Better American? Trump, Obama, or Tecumseh?

Our country will never unite under a leader as long as we continue with this corrupt 2 party system that is in a constant state of fund raising and campaigning. It has become an all or nothing game, Rs vs Ds, where mud slinging and demonization trumps intellectual debate and productive collaboration.

My only hope is for a strong independent to win the White House and blow up the party's while instituting a new system for campaigning that better represents the people not the powerful.

I believe Tenskwatawa (who the whites referred to as "the Prophet") should share the credit given in establishing his older brother Tecumseh's coalition. The Prophet expressed vision that Indians should give up white customs, their growing dependence non-Indian items, return to traditional ways, and quit fighting each other over land. This would lead their spiritual supremacy to reward them by driving out settlers from their lands. His spiritual message was what mostly unified the Indians.

Indeed. I am ignorant to believe that a desire to interfere in our country's elections and to create dissension between us is a threat. Got it.
Your ignorance stems from your desire to believe the claim without any credible evidence to support it. That is how we got stuck in the Iraq war in case you have forgotten.
It is absolutely crystal clear that Russians tried to create uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness by interfering in the election. Even President Trump has admitted this. There is no evidence of collusion between Manafort etc and the Russians. You need to draw a distinction between the two facts. I don't care about the second allegation, only the first, the attack on America. You seem to not care about us being attacked. That's your right.
Uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness exist on there own in our country, fostered by Americans. There is absolutely no concrete evidence I have seen to suggest the Russian government played any role in adding to the mix. I couldn't give a rats ass what Trump has said about it. I trust his word about as much as I trusted Obama or Bush before him. Not at all.
This thread serves as an example of the discord. Ironic, isn't it? FBI, CIA and NSA all agree with me that the Russians tried to interfere. You probably don't believe them either, I suppose. That's cool too. That's your right.
Correct, I especially don't believe the US intel community. Even though they agree with you. :rolleyes-41:
You remind me of this guy.

Your ignorance stems from your desire to believe the claim without any credible evidence to support it. That is how we got stuck in the Iraq war in case you have forgotten.
It is absolutely crystal clear that Russians tried to create uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness by interfering in the election. Even President Trump has admitted this. There is no evidence of collusion between Manafort etc and the Russians. You need to draw a distinction between the two facts. I don't care about the second allegation, only the first, the attack on America. You seem to not care about us being attacked. That's your right.
Uncertainty, chaos and divisiveness exist on there own in our country, fostered by Americans. There is absolutely no concrete evidence I have seen to suggest the Russian government played any role in adding to the mix. I couldn't give a rats ass what Trump has said about it. I trust his word about as much as I trusted Obama or Bush before him. Not at all.
This thread serves as an example of the discord. Ironic, isn't it? FBI, CIA and NSA all agree with me that the Russians tried to interfere. You probably don't believe them either, I suppose. That's cool too. That's your right.
Correct, I especially don't believe the US intel community. Even though they agree with you. :rolleyes-41:
Why? Do you think I have a financial interest in being skeptical of government officials and clandestine agencies?

I believe Tenskwatawa (who the whites referred to as "the Prophet") should share the credit given in establishing his older brother Tecumseh's coalition. The Prophet expressed vision that Indians should give up white customs, their growing dependence non-Indian items, return to traditional ways, and quit fighting each other over land. This would lead their spiritual supremacy to reward them by driving out settlers from their lands. His spiritual message was what mostly unified the Indians.
Interesting point. Here's the problem though. Tenskwatawa, one of the triplets, was really espousing prophecies articulated by Tecumseh himself. Tecumseh was quick to shut Tenskwatawa down when he went too far, such as when he began denouncing "witches" among the tribes who were summarily executed. Tecumseh ran the playbook, and Teskwatawa did his bidding (mostly). I also don't believe that Tenskwatawa actually left the drinking of his youth behind, but that is mere speculation..

Why? Do you think I have a financial interest in being skeptical of government officials and clandestine agencies?
No I don't.

No I don't.
Then what is it?

No I don't.
Then what is it?
As Richard Dreyfuss so aptly put it (and I'm paraphrasing), you seem bent on ignoring a problem until it swims up and bites you in the butt.

No I don't.
Then what is it?
As Richard Dreyfuss so aptly put it (and I'm paraphrasing), you seem bent on ignoring a problem until it swims up and bites you in the butt.
Except this isn't a movie and Putin is not a shark. He is a human who seeks greater cooperation with the US because that benefits his country. The problem has been manufactured like it was a movie and virtually no one is looking critically at the reality.

No I don't.
Then what is it?
Except this isn't a movie and Putin is not a shark. He is a human who seeks greater cooperation with the US because that benefits his country. The problem has been manufactured like it was a movie and virtually no one is looking critically at the reality.
You are free to believe that there was no attempt at Russian interference. I will and do disagree. That's what is great about America.

No I don't.
Then what is it?
You are free to believe that there was no attempt at Russian interference. I will and do disagree. That's what is great about America.
Enjoy your soap opera.

Enjoy your soap opera.
Enjoy being an ostrich.

Then what is it?
Enjoy your soap opera.
Enjoy being an ostrich.
Have you watched the interview that Oliver Stone did with Putin?

Enjoy your soap opera.
Enjoy being an ostrich.
Yes and those are two people who I really believe everything they say.

Enjoy your soap opera.
Enjoy being an ostrich.
Your government has lied to you a hell of a lot more than either of those individuals, I promise.

Enjoy your soap opera.
Enjoy being an ostrich.
Your government has lied to you a hell of a lot more than either of those individuals, I promise.
There we agree. You know, it occurs to me, you never answered the OP question. It's multiple choice. Let me know your thoughts.

Enjoy your soap opera.
Enjoy being an ostrich.
There we agree. You know, it occurs to me, you never answered the OP question. It's multiple choice. Let me know your thoughts.
I'll take Tecumseh. Though I'm not all that familiar with the details of his life I am quite familiar with the other choices.

Enjoy being an ostrich.
I'll take Tecumseh. Though I'm not all that familiar with the details of his life I am quite familiar with the other choices.
Look at that. We agree again.

Forum List

Back