Beware of False Teachers

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
My bible teaches me that we are to Fight! Contend! Do battle! When apostasy arises, when false teachers emerge, when the truth of Gods word is attacked, it is time to fight for the faith. Only believers who are spiritually "in shape" can answer the summons. At the beginning of his letter Jude focuses on the believer's salvation, but then he feels compelled to challenge them to contend for the faith!

The danger is real. False Teachers have crept into the church, turning God's grace into unbounded license to do as they please!

Jude reminds such men of God's past dealings with unbelieving Israel, disobedient angels, and wicked Sodom and Gomorrah. In the face of such danger Christians should not be caught off guard. the challenge is great, but so is the God who is able to keep them from stumbling.

The book which teaches us about False Teachers best is also one of the shortest books in the bible. The Epistle of Jude. We'll break it down into segments as it is only one chapter long.

( preview of Jude )

Purpose of Jude

It is written:

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. - Jude 1: 1-4

Past Judgment of False Teachers

It is written:

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knoew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1: 5 - 7

Present Characteristics of False Teachers

It is written:

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignitaries. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, did not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not, but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

Woe unto them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear, clouds they are without water, carried about by winds of doctrines, trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots.

Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame, wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
- Jude 8: 13

the bible teaches me nothing, Jeremiah.
what makes a teacher "real" is subjective

Future judgment of False Teachers

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints.

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

These are murmerers, complainers, walking after their own lusts, and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. - Jude 1: 14 - 16

My bible teaches me that we are to Fight! Contend! Do battle! When apostasy arises, when false teachers emerge, when the truth of Gods word is attacked, it is time to fight for the faith. Only believers who are spiritually "in shape" can answer the summons. At the beginning of his letter Jude focuses on the believer's salvation, but then he feels compelled to challenge them to contend for the faith!

The danger is real. False Teachers have crept into the church, turning God's grace into unbounded license to do as they please!

Jude reminds such men of God's past dealings with unbelieving Israel, disobedient angels, and wicked Sodom and Gomorrah. In the face of such danger Christians should not be caught off guard. the challenge is great, but so is the God who is able to keep them from stumbling.

The book which teaches us about False Teachers best is also one of the shortest books in the bible. The Epistle of Jude. We'll break it down into segments as it is only one chapter long.

( preview of Jude )

Basing your religious faith on what amounts to an ancient version of Grimm's Fairy Tales is insane.

the bible teaches me nothing, Jeremiah.
what makes a teacher "real" is subjective

What makes a teacher real ( Honest - teaching Truth - not a false teacher ) is a teacher who teaches Truth. 100% truth. That and nothing else defines the teacher of Truth, Harley. Now sit still and read this next one for a minute.. quit wiggling.

there is an actual teacher of truth when it comes to a religion?

Defense Against False Teachers

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:

How they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who would walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. ( <----- the Holy Spirit! )
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.

Keep yourselves in the love of God looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

And of some have compassion, making a difference.
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. - Jude 1 : 17 - 23

there is an actual teacher of truth when it comes to a religion?

Yes! His name is the Holy Ghost! He is also known as the Comforter and he gets it right 100% of the time because He is the author and the revelator of the Scriptures, Harley! And He is also the Spirit of the Lord and He loves you to bits! :eusa_angel: He will also protect you, defend you, give you the right words when you don't know them, comfort you, minister to you, lead you, guide you, feed you the Word, the Holy Ghost does lots of things, Harley!

Oh! And He will also expose the rascals who try to trick you and deceive you which is what false teachers do! He will identify them and say see that? That is a lie. Don't believe that. Yep. That is His job and He does it very, very well!

Last edited:
Doxology of Jude

It is written:

Now unto him, that is able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. - Jude 1: 24, 25

Doxology of Jude

Now unto him, tha tis able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. - Jude 1: 24, 25

The bible is the false teacher, dude!!! Don't you get it? It's irony......

Best thing to do, Harley is read the Word of God and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you. Say to the Lord Jesus, I want to take the John 7: 17 challenge, Lord! What is the John 7: 17 challenge?

Jesus said,

If any man will to do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Isn't the Lord good, Harley? He told you right there if you are willing to do the will of God once he reveals it to you - he will show you whether or not it be of Him or not! You cannot beat that offer, Harley! I'm telling you! God is good! Now do you want to know? If you do just get your bible out and read the Book of John and keep reading until you are saved. And I'll be over here praying for you that God will help you, Harley. God loves you. Don't you want to get to know the one who loves you more than anyone else in the universe?

Doxology of Jude

Now unto him, tha tis able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.

The bible is the false teacher, dude!!! Don't you get it? It's irony......

No, your breathing is evidence it isn't irony at all. God is very merciful, long suffering, wishing none would perish but all would turn from their wicked ways. God wants you to turn from your wickedness and live! Why? Because He loves you, friend. Believe on the Lord Jesus and be baptized and you will be saved from eternal damnation! It is a free gift! You don't have to earn your way into heaven! You don't have to buy your way into heaven! You don't have to penance your way into heaven! The devil is a liar!

You just accept the gift Jesus gave you - he paid it all so that you could be in heaven for all eternity! Jesus paid the price for you to enter heaven, Fitz. Read Romans 10: 8,9,10,11,12,13 and John 3:16 - it is all there! Jesus loves you! Receive the gift of eternal life from him. He is the only one that can offer you that! No one else can!

Do you have any idea how valuable you are? How precious you are to the Father? To Jesus and the Holy Spirit? Why if you were the only person on this earth the Father still would have sent His Holy Spirit to rest upon Mary to bring Jesus into the world and Jesus still would have went to the Cross, just for you! I believe it is true with everything within me. The devil doesn't want you to know this but he lost his place in heaven through his own sin and now he is so jealous of all of you because he knows mankind can inherit what he has lost forever! A relationship with God! Heaven! Eternal life in the presence of God! Oh! How jealous he is of all of you! He desires nothing less than to rob you all of your rightful inheritance! He wants to rob you! He is the one who has come to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus came to give us Life eternal and abundant life right here on the earth! Do not neglect so great a salvation! He paid for it with his very blood and life! Accept it and thank him for it tonight! Don't wait!

Last edited:
Watch this Alfalfa! This is no fairy tale! This is reality! This is your deliverer and what he did to obtain your deliverance! He loves you! Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior tonight! He loves you and he did this for you!!! Romans 10: 8 - 13 - Do it tonight!

[ame=http://youtu.be/L0ANzUZ2Bhc]My Deliverer-Rich Mullins (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back