Better American? Trump, Obama, or Tecumseh?

D

Dim Bulb

Trump and Obama seem emotionally and intellectually unable to unite their fellow Americans. Starting from humble Shawnee beginnings in what we now call Ohio, Tecumseh painstakingly put together a coalition of hundreds of tribes, tribes that had been at war for centuries. They were united against encroachment of the Shemanase solely by Tecumseh's encouragement and urging. A great American unlike the other two I've listed. Tecumseh actually united Americans.

Tecumseh

Obama didn't even represent our country, so he's out.

Trump has good intentions. Sometimes his lips are in the way, but for the most part liberal rhetoric is in the way.

Trump and Obama seem emotionally and intellectually unable to unite their fellow Americans. Starting from humble Shawnee beginnings in what we now call Ohio, Tecumseh painstakingly put together a coalition of hundreds of tribes, tribes that had been at war for centuries. They were united against encroachment of the Shemanase solely by Tecumseh's encouragement and urging. A great American unlike the other two I've listed. Tecumseh actually united Americans.
Even Bush was able to unite the country. For a short while anyway. Doesn't seem that difficult when facing a common enemy as were the native Americans.

Even Bush was able to unite the country. For a short while anyway. Doesn't seem that difficult when facing a common enemy as were the native Americans.
So why do we see each other as enemies instead of the real enemies trying to do us harm? Why pick on your neighbors (except for the fact that you can see them out your kitchen window and you cant see Russians and ISIS)?

Edited to add: And Tecumseh created his coalition during a time of general peace in the "Northwest Territory" after a major treaty had been reached between the Shemanase and the Native Americans.

i dont think it was bush who did that.....it was more like bin laden....

Exactly. The country was attacked and people felt vulnerable enough to put aside their differences and unite against a common threat. ISIS does not pose the type of threat to our way of life to galvanize such a reaction. And the suggestion that Russia does is just pure ignorance on the part of the OP.

Exactly. The country was attacked and people felt vulnerable enough to put aside their differences and unite against a common threat. ISIS does not pose the type of threat to our way of life to galvanize such a reaction. And the suggestion that Russia does is just pure ignorance on the part of the OP.
Indeed. I am ignorant to believe that a desire to interfere in our country's elections and to create dissension between us is a threat. Got it.

Indeed. I am ignorant to believe that a desire to interfere in our country's elections and to create dissension between us is a threat. Got it.
Your ignorance stems from your desire to believe the claim without any credible evidence to support it. That is how we got stuck in the Iraq war in case you have forgotten.

Your ignorance stems from your desire to believe the claim without any credible evidence to support it. That is how we got stuck in the Iraq war in case you have forgotten.
It is absolutely crystal clear that Russians tried to create uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness by interfering in the election. Even President Trump has admitted this. There is no evidence of collusion between Manafort etc and the Russians. You need to draw a distinction between the two facts. I don't care about the second allegation, only the first, the attack on America. You seem to not care about us being attacked. That's your right.

It is absolutely crystal clear that Russians tried to create uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness by interfering in the election. Even President Trump has admitted this. There is no evidence of collusion between Manafort etc and the Russians. You need to draw a distinction between the two facts. I don't care about the second allegation, only the first, the attack on America. You seem to not care about us being attacked. That's your right.
Uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness exist on there own in our country, fostered by Americans. There is absolutely no concrete evidence I have seen to suggest the Russian government played any role in adding to the mix. I couldn't give a rats ass what Trump has said about it. I trust his word about as much as I trusted Obama or Bush before him. Not at all.

Uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness exist on there own in our country, fostered by Americans. There is absolutely no concrete evidence I have seen to suggest the Russian government played any role in adding to the mix. I couldn't give a rats ass what Trump has said about it. I trust his word about as much as I trusted Obama or Bush before him. Not at all.
This thread serves as an example of the discord. Ironic, isn't it? FBI, CIA and NSA all agree with me that the Russians tried to interfere. You probably don't believe them either, I suppose. That's cool too. That's your right.

This thread serves as an example of the discord. Ironic, isn't it? FBI, CIA and NSA all agree with me that the Russians tried to interfere. You probably don't believe them either, I suppose. That's cool too. That's your right.
Correct, I especially don't believe the US intel community. Even though they agree with you. :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back