Biden VP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Booker is the one i'd rather see running things behind the scenes, while Joe plays choo-choo engineer.

Trumps choice in decorations show what a poor person would imagine rich people live like.

your desperation is making you even more stupid

Not as stupid as someone who thinks those decorations signify “class”

not all of us have the same tastes. Ever been in a muslim house, or a mexican house, or a house in Africa, or one in the lower ninth ward in New Orleans?

like I said, you get more demented with each new post, are you trying to copy Biden?

I have. What's the point? Rump is from friggin QUEENS.

so you consider yourself superior to people from queens? typical dem/lib asshole.

So you consider your strawmen as real? Typical fallacious asshole. And btw I made no reference to "myself". That's Rump's gig.

I've never been to Queens. Are you saying all the homes look like THAT?

Last edited:
What a stupid comment, We should be aware of everything that every candidate does or says. Did you wonder about Hillary when she fell up stairs, fell into her plane, had a seisure at the convention?

I want every candidate to have a complete physical and mental evaluation by an unbiased medical facility and the results made public. Do you agree?

Yup, Trump first.

sure, lets do it. Get the DNC on board, I want Biden, Hillary, Waters, and Bernie tested right after Trump and I want all the results made public. Do you?
I’d love to see it...

My money says Trump would back out and blame the Democrats

He has actually already had such an exam and the results have been made public.

Biden is nest, then Bernie, then maybe crazy Nancy and crying Chuck

The results that were made public were the ones Rump wrote himself as "astonishingly excellent".

Your original idea however was for, quote, "an unbiased medical facility".

can you prove that the results he published were false? Where are Biden's, should be easy since his wife is a doctor. How about a statement from Bernie's cardiologist?

but I fully support having all candidates screened by an unbiased qualified medical facility and the results made public. Which democrats support that? give me their names.

You would receive a bill for the amount not covered by insurance. If you could not, or would not, pay the bill would be submitted to medicaid or some charity for payment, it still unpaid it would be written off by the hospital and the hospital would book a financial loss for tax purposes (not a real loss because the amount billed always exceeds the actual cost of providing the treatment, but a tax loss).

Do you actually think that hospitals collect from illegals who get treatment?

as to the ER, yes, they will ask if you have insurance or medicaid or medicare. If you don't you will still receive treatment and if you don't pay they will write if off. Its always been that way. Those of us that pay cover those who can't or won't. None of that would change under medicare for all, except that the quality of care would go down and everyone's taxes would go up significantly, even the 50% who currently pay no taxes.

it would be written off by the hospital and the hospital would book a financial loss for tax purposes (not a real loss because the amount billed always exceeds the actual cost of providing the treatment, but a tax loss).

The only losses they can write off are "real losses".

I think we have been down this road. You don't understand the tax code.

If the tax code means charging you $200,000 for a $50,000 procedure and claiming a net $100,000 loss, when I write your bill down by $100,000....instead of claiming a $50,000 gain ($100,000 revenue - $50,000 expense)

Then you're right, I don't understand YOUR tax code.

Feel free to post IRS info that backs your claim. Or not. Again.

OK for the last time.

the hospital creates a bill for 250K, it is submitted to your insurance carrier or medicare/medicaid. the hospital is paid 75K and shows a net loss of 175K, it doesn't matter what they actually spent on your treatment (for IRS purposes). Its not complicated.

another example. you go to a department store and buy $200 worth of clothes, and put it on a store credit card. Then you don't pay the bill when it comes in. The store records a loss of $200. It doesn't matter for tax purposes, that they only paid their supplier $50 for the clothes.

the hospital creates a bill for 250K, it is submitted to your insurance carrier or medicare/medicaid. the hospital is paid 75K and shows a net loss of 175K, it doesn't matter what they actually spent on your treatment (for IRS purposes). Its not complicated.

Wow. So wrong.

Ok, use cash accounting, they spent $50,000 on your treatment and insurance pays $75,000.

That's a $25,000 net profit. They'll owe taxes on $25,000.

View attachment 311725

Cash Basis Accounting vs. Accrual Accounting | Bench Accounting

Use accrual accounting, they spent $50,000 on your treatment and bill the insurance company $250,000.
If they expect the insurance company will pay in full, they book a profit of $200,000. They'll owe taxes on $200,000.

If the insurance only pays $75,000 the hospital will write-off the uncollectible $175,000 and this reduces net profit from $200,000 to $25,000. Now they owe taxes on $25,000.

View attachment 311731

Allowance for Doubtful Accounts and Bad Debt Expenses | Cornell University Division of Financial Affairs

To prevent wild swings in reported income, the hospital will probably set up a reserve for every bill they submit to that insurance company. If they expect to collect 40% of each bill, they would record the $50,000 expense and $100,000 of income ($250,000 receivable minus the $150,000 in the allowance [or reserve or contra] account)

Initially they report $50,000 net profit.

If they only receive $75,000 they will first reduce the contra account from $150,000 down to zero. No change yet to income. Now they need to also write-off the remaining uncollectible amount of $25,000.
This reduces the initial reported profit of $50,000 down to $25,000.

Both methods, cash and accrual, give the identical taxable result, they owe taxes on $25,000.

Neither result will ever give a loss of $175,000 for tax purposes.

Never, ever, ever.

I hope you've never submitted a corporate return using your faulty understanding. Seriously
Haven't had 2nd semester college accounting in 40 years plus, but that sounded extremely familiar, logical and broken down to 7th grade level. Nice job, Toddster.

not all of us have the same tastes. Ever been in a muslim house, or a mexican house, or a house in Africa, or one in the lower ninth ward in New Orleans?

like I said, you get more demented with each new post, are you trying to copy Biden?

I have. What's the point? Rump is from friggin QUEENS.

so you consider yourself superior to people from queens? typical dem/lib asshole.

So you consider your strawmen as real? Typical fallacious asshole.

I've never been to Queens. Are you saying all the homes look like THAT?

I have no idea, you brought it up-------------------------asshole

The orange crap is juvenile
So is the massive comb over and odd hair coloring
So is his insistence that his wives get boob jobs and massive amounts of plastic surgery

Points to a superficial person

Doesn't get much more superficial than this ---

ttrump5_copy_web.jpg

Member when Rump hired a shill to bid on a painting just so he could send this tweet?

trump60k.jpg

Again, see post 756, add it to the never-ending list.

Basically another manifestation of
source.gif
Trumps choice in decorations show what a poor person would imagine rich people live like.

And some of us have no taste

His Trump Tower apartment decorations look like a 19th century whore house

Biden needs two things in a Vice President
Someone who can deliver swing states
Given Biden would only serve one term and is quite old, someone who can step in as President.

The Biden veepstakes

1. Liz Warren: Name recognition, solidifies liberal wing
2. Amy Klobuchar: Can deliver key Midwest votes
3. Kamala Harris: Impressive speaker, black vote
4. Corey Booker: Articulate and passionate, black vote
5. Stacey Abrams: Georgia, black vote
6. Gov Lujan Grisham of New Mexico: little known, Hispanic vote
Since the Democratic Party is the party of identity politics, just as Obama balanced his ticket by choosing an old white man with a history of middle class racism, to balance his ticket, Biden will need a black, hispanic, homosexual Islamic woman. Omar probably swings both ways so if she can speak Spanish, she might get the job.
Nothing wrong with a balanced ticket

Republicans only run white, Christian males
And the Democrats have a Catholic and an anti semitic Jew running for the nomination, but both old white men.
Republicans have never had a Catholic or a Jew on the ticket.

Paul Ryan though?

Course, that was 84 years after Al Smith broke through.

I remember being astonished as a child in 1960 that there was such a thing even still then as anti-Catholicism. Smith had the Klan running a national smear campaign against him for that reason.

it would be written off by the hospital and the hospital would book a financial loss for tax purposes (not a real loss because the amount billed always exceeds the actual cost of providing the treatment, but a tax loss).

If the tax code means charging you $200,000 for a $50,000 procedure and claiming a net $100,000 loss, when I write your bill down by $100,000....instead of claiming a $50,000 gain ($100,000 revenue - $50,000 expense)

OK for the last time.

another example. you go to a department store and buy $200 worth of clothes, and put it on a store credit card. Then you don't pay the bill when it comes in. The store records a loss of $200. It doesn't matter for tax purposes, that they only paid their supplier $50 for the clothes.

Wow. So wrong.

Ok, use cash accounting, they spent $50,000 on your treatment and insurance pays $75,000.

View attachment 311725

Use accrual accounting, they spent $50,000 on your treatment and bill the insurance company $250,000.
If they expect the insurance company will pay in full, they book a profit of $200,000. They'll owe taxes on $200,000.

If the insurance only pays $75,000 the hospital will write-off the uncollectible $175,000 and this reduces net profit from $200,000 to $25,000. Now they owe taxes on $25,000.

View attachment 311731

Allowance for Doubtful Accounts and Bad Debt Expenses | Cornell University Division of Financial Affairs

To prevent wild swings in reported income, the hospital will probably set up a reserve for every bill they submit to that insurance company. If they expect to collect 40% of each bill, they would record the $50,000 expense and $100,000 of income ($250,000 receivable minus the $150,000 in the allowance [or reserve or contra] account)

If they only receive $75,000 they will first reduce the contra account from $150,000 down to zero. No change yet to income. Now they need to also write-off the remaining uncollectible amount of $25,000.

Both methods, cash and accrual, give the identical taxable result, they owe taxes on $25,000.

Never, ever, ever.

I hope you've never submitted a corporate return using your faulty understanding. Seriously
Haven't had 2nd semester college accounting in 40 years plus, but that sounded extremely familiar, logical and broken down to 7th grade level. Nice job, Toddster.

a P&L statement and a tax return are two completely different things. I guess you will just refuse to understand basic tax accounting.

In your example how is the bad debt addressed? the difference between the amount billed and the amount collected.

Given Biden would only serve one term and is quite old, someone who can step in as President.

The Biden veepstakes

Since the Democratic Party is the party of identity politics, just as Obama balanced his ticket by choosing an old white man with a history of middle class racism, to balance his ticket, Biden will need a black, hispanic, homosexual Islamic woman. Omar probably swings both ways so if she can speak Spanish, she might get the job.

And the Democrats have a Catholic and an anti semitic Jew running for the nomination, but both old white men.

Paul Ryan though?

I remember being astonished as a child in 1960 that there was such a thing even still then as anti-Catholicism. Smith had the Klan running a national smear campaign against him for that reason.

and in those days the KKK was all democrats.

OK for the last time.

Wow. So wrong.

View attachment 311725

View attachment 311731

Never, ever, ever.

but he still has it wrong

In 2016, that was true, and it will be in 2020.

But in the past that wasn't always true.

And it probably likely in the future as Ivanka, a Jewish broad, is one of the 2024 frontrunners.

Republicans have only run one candidate for President or VP who was not white, Protestant and male.

Dems have run nine

You are incorrect.

Besides Mrs. Palin, you have Mitt Romney whose dad was born in Mexico and McCain who was Panamanian.

Calling a Mormon like Romney a "Protestant" isn't accurate, nor would be calling a Unitarian like Taft a "Protestant".

And of course, the GOP nominated and elected the first Indian ever for the Vice Presidency, Charles Curtis of Kansas.
McCain was not a Panamanian he was a Navy brat

Romney was a Mormon who is non Protestant.

Fun fact: Romney's father was born in a very wonderful place in Mexico.

No, this is real this time.

Paul Ryan though?

During Al Smith’s day, the KKK had a strong presence in Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and NJ

They were Republicans

Are you saying that if I or my husband were to go to a doctor to have a procedure done that I then wouldn’t have to pay the remainder of the bill after insurance? Millions of middle class people like me certainly would have bills from any medical procedure done after co pays and insurance and such. I know that anybody can go into an ER and receive care and if you are legitimately poor or homeless or what have you that arrangements could potentially be made but for millions of working middle class people, even those with private insurance, will have to pay small to large medical bills depending on the service and many of those middle class people do in fact put off medical issues because of that expected cost. You have to know that, right?
Millions of working people have to make decisions. Pay the rent or get that medical procedure you have been putting off? Should you buy food or take a half dose of your medication to make it last? Dental care? Can’t afford it.

Other countries look at us in shock

the dem parrot speaks. geez winger, do you enjoy being the laughing stock of USMB?
You failed to address my post

How are working Americans supposed to cover catastrophic medical expenses. And no, a magic genie does not step in and pay them.

I would even go a little simpler actually. Take a fairly basic injury. So for example if I were to go for a trail run and I step in a hole and sprain my ankle really badly (I actually did this to myself last year). It hurts badly, it’s swollen, you thought you heard a pop, but you don’t know if it’s just sprained or possibly fractured in some way. There are millions of people that would tell themselves to stay home and rest it and give it a few days because going to the ER means an expensive bill for something that could easily just be a sprain. In this case I chose to stay home and after a day or two it was feeling better, but it could have very well been broken and I would have had no choice but to suck it up and go to the ER or my primary care physician and most likely would have cost a few hundred dollars, possibly more, for the visit and x ray even with insurance. Most middle class Americans that go to the ER or to a doctor aren’t skipping out on the bill or relying on charity. They are trying to think of ways to afford to pay the bill on top of everting else.

Another example would be a normal middle class family that has their small child fall and break an arm. They have to bring the kid to the ER and they will have to get the child’s arm fixed. It’s a necessary medical need that when all is said and done will probably cost them over a thousand dollars even with insurance. In this case no parent will keep their kid home with a broken arm and so you know they expect to go to the doctor and spent the money, but how many middle class families will then

ttrump5_copy_web.jpg

Member when Rump hired a shill to bid on a painting just so he could send this tweet?

trump60k.jpg

source.gif

I do interior design as a side job. I’ll take care of it :)

I think Buttigieg and Klobuchar are two very strong possibilities. They have the most in common with Biden's political philosophy, in my opinion. Warren is not likable. Abrams is nuts. Booker is a clown. I don't agree that Hispanics will flock to Biden in any greater number than normal simply because he picks a Hispanic VP. I don't know why white people keep thinking the only thing minorities care about is the color of the candidate's skin. As if jobs, the economy, education, health care, etc. somehow don't matter to us.

What makes Abrams “nuts”?

Have you heard her speak? she is a certified moron. The voters of Georgia saw that. But I guess being a black female overrides the need to be intelligent and cogent.

Yes. Unlike Trump she uses actual words, doesn’t sniff or slur her speech and articulates her position clearly.

then I suggest that you write her name in on your ballot for president. Geez, you just become more idiotic with each new post.

Why would I do that? You really have no cogent arguments do you? When challenged you just revert to “yeah, well, why don’t you just (fill in the childish blank)”. Should I just kiss her if I lover her so much? Are you 10?

since you seem to like her more than the others, writing her in seems appropriate. But I really don't care how you vote.

Trump is going to be reelected in a landslide against old senile Joe and whoever his picks for his VP

In 2016, that was true, and it will be in 2020.

But in the past that wasn't always true.

And it probably likely in the future as Ivanka, a Jewish broad, is one of the 2024 frontrunners.

Republicans have only run one candidate for President or VP who was not white, Protestant and male.

Dems have run nine

I believe one of them checked all three boxes.

so meeting some vague diversity quota is more important than the best person in the job? Did Ben Carson get where he is because of race? how about Condi Rice?

Irrelevant. I proffered no value judgments or causation fallacies; I simply noted that one of them checked all three boxes.
Do you know which one?

Edit -- upon further review only two boxes. But still, the same one.

Obama was also gay, to you can give him credit for that.

ttrump5_copy_web.jpg

trump60k.jpg

source.gif

thats your opinion, and we all know that opinions are like assholes, especially in your case

The Biden veepstakes

Paul Ryan though?

The Klan, of course , were Democrats, and that posed a problem for Mr. Smith. The GOP took advantage of the situation by nominating the first Person of Color as their Vice Presidential candidate

Paul Ryan though?

During Al Smith’s day, the KKK had a strong presence in Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and NJ

They were Republicans

yes, there were a few assholes in those states as well and some had an R. But the vast majority of KKK members were democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back