Biden Won't Reverse All Of Trump's Foreign Policy. Here's What He'll Keep

New presidents do not routinely Break agreements, withdraw from treaties, undo EVERYTHING their predecessor did. They don’t. They change some things, but most are aware that American policy, whether foreign or domestic needs some sort of reliability and continuity.

I pointed out in this that Biden felt Trump’s initiatives in the ME were worth preserving and building on.

Did Trump do that with his predecessor?

Nope - If Obama done it, it HAD to go!

remember.jpg

It's also worthwhile to point out that Biden, UNLIKE Trump, isn't out to destroy everything his predecessor did just to destroy it.

Yeah??? What do you make of this list?

These are the executive orders Biden has signed in first nine days in office | TheHill

Or those in Erins link ^^^ from CNN.

The difference between Biden and Trump destroying everything his predecessor did.......is that Trump did so over 4 years. Same with Obama undoing Bush, and on down the line. Biden has destroyed the country in a matter of days........and he's just getting started.

Good job, I hope you're proud of yourself.

What is actually wrong with those executive orders? Trump, unlike his predecessors, did almost NOTHING through legislation. In four years, even with a friendly Congress, almost everything was done through Executive Order.

And unlike his predecessors - Trump went through a storm of EO's during his lame duck period, something unheard of. He left a mess for his successor to undo. This break with norms is of course normal for Trump. But why are people suddenly whining about EO's when they had no trouble with it when Trump did it?

When you look at just numbers...first four years
Clinton 200
G.W. Bush 173
Obama 147
Trump 220

Trump significantly increased them. But here the OP is bitching about Biden's 30?

Meh.

One more time..........the problematic difference is the number of EO's in YEARS vs Bidens EO's in DAYS......especially after he himself complained the government can't be run on EO'S.

And Coyote......hun......do you need a vacation? Or maybe see a DR??? And I'm being as straight and honest as I can be here, as a woman to woman with NO political jabs whatsoever.......BUT you do realize YOU are the OP here?????

It's also worthwhile to point out that Biden, UNLIKE Trump, isn't out to destroy everything his predecessor did just to destroy it.

These are the executive orders Biden has signed in first nine days in office | TheHill

The difference between Biden and Trump destroying everything his predecessor did.......is that Trump did so over 4 years. Same with Obama undoing Bush, and on down the line. Biden has destroyed the country in a matter of days........and he's just getting started.

What is actually wrong with those executive orders? Trump, unlike his predecessors, did almost NOTHING through legislation. In four years, even with a friendly Congress, almost everything was done through Executive Order.

And unlike his predecessors - Trump went through a storm of EO's during his lame duck period, something unheard of. He left a mess for his successor to undo. This break with norms is of course normal for Trump. But why are people suddenly whining about EO's when they had no trouble with it when Trump did it?

When you look at just numbers...first four years
Clinton 200
G.W. Bush 173
Obama 147
Trump 220

Trump significantly increased them. But here the OP is bitching about Biden's 30?

Meh.

One more time..........the problematic difference is the number of EO's in YEARS vs Bidens EO's in DAYS......especially after he himself complained the government can't be run on EO'S.

And Coyote......hun......do you need a vacation? Or maybe see a DR??? And I'm being as straight and honest as I can be here, as a woman to woman with NO political jabs whatsoever.......BUT you do realize YOU are the OP here?????

:lol:

you are right sheesh - I was thinking about another thread complaining about EO's when I wrote that.

Disagree though - that the number he made in days matters unless it extends to a huge number over four years. Part of Biden's problem is he his administration is starting in the midst of multiple crisis that need to be acted on.

But you admire him (Biden) of rolling back and destroying Trumps edict of LOWER MED COSTS, like insulin, right? That's just okey dokey to you, right?

That's not what happened Gracie. That EO that Trump signed didn't lower medical costs. That was a lie. Trump did that a lot.
Your s liar.

This is one of the very few things I think Trump deserves credit for...taking a very different approach (one might say "transactional" from a business perspective) towards the Middle East peace process. While I do not agree with how he has treated the Palestinians, I DO agree with the approach to the various Arab states to recognize Israel. That's a big plus in the overall stabilization in that region.

It's out of Trump's and Biden's hands as almost the entire Arab world now wants business deals with Israel.
Yes, Iran, Iraq as still full of crazies and Syria is a battleground in and of itself.
Turkey will eventually cave in and join the rest of the civilized world.

This is one of the very few things I think Trump deserves credit for...taking a very different approach (one might say "transactional" from a business perspective) towards the Middle East peace process. While I do not agree with how he has treated the Palestinians, I DO agree with the approach to the various Arab states to recognize Israel. That's a big plus in the overall stabilization in that region.

Are NATO members off the hook for self defense? Is Biden going to apologize to ISIS? Are we going to get our asses in more foreign wars?

You seem to think Trump did good things for this country. All he did was rampage from one dumpster fire to another in his effort to undo anything and everthing Obama did. Hell, you guys crowed about it. Obama who?

At least is Biden is being thoughtful about it.

Trump's destruction of our country culminated in his failed attempt to overthrow the government after being voted out of office. I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are right in that Biden is being thoughtful about it. He is doing everything he can to destroy our economy.

Exactly what did TRump do that was o bad? No lib can be honest and tell what he did that pisses you off so much.

Falls under "even a broken clock is right twice a day".

You will be EXPELLED from Dem Society for that admission!!! very brave of you!!

Greg

I don't think many democrats realize they've killed democratic support for zionism

it's like they think they can hang onto it

my favorite part of the new left is the obvious that American support for apartheid Israel ends

You don't know what apartheid means obviously.

Might want to get your head out of your ass. There is a lot of bacteria in there and you can get very sick.

That's EXACTLY why Biden is doing it. JUST to undo what Trump did to appease his base.

After all, WHY WOULD HE WANT TO STOP A BORDER WALL DESIGNED TO KEEP ILLEGALS OUT OF THE COUNTRY?
WHY WOULD HE WANT TO END THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE WHICH KEEPS FUEL PRICES DOWN AND GIVES THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE JOBS?

Are NATO members off the hook for self defense? Is Biden going to apologize to ISIS? Are we going to get our asses in more foreign wars?
President Obama was the one who demanded nato nation's start paying third fair share.

Why would anyone apologize to isis, and what it is you think tRump did to them?

President Obama was the one who demanded nato nation's start paying third fair share.

Good. The half black oreo got something right.

Want a cookie?

Good. The half black oreo got something right.

Want a cookie?
Ugh, no! It's got racism on it.

You seem to think Trump did good things for this country. All he did was rampage from one dumpster fire to another in his effort to undo anything and everthing Obama did. Hell, you guys crowed about it. Obama who?

At least is Biden is being thoughtful about it.

Trump's destruction of our country culminated in his failed attempt to overthrow the government after being voted out of office. I hope you are proud of yourself.
If it wasn't for the Covid 19 pandemic we wouldn't even be having this conversation because Trump gave the American people the best economic numbers we've seen in generations and even an obviously biased main stream media couldn't sell the narrative that an idiot like Joe Biden would be better for the country than someone who was knocking it out the park like Trump was.

So now we've got Idiot Joe being controlled by a bunch of equally idiotic progressives and we're about to see our economy go in the shitter once again...see China surge past us as a world power and see war break out in the Middle East once again. It's going to be a FUBARED situation and you on the left are responsible for every bit of it!

In other words President Trump’s Middle East policy was ingenious, while the media and left painted him as an unhinged lunatic with low IQ.

You will be EXPELLED from Dem Society for that admission!!! very brave of you!!

Greg

I don't think many democrats realize they've killed democratic support for zionism

it's like they think they can hang onto it

my favorite part of the new left is the obvious that American support for apartheid Israel ends

You don't know what apartheid means obviously.

I think you need to google it if you think you do

Yea it's apartheid, not just apartheid, in a settler colonial state like America.

But you admire him (Biden) of rolling back and destroying Trumps edict of LOWER MED COSTS, like insulin, right? That's just okey dokey to you, right?

That's not what happened Gracie. That EO that Trump signed didn't lower medical costs. That was a lie. Trump did that a lot.
Your s liar.

Dang! That proves it! lmao.

Pedo Joe doesn't know WTF he is signing on the EOs his handlers are putting in front of him.

He is a vegatable.

Forum List

Back