Bible criticism

Some evidence from the bible that hellfire is eternal.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:41-42

If thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. Matthew 18:8-9

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41
...hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:43-48

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:22-24

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever. Revelation 14:10-11

Deut 13.7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

A round earth does not have ends.

ugh..You really need to expand your mind.

The 'ends of the earth' just means the furthest bounds of what was then the known world.

To save you some time,

Elijah being 'Taken up' into heaven is just a euphemism for his being killed by a lynch mob.

Jesus giving sight to the blind was a healing of perception not sight.

The resurrection and bodily ascension of Jesus is about the evolution of his soul after he left the tomb of false religious beliefs and degrading practices.

You should take a break from questioning scripture, go and read some poetry, learn about metaphors etc., and then try again

Deut 13.7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

The 'ends of the earth' just means the furthest bounds of what was then the known world.

Precisely, in those days people thought the earth was flat because that's all they had seen.

The biggest question is if there is anything that would make you believe?

If the answer is yes, what?
If the answer is no, you have a closed mind and are a waste of time.

Believe what, the bunk in the old testament? That says the world is flat and its six thousand years old and Jonah was swallowed by a whale, etc, etc. I hardly think so.
Feel free to quote the verses about the world being flat.
And I've seen a whale swallow a 500 pound seal, so......

That must have been a sperm whale, and the seal did not have much life expectancy inside its stomach and neither would a man.
Once again a pea brain puts limits on the creator of the universe.

Precisely, in those days people thought the earth was flat because that's all they had seen.
:cuckoo:

Believe what, the bunk in the old testament? That says the world is flat and its six thousand years old and Jonah was swallowed by a whale, etc, etc. I hardly think so.

no question----a WHALE and even a shark can swallow a man. As to Jonah-----what word ---in the original Hebrew is
used in the book of Jonah to describe the big fish SWALLOWING him. To be honest-----I do not know the word
TO SWALLOW (as in down the esophagus) in hebrew

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:41-42

If thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. Matthew 18:8-9

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41
...hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:43-48

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:22-24

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever. Revelation 14:10-11

that's all NT Dajjal-----lots or Greek and Roman ideas
confused the writers

no question----a WHALE and even a shark can swallow a man. As to Jonah-----what word ---in the original Hebrew is
used in the book of Jonah to describe the big fish SWALLOWING him. To be honest-----I do not know the word
They will tell you all about space aliens and such, but a fish swallowing a person is beyond their feeble minds.

Ok., Knowing that then you should look for some deeper meaning. X on a treasure map, remember?

Same with the story of creation. They knew nothing of the universe, solar system, age of the earth, the evolution of life, etc. Thems the facts.

Look for deeper meaning.

If you do you will find that the story of creation, "Let there be light" is about the establishment of law from an unidentified extraterrestrial source in a world that was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep for millions of years.

They will tell you all about space aliens and such, but a fish swallowing a person is beyond their feeble minds.

sorry weather, I do not believe that Jonah was actually SWALLOWED by a fish ---or BIG fish, or WHALE or fishfromMars. -------it is a kinda poetic description of a guy being tossed around at sea for awhile.----maybe he grabbed some floating thing and was IN THE BELLY OF THE DEEP DARK SEA. btw----Aleppo is approximately ancient
NINEVEH. ~~~~~ the Russians were SPIT up on its shores----would be good if Nineveh would SPIT them back
to Russia and SPIT Assad to hell.

sorry weather, I do not believe that Jonah was actually SWALLOWED by a fish ---or BIG fish, or WHALE or fishfromMars. -------it is a kinda poetic description of a guy being tossed around at sea for awhile.----maybe he grabbed some floating thing and was IN THE BELLY OF THE DEEP DARK SEA. btw----Aleppo is approximately ancient
NINEVEH. ~~~~~ the Russians were SPIT up on its shores----would be good if Nineveh would SPIT them back
Not my concern. Irrelivent that some can't grasp miracles. The issue is a story of redemption. People turning away from evil. That's what really ticks off the haters.

what word is used for 'earth'? --------the word in Hebrew usually translated to "earth" is ADOM-----which really sorta
means ---ground.-------like the stuff you stand on----and where the grass grows-------from one end to the other could mean-----
as the sheep go-------on long treks

Not my concern. Irrelivent that some can't grasp miracles. The issue is a story of redemption. People turning away from evil. That's what really ticks off the haters.

YES---the story is one of redemption for ALL people ----including the evil Knievel ASSYRIANS IN NINEVEH ---
to wit------the slobs----Isis, Russians, Assadians etc-----
now fighting it out in ALEPPO. A factoid of interest-----
the book of Jonah gets read in synagogues on the day
YOM KIPPUR-----because it is a story of redemption for all
people-------even those damned Assyrians

for the record-----a new chapter in islamo Nazi propaganda----
--------PUTIN IS A JOOOOOOO....check it out via google

what word is used for 'earth'? --------the word in Hebrew usually translated to "earth" is ADOM-----which really sorta
means ---ground.-------like the stuff you stand on----and where the grass grows-------from one end to the other could mean-----
What happened to "Eretz" -- I suppose you think that means "lands" not "Earth" ?

BALA is swallow in HBRW.

ugh..You really need to expand your mind.

To save you some time,

Elijah being 'Taken up' into heaven is just a euphemism for his being killed by a lynch mob.

Jesus giving sight to the blind was a healing of perception not sight.

The resurrection and bodily ascension of Jesus is about the evolution of his soul after he left the tomb of false religious beliefs and degrading practices.

You should take a break from questioning scripture, go and read some poetry, learn about metaphors etc., and then try again
Elijah flew away in a golden chariot of fire.

There was no lynch mob.

I just ordered, The complete dead sea scrolls, from Amazon. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the bible.
That would be fascinating to read.

I would prefer a word for word parallel translation of the ancient Hebrew with the English.

Unless you do word for word and one word at a time your translation is subject to too much literary license.

If Jesus when he judges you determines that your life was corrupt and that your mind and soul are now totally useless to him, he does need to send you someplace far away. No choice.

There cannot be a reprieve from a life of failure.

But he will judge that himself. Nobody else will. He tells us that.

There is always time to change your life for the better as long as you are still alive to change it.

To do so you would need to start with philosophy.

Then you would need to do good deeds.

Eventually your good deeds would erase the memory of your bad deeds.

Matthew Chapter 25 explains what to do.

After you are dead it is too late however.

What happened to "Eretz" -- I suppose you think that means "lands" not "Earth" ?

Eretz CERTAINLY DOES NOT MEAN ----the planet-----it means this or that country or ---yes---LAND as in LAND OF _______

Forum List

Back