Biden declared Jackson non qualified

The problem with that question for me is that it is missing necessary context. We don't do things for no reason and so I would wonder why is that white person getting preferential treatment. It brings me to my larger point which is that clearly racism isn't just an act but also the motivations behind the act. For instance the act of denying a black person a job isn't inherently racist but if you deny a black person a job because you think they are inherently inferior then that is racist, so clearly motive and not the act in and of itself is the determining factor.

Now let's look at Bidens pick. Is the full context of his choice that he decided to nominate a black woman because she is black, full stop? Or because she is black and black women have been historically kept from serving on the Court? If you can't be honest about the full context of the choice then you can't make an honest assessment of whether or not said act was racist.
By those standards, you can only determine racism if you can read someone's mind.
I would contend that it is racism to give either preferential or non-preferential treatment to a person based on their race.
The former is positive racism, the latter, negative.
That's just my opinion.

You believe it's impossible for a black woman to be qualified.
When did I say that?

If she can cut the mustard I think she should be rewarded

but due to affirmative action that is in question

Is giving white people preferential treatment, because they're white, racism?
It use to be called the good ole days.....

Are you pretending to be outraged by the idea of this now??

I will quote MLK again....because I like to watch you folks pretend to admire a guy you clearly hated then and hate now...but since he won and you lost, you have to pretend to admire him....

Here is his take on AA...

FJWXzO9XEAAHUih.jpg

Seems as tho he is saying, the hundreds and hundreds of years of white folks getting special treatment at the expense and often times brutalized oppression of others calls for some policies to rectify that.....

He then went on to accurately describe that white backlash that is sure to come from folks like you....
15bCgEe3DGAjDCzqSzO74Iw.jpg

Now wonder the Conservatives of his day hated him and celebrated his murder

we dont believe blacks are genetically inferior

but they should be required to reach the same standards as everyone else
Ketanji Brown Jackson did meet and surpass those standards and white racists without college degrees of their own still question her qualifications.

I will quote MLK again....because I like to watch you folks pretend to admire a guy you clearly hated then and hate now...but since he won and you lost, you have to pretend to admire him....

View attachment 610177

Seems as tho he is saying, the hundreds and hundreds of years of white folks getting special treatment at the expense and often times brutalized oppression of others calls for some policies to rectify that.....

He then went on to accurately describe that white backlash that is sure to come from folks like you....
View attachment 610178

King was mistaken

you dont fix one injustice by practicing a reverse injustice

View attachment 610177

View attachment 610178

Does that mean that the society that does something special FOR the negro, now can do something special AGAINST the negro? Does it work in reverse?

The tendency for backlash is because NOBODY GAVE ME ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW YOU NEGROS TRY TO JUSTIFY IT!!!!!!!!

You believe it's impossible for a black woman to be qualified.
He believes being an accomplished attorney, a 3 times Senate confirmed federal judge isn't cutting the mustard...

But if you are someone who never really practiced law in any real capacity until they were appointed a judge..and then 3 yrs later appointed to the Supreme court....that's cutting mustard....

And none of these folks can go into any detail as to why.....because none of them know shit about jurisprudence..they just know, white means qualified, no questions asked.....and black means unqualified until you make racists believe otherwise...

Does that mean that the society that does something special FOR the negro, now can do something special AGAINST the negro? Does it work in reverse?

The tendency for backlash is because NOBODY GAVE ME ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW YOU NEGROS TRY TO JUSTIFY IT!!!!!!!!
Sure, if you can rally society to do something against black folks, and get that codified in law -- you are more than welcome to campaign on that...

So why don't you do it?? Instead of whining like a bitch about the gains and victories of the Civil Rights movement -- why don't you be brave enough to openly campaign in favor of doing shit against black folks

And while you are at -- make sure you NEVER EVER EVER claim to support MLK again....

If she feels the need to hide her entrance exams and has constantly been overturned---I think it is safe to say that the bitch ain't qualified.
I don't recall her hiding any of that -- nor do I recall anyone before her being asked to show any of that

But it's safe to say that you are a bitch tho...

By those standards, you can only determine racism if you can read someone's mind.
That's like arguing we can only determin guilt when people confess.
I would contend that it is racism to give either preferential or non-preferential treatment to a person based on their race.
The former is positive racism, the latter, negative.
That's just my opinion.
Then you missed my lesson on motive vs act. You want to argue that racism is an act without motive but it is not. Your scenario only includes one portion, an act. A white person is getting preferential treatment. Until we know the motive, until we know why, we can't say if it's for racism or something else. Maybe his white skin is simply coincidental and not the reason for his preferential treatment.

Not by me. Are you going to dodge the question?
Here it is again:
Is giving white people preferential treatment, because they're white, racism?
I'm neither outraged nor pretending to be so.
His quote on being judged by the content of one's character over one's skin color was his masterpiece, imho.

Forum List

Back