Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

For what? For stating their opinion. I thought you were for free speech? Nothing in that latter was classified. It was the opinion of former intelligence people, that's it. Opinions are like a holes, yadda, yadda, yadda, remember?
Because they were "former intelligence officials" their opinions were given the weight of truth, Fork and we now know that opinion was dead wrong. The lap top was genuine and it's contents paint an ugly picture of the Biden family cashing in on influence peddling on a global scale! If it were you and I? Our opinions would mean little. Because it was THEIR opinions it allowed Joe Biden to claim in that last debate that the lap top was Russian propaganda when we both know that Joe knew very well that it was not!
Their conduct needs to investigated because they used their former positions to deliberately LIE to the American people and influence a Presidential election! That isn't "free speech"...that's collusion.

So I ask again. How did those 50 individuals get together to sign a letter like that right before the election? Who set that up, Fork? Was it the Biden campaign? If it was...do you have a problem with that?
Why do you insist it had to be set-up? You think 50 people who know each other can't sign an open letter they all agree with, that one of them put together?

As to your question. It very much depends I think. Is it something they genuinely believe or is it something they are asked to say in order to get the media to back off? If the former it's OK, if the latter ethically very questionable. I don't condone lying, even if the lie helps me. As I said context matters.

Last edited:
First of all. The media who you claim is "looking at their fingernails" where the first to report this. (it broke on CBS) Every news outlet I've seen is reporting this. So no their is no bias in play here.

Second. I know why you guys want to tout this as some great opportunity to paint this as a whataboutism. But this will only work outside the court. There is a big difference between having secret documents that you voluntarily give to NARA. That they weren't even aware they were missing until The White House themselves told them. Making trying to paint it as a fiendish plot kind of hard. I've never seen a plot were the plotter says "hey this is what I did" without prompting.

And fighting with NARA to the point it results in a search warrant in order to NOT give the documents.

Thirdly. The absolute most you can hope for is "two wrongs make a right", something that is a problem with whataboutisms and something that any responsible person tells any 5 year old is a wrong way to look at things.

So please keep up the handwringing. The only thing you are doing is committing 2 logical fallacies. A false equivalancy in order to make an appeal to hypocrisy.
They only broke it first because they see the political winds changing for Biden and they dont want to get caught on the wrong side of this when it all comes crashing down. They have been lying and covering for Biden for 2 years, so forgive us if we dont care that they broke the story. It doesnt let them off the hook for everything else.

First of all. The media who you claim is "looking at their fingernails" where the first to report this. (it broke on CBS) Every news outlet I've seen is reporting this. So no their is no bias in play here.

Second. I know why you guys want to tout this as some great opportunity to paint this as a whataboutism. But this will only work outside the court. There is a big difference between having secret documents that you voluntarily give to NARA. That they weren't even aware they were missing until The White House themselves told them. Making trying to paint it as a fiendish plot kind of hard. I've never seen a plot were the plotter says "hey this is what I did" without prompting.

And fighting with NARA to the point it results in a search warrant in order to NOT give the documents.

Thirdly. The absolute most you can hope for is "two wrongs make a right", something that is a problem with whataboutisms and something that any responsible person tells any 5 year old is a wrong way to look at things.

So please keep up the handwringing. The only thing you are doing is committing 2 logical fallacies. A false equivalancy in order to make an appeal to hypocrisy.
Biden didnt "voluntarily" give documents to anyone. Dont go spreading that disinformation. His lawyer found them and then immediately reported it. Biden wasnt cooperating, he got caught. BIG difference.

Your link says he was appointed in 2017 by trump. Trump appointed Democrats for US Attorneys? Somehow, I doubt that.

Republican ... Democrat ... Nah ... Establishment.

It's kind of interesting you put it the way you did ... He wasn't appointed by Former President Trump, he was nominated ...
And was confirmed by the Establishment under Senator McConnell.

And ... If you were wondering where the once United States Attorney for the District of Maryland ...
Disappeared to when he left that position in February of 2021 ... You would have found out Robert Hur has been working for Gibson Dunn Law Firm ever since.

And ... Who are Gibson Dunn ... Oh, you might have heard of some of the cases they have handled, like ...

They argued the case for soon to be President Bush in the Supreme Court in 2000
They settled the dispute between Mark Zuckerberg and Paul Ceglia
They argued the case for Governor Christie in the Lane Closure Scandal
They represented Viacom in a lawsuit against Google and YouTube
They represented CNN and Jim Acosta in a lawsuit against Former President Trump

I am not really sure what all that should tell you ...
But I don't think Special Counsel Hur is swimming in the "kiddie pool" you were talking about ... :auiqs.jpg:

Because they were "former intelligence officials" their opinions were given the weight of truth, Fork and we now know that opinion was dead wrong. The lap top was genuine and it's contents paint an ugly picture of the Biden family cashing in on influence peddling on a global scale! If it were you and I? Our opinions would mean little. Because it was THEIR opinions it allowed Joe Biden to claim in that last debate that the lap top was Russian propaganda when we both know that Joe knew very well that it was not!
Their conduct needs to investigated because they used their former positions to deliberately LIE to the American people and influence a Presidential election! That isn't "free speech"...that's collusion.
Who says it was deliberate? This is again something you are inferring. Just because an opinion is wrong doesn't mean you didn't believe it at the time you said it. My opinions have been wrong on plenty of occasions, that doesn't mean I was lying, it simply meant I was wrong.

What statute do you think they violated even if they did lie? They weren't under oath. In order to investigate someone, you have to be able to articulate a crime.

Oldestyle, can you please make the effort to try to question what it is you actually know and what you suspect, however strongly. I hate to hammer this point so much, because you have been a pleasant person to talk too, but it is a trap you keep on falling into. As I said I understand that it is a genuinely hard concept for most people to comprehend but it is vital if you want to form an objective opinion on anything.

Why do you insist it had to be set-up? You think 50 people who know each other can't sign an open letter they all agree with that one of them put together?

As to your question. It very much depends I think. Is it something they genuinely believe or is it something they are asked to say in order to get the media to back off? If the former it's OK, if the latter ethically very questionable. I don't condone lying, even if the lie helps me. As I said context matters.
You really think those 50 people BELIEVED the lap top was Russian disinformation, Fork? If that's really the case then our country is in serious trouble with our intelligence agencies being run by incompetent people! I find that hard to believe quite honestly...I think that 50 intelligent people made a decision to deliberately lie so that Donald Trump would not be reelected. The question REMAINS...who set that up? Someone was the organizer of that. You don't get 50 people together to do anything without some sort of organization. So who was it?

Biden didnt "voluntarily" give documents to anyone. Dont go spreading that disinformation. His lawyer found them and then immediately reported it. Biden wasnt cooperating, he got caught. BIG difference.

The lawyers most likely all went over the check out the Corvette.

"Wow Joe, nice car. Hey, what's this"?

Nah. Donny was tainted long before that, particularly by Donny, himself.
When 2024 election arrives all of the Prog candidates will be globalist and war mongers. Most of the Republicans running will be the same. So, if you tell me if Trump was guilty of all these accusations than the United States is done. The United States is a free and sovereign nation asper the Constitution people keep harping on. We just are not run that way.

Who says it was deliberate? This is again something you are inferring. Just because an opinion is wrong doesn't mean you didn't believe it at the time you said it. My opinions have been wrong on plenty of occasions, that doesn't mean I was lying, it simply meant I was wrong.

What statute do you think they violated even if they did lie? They weren't under oath. In order to investigate someone, you have to be able to articulate a crime.

Oldestyle, can you please make the effort to try to question what it is you actually know and what you suspect, however strongly. I hate to hammer this point so much, because you have been a pleasant person to talk too, but it is a trap you keep on falling into. As I said I understand that is a genuinely hard concept for most people to comprehend but it is vital if you want to form an objective opinion on anything.
I'm not inferring that it was deliberate. I'm stating that I think it was deliberate. I don't think men like Clapper, Brennan and Panetta are stupid. I don't think they're clueless. I think they know what's going on around them. I think they were well aware of what kind of person Hunter Biden was LONG before Joe Biden became President!

You really think those 50 people BELIEVED the lap top was Russian disinformation, Fork? If that's really the case then our country is in serious trouble with our intelligence agencies being run by incompetent people! I find that hard to believe quite honestly...I think that 50 intelligent people made a decision to deliberately lie so that Donald Trump would not be reelected. The question REMAINS...who set that up? Someone was the organizer of that. You don't get 50 people together to do anything without some sort of organization. So who was it?
Let me see. A laptop that just so happens to belong to the president's son, that he just so happens doesn't pick back up, just so happens to end up in the hands of Rudy Guiliani, who then leaks it to the New York post. Whatever would give anyone the idea that the information is probably fake? (sarcasm by the way if it's not clear.)

I'm not inferring that it was deliberate. I'm stating that I think it was deliberate. I don't think men like Clapper, Brennan and Panetta are stupid. I don't think they're clueless. I think they know what's going on around them. I think they were well aware of what kind of person Hunter Biden was LONG before Joe Biden became President!
because they used their former positions to deliberately LIE to the American people
This is not a statement of what you think. This is an assertion to what you said happened. If you misstated that I understand but it is a pet peeve of mine.

Let me see. A laptop that just so happens to belong to the president's son, that he just so happens doesn't pick back up, just so happens to end up in the hands of Rudy Guiliani, who then leaks it to the New York post. Whatever would give anyone the idea that the information is probably fake? (sarcasm by the way if it's not clear.)
The lap top ended up in the hands of the FBI, Fork and they did NOTHING with it!

Do you really think that the leaders of our intelligence services didn't know EXACTLY what Hunter Biden has been doing? Come on...don't be naive!

This is not a statement of what you think. This is an assertion to what you said happened. If you misstated that I understand but it is a pet peeve of mine.
This is exactly a statement of what I think. I'd like to see if my thinking is backed up by the facts but that's not going to happen until Hunter Biden and the Biden family are subjected to a REAL investigation! That would appear to be coming now.

The lap top ended up in the hands of the FBI, Fork and they did NOTHING with it!

Do you really think that the leaders of our intelligence services didn't know EXACTLY what Hunter Biden has been doing? Come on...don't be naive!
You think FORMER intelligence people have that information handy? I suggest the former part kind of gives the game away don't you think? Not that I think the FBI actually had a comprehensive picture.

WASHINGTON – Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed a special counsel, Robert Hur, on Thursday to further review the handling of classified documents found at a former office space used by President Joe Biden and at his Wilmington, Delaware, home.

Hur is a former U.S. attorney in Maryland who will return to the government from private practice in Washington. Hur, who also served as a principal associate deputy attorney general during the Trump administration, is expected to begin work in the coming days, according to a senior Justice Department official who was not authorized to comment publicly.

Comment:
I do not trust these dirty lying Democrats to investigate themselves.
You shouldn't, especially Hur:

Who Is Merrick Garland’s Special Counsel Robert Hur? …He Partnered with Chris Wray at DC Law Firm and Later Was Rod Rosenstein’s Top Lieutenant​

Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump​

The irony being Repubs are in the process of overplaying their hand.

This is exactly a statement of what I think. I'd like to see if my thinking is backed up by the facts but that's not going to happen until Hunter Biden and the Biden family are subjected to a REAL investigation! That would appear to be coming now.
You keep on harping on this family Biden thing. But I don't really see it. I'm sorry but some reference to the "big guy" getting some money doesn't form an actual basis for any type of investigation. It is vague and completely devoid of context.

You think FORMER intelligence people have that information handy? I suggest the former part kind of gives the game away don't you think? Not that I think the FBI actually had a comprehensive picture.
With all due respect, Fork? I think every major intelligence service in the world knew all about Hunter Biden and his influence peddling. If they didn't then they'd be AWFUL at their jobs! I think that Brennan and Clapper knew EXACTLY what Hunter was up to and who he was doing it with! They would have known about his addictions to drugs and prostitutes. THAT would have been part of their jobs as intelligence chiefs!

Republican ... Democrat ... Nah ... Establishment.

It's kind of interesting you put it the way you did ... He wasn't appointed by Former President Trump, he was nominated ...
And was confirmed by the Establishment under Senator McConnell.

And ... If you were wondering where the once United States Attorney for the District of Maryland ...
Disappeared to when he left that position in February of 2021 ... You would have found out Robert Hur has been working for Gibson Dunn Law Firm ever since.

And ... Who are Gibson Dunn ... Oh, you might have heard of some of the cases they have handled, like ...

They argued the case for soon to be President Bush in the Supreme Court in 2000
They settled the dispute between Mark Zuckerberg and Paul Ceglia
They argued the case for Governor Christie in the Lane Closure Scandal
They represented Viacom in a lawsuit against Google and YouTube
They represented CNN and Jim Acosta in a lawsuit against Former President Trump

I am not really sure what all that should tell you ...
But I don't think Special Counsel Hur is swimming in the "kiddie pool" you were talking about ... :auiqs.jpg:

Never said he was. I was more or less pointing out he should have enough republican cred.

Forum List

Back