Biden Disapproval hits 54.8%, Approval 42.1

That a red state charges a lot less for in state tuition than a deep blue state? Aren’t Democrats for the little people?
Yale, Harvard, Cornell and etc. are private colleges. The University of Massachusetts and Clemson University are state funded universities, not private schools.point being is that the heyseed country bumpkins make their state schools more affordable than the liberal intelligentsia up north. Which side comes out crying like they got screwed with high debt and underemployment?

Really both side are screaming about the high costs of education, and it's having a real drag on the economy. At age 23, I was out of school, debt free. My tuition was $2000 a year, and I was able to earn that in summer jobs. I was married, and my daughter was born that year. We owned a new van, and a old car. We bought our first house when our daughter was a year old. And a new car the year after that. We wouldn't have done ANY of this if we each owed a year's salary in students loans.

Todays' young couples are getting married later, having families later, and not buying their first homes until after age 30. Generation X kids got married and bought their first homes later than the Boomers, and the Millenians are doing later than Gen X. They're and living in their parents' basements for years after graduation because of student debt. At the same time in life that we were being good little consumers, buying cars, houses, furniture, applicances, and starting our families, these kids are sitting in their basements paying off students loans that more than they earn in a year.

Your belief about tuition is largely whack too.

Massachusetts University is $15,698 for locals, $33,624 for Domestic tuition. Clemson is $15,588 for locals, and $36,427 for Domestic tuition. Michigan state is $14,460 for locals, $39,766 domestic. Not much difference between the three for locals. Massachusetts is the cheapest for out of state, even though one would think that the cost of living in Greenville would be much lower than either Amherst, or Lansing.

But the University of Indianapolis - one of those flyover states you said keeps tuition cheap for the locals, has no local rate and charges all students $36,020. Putting the lie to your idea that the fly over states make higher much more affordable education affordable. Having said that, Iowa State is much lower cost - $9316 for locals and $24,504 for Domestic.

The larger problem is that with the exception of #3, Michigan State, most of these schools aren't very highly ranked, even among public universities. Indiana State, Texas A&M, the University of Minnesota, and the University of Massachusetts are all tied for #26 in public universities, and they're the highest ranked of these state schools. Clemson is No. 30. Iowa is #33.

Really both side are screaming about the high costs of education, and it's having a real drag on the economy. At age 23, I was out of school, debt free. My tuition was $2000 a year, and I was able to earn that in summer jobs. I was married, and my daughter was born that year. We owned a new van, and a old car. We bought our first house when our daughter was a year old. And a new car the year after that. We wouldn't have done ANY of this if we each owed a year's salary in students loans.

Todays' young couples are getting married later, having families later, and not buying their first homes until after age 30. Generation X kids got married and bought their first homes later than the Boomers, and the Millenians are doing later than Gen X. They're and living in their parents' basements for years after graduation because of student debt. At the same time in life that we were being good little consumers, buying cars, houses, furniture, applicances, and starting our families, these kids are sitting in their basements paying off students loans that more than they earn in a year.

Massachusetts University is $15,698 for locals, $33,624 for Domestic tuition. Clemson is $15,588 for locals, and $36,427 for Domestic tuition. Michigan state is $14,460 for locals, $39,766 domestic. Not much difference between the three for locals. Massachusetts is the cheapest for out of state, even though one would think that the cost of living in Greenville would be much lower than either Amherst, or Lansing.

But the University of Indianapolis - one of those flyover states you said keeps tuition cheap for the locals, has no local rate and charges all students $36,020. Putting the lie to your idea that the fly over states make higher much more affordable education affordable. Having said that, Iowa State is much lower cost - $9316 for locals and $24,504 for Domestic.

The larger problem is that with the exception of #3, Michigan State, most of these schools aren't very highly ranked, even among public universities. Indiana State, Texas A&M, the University of Minnesota, and the University of Massachusetts are all tied for #26 in public universities, and they're the highest ranked of these state schools. Clemson is No. 30. Iowa is #33.
It's because AzogtheDefiler doesn't base anything on facts, just his demented and extreme far rightwing ideology.

At age 23 that was 1880. UMASS is $30k if you include fees and housing. I live here. Stop your bullshit. Acceptance rate at Clemson is 50% and 65% at UMASS so Clemson is the better school. Are you ever not a complete buffoon?

I didn't specify state or private. Check my posts. I'm talking about the principle. Something you severely lack.
Biden can’t waive the tuition to private universities.
That doesn’t make any sense. That’s like stating I can get free groceries.

It's because AzogtheDefiler doesn't base anything on facts, just his demented and extreme far rightwing ideology.

Clemson: The 2021 incoming Freshman class came out of an admissions season with a 51.3% rate of acceptance, while the projection for 2022's acceptance rate is projected to be 45.8%, the lowest in five years, reflecting an overall trend along with an unusually high number of applicants.

UMASS - Roughly 60% of all students which applied were accepted at UMass Amherst, and from those that were granted acceptance around 21% continued on to attend. Based on historical acceptance rate data, the projected UMass Amherst acceptance rate 2021 is estimated to be 57%.

Dragonlady is a complete idiot and you believed her because you are too

Thank you for sharing your story, sincerely. Thank you also for pointing out to myself the corrections on comparative educations from different institutions. I go back to what I said originally. Parents and students need to be smart about taking on college debt; just because it’s there doesn’t mean you need to take it all. The sense of entitlement has got to go. If you want to work in social work and the best school is private, far away, and costs $60k per year so you can get a $40k job, maybe you need to go to the state local schools and commute and pay loans while the wealthy peer up the street can have his or her family burn $260k over 4 years so he/she can get that $40k job per year. That’s what I’m talking about…… the envy and entitlement factors need to be removed and fiscal responsibility needs to kick in. The American taxpayer does not want to be on the hook for envy and entitlement.

At age 23 that was 1880. UMASS is $30k if you include fees and housing. I live here. Stop your bullshit. Acceptance rate at Clemson is 50% and 65% at UMASS so Clemson is the better school. Are you ever not a complete buffoon?

I didn’t rank the schools USA today did. And the rates I quoted are correct as of today.

Yes I know you say you live in Boston but so much of what you say About your personal life simply doesn’t add up. Especially the small business owner and post 60 times a day for free on a message board during his peak earning years.

Clemson: The 2021 incoming Freshman class came out of an admissions season with a 51.3% rate of acceptance, while the projection for 2022's acceptance rate is projected to be 45.8%, the lowest in five years, reflecting an overall trend along with an unusually high number of applicants.

UMASS - Roughly 60% of all students which applied were accepted at UMass Amherst, and from those that were granted acceptance around 21% continued on to attend. Based on historical acceptance rate data, the projected UMass Amherst acceptance rate 2021 is estimated to be 57%.

Dragonlady is a complete idiot and you believed her because you are too

Apparently you didn’t read my post. I didn’t talk about acceptance rates and I really don’t give a rats ass about acceptance rates. I talked about the price of tuition both locally and domestically. And the universities ranking as a second post secondary education institution

Not once did I mention acceptance rates so how am I lying, fool?

This is why I don’t believe that you’re any kind of businessman because you don’t have the brains God gave a goose

Apparently you didn’t read my post. I didn’t talk about acceptance rates and I really don’t give a rats ass about acceptance rates. I talked about the price of tuition both locally and domestically. And the universities ranking as a second post secondary education institution

Not once did I mention acceptance rates so how am I lying, fool?

This is why I don’t believe that you’re any kind of businessman because you don’t have the brains God gave a goose
He's trying to push his ideology over the facts. That's what he's doing.

Biden can’t waive the tuition to private universities.
That doesn’t make any sense. That’s like stating I can get free groceries.

Biden isn't talking about private universities. He specifically stated "public universities and community colleges".
He could give vouchers for private universities like the government does with charter schools in lower grades. The risk there is the private schools could simply raise tuition, and the students would be no better off.

I didn’t rank the schools USA today did. And the rates I quoted are correct as of today.

Yes I know you say you live in Boston but so much of what you say About your personal life simply doesn’t add up. Especially the small business owner and post 60 times a day for free on a message board during his peak earning years.
I can post 300x per day. As I am doing right now. I posted from right now. Clemson has a lower acceptance rate, that makes it harder to get into yet it costs 50% of what UMASS costs for in state students, how do you explain that?

Keep dogging my posts with your bullshit and I'll continue to dismantled your idiocy.

The domestic rate $36,427, which was included in my post which you clearly didn't read. That would include housing and meals.

Acceptance rates are irrelevant and are not indicators as to which is the better school. Ranking is based on:
  • the Quality of the Graduates - Nobel prize winners and Fields medal winners who graduated from the school
  • the Quality of the Faculty - Staff of an institution winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals
    Highly cited researchers in 21 broad subject categories
  • Research output on a per capita basis; and
  • Per capita performance of the institution.

I can do this all day asshole. We're back in lockdown

I can post 300x per day. As I am doing right now. I posted from right now. Clemson has a lower acceptance rate, that makes it harder to get into yet it costs 50% of what UMASS costs for in state students, how do you explain that?

Clemson costs the same as UMASS. It's $36,550 for out of state students, and UMASS. UMASS is $36,427. The local rates are $15,558 for Clemson, and $16,429 for UMASS

UMASS TUITION

I've already posted the criteria for ranking the universities, with links, none of which so much as mentioned "acceptance rates".

Keep dogging my posts. I'm in lockdown again. I have nothing but time.

Forum List

Back