Biden Disapproval hits 54.8%, Approval 42.1

No. I do Not believe they would. Most did not get free rides.
Yes they did, if they are boomers, they absolutely got a free ride.

Not to mention, college prices weren't ridiculously priced for them as it is for today's youth.

Compare apples to apples.

If you want to be a fair minded individual, be one. Put the politics and ideology aside.

Trump is not President. You people are always touting the margin of victory of Biden. What the fuck? Do some math on Biden’s popularity. 81 million mutherfuckin votes??? That is a hell of a decline.
Right, but context matters.

Unless you're just a hack.

If so, then your response makes total sense.

I was never a Sleepy Joe fan, and I have my ideas, but why do you think his polls dropped?
Because Black people woke the fuck up and realized they got told to about not voting for Joe Biden meant they weren’t Black enough and he was the same one that said him sending his kids to school with Black kids would be a racial jungle.

Not to mention, college prices weren't ridiculously priced for them as it is for today's youth.

If you want to be a fair minded individual, be one. Put the politics and ideology aside.
My parents could not afford to send me to college even with the more reasonable prices back then. College was for rich folk's kids. We did not kick on that and did pretty well for ourselves.

Perhaps you are mistaking free ride for full ride. I know a couple that got those as they were smart/talented and the colleges wanted them for same. Of the two I knew that got full rides one worked at the WH for years and also was a concert pianist and the other a federal prosecutor that helped take down the Mafia in NYC. Of course both are retired now.

Last edited:

I am talking about people my age. I did Not get a free ride. And I went to a very expensive school. My nieces and nephews are millennials and they had to pay? Why should others get a free ride?

My parents could not afford to send me to college even with the more reasonable prices back then. College was for rich folk's kids. We did not kick on that and did pretty well for ourselves.

Perhaps you are mistaking free ride for full ride. I know a couple that got those as they were smart/talented and the colleges wanted them for same. Of the two I knew that got full rides one worked at the WH for years and also was a concert pianist and the other a federal prosecutor that helped take down the Mafia in NYC. Of course both are retired now.
I went to a private school 20 years ago, college is now twice as much.

That's ridiculous.

The kids shouldn't be paying for our insane system.

I am talking about people my age. I did Not get a free ride. And I went to a very expensive school. My nieces and nephews are millennials and they had to pay? Why should others get a free ride?
Because it's the right thing to do.

Why do you want to punish others?

I went to a private school 20 years ago, college is now twice as much.

That's ridiculous.

The kids shouldn't be paying for our insane system.
Big Education is the problem…… too much entitlement that banks on entitlement of kids to take out loans for themselves to fly three time zones away, attend some private school and major in something for which there is no job market. These kids need to go to state and local schools and major in something because there is demand. Entitlement is limited.

Big Education is the problem…… too much entitlement that banks on entitlement of kids to take out loans for themselves to fly three time zones away, attend some private school and major in something for which there is no job market. These kids need to go to state and local schools and major in something because there is demand. Entitlement is limited.
Now you're talking about the details.

I'm simply saying kids should be able to get a good education for FREE somewhere, state, private, I don't care, willing to hash out those details.

You're making up some boogey many about entitled kids, that's not cool dude.

Because it's the right thing to do.

Why do you want to punish others?
I do not but if you take out a loan it’s your responsibility to pay back the obligation. It’s stupid for a History major to take out loans of $150k and graduate with a fluff degree. I graduated with a degree in business, a marketable skill. Colleges should definitely be ashamed of themselves for charging all that money for a worthless degree.

So are you guys ready to punish the colleges then? Since your argument is that they're at fault.

I don't see how kids getting a free ride today, has anything to do w/you or me.

Are you upset at the beneficiaries of modern technology that saves lives when millions of people before died due to lack of it.

Snap out of your stupor.

I'm simply saying kids should be able to get a good education for FREE somewhere, state, private, I don't care, willing to hash out those details.

The problem with student debt is exactly the sense of entitlement I described… whether entitlement from professors or the kids and their families that think they are entitled to spurn state school for that elite school for which they will go upwards of $300k in debt and then cry to be bailed out by the working taxpayer. How cool is that??

In MA, UMASS is about $30k per year. It’s a deep blue state. Not one Republican in Congress. So why can’t MA fix this? Easy. Democrats are all talk. Now compare that to how much Clemson costs for in state kids…

The thread isn't about Trump. But since you made it so, he [Trump] was above 45% approval several times per Gallup.

And that was with all the 'muh, Rusia' lies and a steady 24/7 attack mode from the MSM. Basically kid-glove treatment ofr Biden.

Biden gets favorable coverage from the MSM and looks at his numbers in spite of that.

Wow, as much as 45%. Never made it above 50% did he?

Trump first year approval ratings were the lowest in US history - 34%. Because of the lying. Because he admitted to firing Jim Comey to stop the Russia Investigation, because he spent $1 million per weekend of taxpayer money, to go to Mar-a-lago. Because he was trying to cut the Affordable Care Act and had nothing to replace it. Because of 25% turnover in the White House Staff in the first year.

Criticizing the President is not an "attack". That's the job of the press. Trump is angry that the MSM didn't suck up to him. He said he thought they'd be more respectful once he was President. People don't respect you when you lie to them Donnie.

I used to tell my kids that when you lie to someone, you're telling them they're "stupid" to their face. You're saying that you believe that they're not smart enough to know you're lying. 30,000 times, Donald Trump told the American voters they're stupid, and 71 million of them answered "Yes we are" and they voted for him.

This isn't entitlement at all. For all of their lives, kids are told they need a college degree to get a good paying job, and mostly, it's true. There isn't a job out there that doesn't require a high school education. I grew up in a time when you could make a decent living if you had a strong back and were willing to work, regardless of education. Prior to the pandemic, employers won't hire you to clean toilets without a high school education.

One of my American friends is helping to fund his niece's post secondary education. She's taking a degree in social work which will cost $60,000 per year for the next 4 years to qualify her for a job paying $40,000 per year. Yes it's a private college, but it's the best in the country for this line of work.

My friends who teach at private colleges in the USA are saying that the for profit colleges are raising tuition to make ends meet and nobody flunks out any more. The colleges can't afford to lose their tuition. And kids are graduating with an average of $50,000 in debt. My first and second homes didn't have mortgages that large.

Last edited:
In MA, UMASS is about $30k per year. It’s a deep blue state. Not one Republican in Congress. So why can’t MA fix this? Easy. Democrats are all talk. Now compare that to how much Clemson costs for in state kids…
Democrats are all about education as long as someone else pays for it. The people in the flyover states that kling to their guns and religion make education affordable for their residents.

Obama can’t relate because he always had wealthy white people or the taxpayer pay for his education. He spent nothing on his education.

Democrats are all about education as long as someone else pays for it. The people in the flyover states that kling to their guns and religion make education affordable for their residents.

Obama can’t relate because he always had wealthy white people or the taxpayer pay for his education. He spent nothing on his education.
Exactly. MarcATL how do you explain this please?

Forum List

Back