute.
    • reduce the strength or intensity of:
      "his professional contentment was muted by personal sadness"
      synonyms: restrain · soften · tone down · moderate · temper
      antonyms: intensify
  • moot
    [mo͞ot]
    debatable · open to discussion/question · arguable · questionable · at issue · open to doubt · disputable · controversial · contentious · disputed · unresolved · unsettled · up in the air
    • having no practical significance, typically because the subject is too uncertain to allow a decision:
      "it is moot whether this phrase should be treated as metaphor or not"
    VERB
    moots (third person present) · mooted (past tense) · mooted (past participle) · mooting (present participle)
    1. (be mooted)
      raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility):
      "Sylvia needed a vacation, and a trip to Ireland had been mooted"
      synonyms: raise · bring up · broach · mention · put forward · introduce · advance · propose · suggest
    NOUN
    moots (plural noun)
    1. historical
      an assembly held for debate, especially in Anglo-Saxon and medieval times.
      • a regular gathering of people having a common interest.
    2. law
      a mock trial set up to examine a hypothetical case as an academic exercise.

ORIGIN
    Old English mōt ‘assembly or meeting’ and mōtian ‘to converse,’ of Germanic origin; related to meet1. The adjective (originally an attributive noun use: see moot court) dates from the mid 16th cent.; the current verb sense dates from the mid 17th cent.
Yup, you're absolutely right, thank you.

Why should we give loans to students who take Women's Studies and Gay & Lesbian Haiku classes and then can't find jobs to pay us back?
Love to see your data on that, please.
Do you think there are a lot of jobs out there for those qualifications?
How many again are pursuing that shit on loaned money again hon? Data.

We have $1.3 TRILLION in outstanding student loans of which 40% are more than 90 days delinquent. that means they cannot find jobs in their field or their field doesn't pay enough to repay their student loans.
Interesting, but his point was "Why should we give loans to students who take Women's Studies and Gay & Lesbian Haiku classes and then can't find jobs to pay us back?"

Anything on that?

I am following it. Apparently you aren't. You think there's some equivalence between a corporation and a college student.

When a corporation goes bankrupt, it disappears. It no longer exists. Is that what you propose for students who take out student loans?
I'm finished with you today, remember? I cannot quiet the voices in your head. If you would like to attempt a fact based conversation at a later date and are prepared to come with data to support your emotional outbursts and partisanshithead perceptual reality, perhaps then. Go find someone else to trade your turds with.

My, my, my, you are having a royal hissy fit. What have I said that isn't a fact? Do you want college students to be treated like corporations or not?

We're done son, all you're here for is to sling shit. I realize that's all the rage these days, but it resolves nothing. Go find someone else to do this with.
It's amusing that you imagine you aren't slinging shit.

It's amusing that you imagine you aren't slinging shit.
Have a lovely weekend.

Student loan debt cannot be forgiven even in bankruptcy. It is usery and a debtor's prison like it was 150 years ago. Wall Street destroys trillions of dollars of people's money and no jail time, but if you have $2,000 of student loan debt it's a lifetime ball and chain.

No need to wonder who makes the laws.

I think the federal gov't needs to get out of the student loan business altogether. That's one reason why the costs of going to college are so high and going higher, too many people are getting loans that they have no intention of paying off. And the US taxpayer ends up paying the bill. Again.
How does the US taxpayer pay the bill if these kids can't file bankruptcy like Don and the substantial people do repeatedly?
When they own a business that is failing, they can file like Trump did. He never filed personal bankruptcy. But you knew that.

I think the federal gov't needs to get out of the student loan business altogether. That's one reason why the costs of going to college are so high and going higher, too many people are getting loans that they have no intention of paying off. And the US taxpayer ends up paying the bill. Again.
How does the US taxpayer pay the bill if these kids can't file bankruptcy like Don and the substantial people do repeatedly?
When they own a business that is failing, they can file like Trump did. He never filed personal bankruptcy. But you knew that.

Awful when you have to delve into hair splitting to prop up a saviour, don't you think.

Let's see if we understand this correctly. Millionaires are taking out student loans and are the only ones able to pay them off? Methinks you are admitting that the cost of education is way too high. Perhaps we should be looking at WHY it is so high and take steps to bring that down.
Why would anyone do that? The profiteers are having a hey day.

Awful when you have to delve into hair splitting to prop up a saviour, don't you think.
There's a big difference between a business failing and personal bankruptcy. But you knew that.

Let's see if we understand this correctly. Millionaires are taking out student loans and are the only ones able to pay them off? Methinks you are admitting that the cost of education is way too high. Perhaps we should be looking at WHY it is so high and take steps to bring that down.
They would do that to address the real issue instead of looking for cheap political hit points.

There's a big difference between a business failing and personal bankruptcy. But you knew that.
Of course the system set it up that way. You have your "job creator" class, and you have your unsubstantial people. But you knew that.

Privatized gains versus soclialized losses for the Wall Street bankster class
Internalized profit versus externalized risk and expense for the "job creator" class
Soclialism for the aristocracy versus laissez-faire capitalism for the masses

They would do that to address the real issue instead of looking for cheap political hit points.
Nah, nothing matters in america but profit, that's our value, we have one.

Nah, nothing matters in america but profit, that's our value, we have one.

If it wasn't for the profit motive we'd all be living no better than most people did 200 years ago. Which BTW wasn't too good.

I wonder if the Republicans are trying hand the Democrats the House in 2018 and White House in 2020. I can just think of the 30 second ads Democrats can run. Trump attacks teachers and police officers. Also programs that help public schools with mentally challenged students as well as money college work study programs. that is going to be even more devastating 30 second ads. Voters are center right not far right. I predict a Republican revolt if this happens.

Where did you dream up all of this bullshit?

and why should anyone get out from under a financial obligation that they agreed to undertake?

As you know, there are many reasons.

At the same time, I support making a student loan obligation something that cannot be erased in a bankruptcy.

I think a student loan should be treated more like a business loan. In addition to a typical loan application, a business plan should be included. How much are you going to be borrowing? What is your expected income from this major when you graduate? If you're going to be borrowing $50,000 and when you go to work, you're going to be earning $40,000 a year, that's a bad loan.

Well, you just eliminated the teaching profession entirely!

Yeah, not paying off a loan you voluntarily took is a war on education. So if you don't pay off my car loan are you waging a war on automakers?

If you don't make your car loan payments, they come pick up your car.

If you don't make your education payment, maybe they could do a lobotomy? Then again there is that darn Eighth Amendment.

I think the IRS should deduct a certain % from your tax refund if you have one, every year until the debt is paid or you die. No debt forgiveness for a debt that the taxpayers have to cover if you don't, that's BS. Of course I don't believe the federal gov't should be in the college loan business in the 1st place.

What tax refund?

Forum List

Back