Biden Won't Reverse All Of Trump's Foreign Policy. Here's What He'll Keep

This is one of the very few things I think Trump deserves credit for...taking a very different approach (one might say "transactional" from a business perspective) towards the Middle East peace process. While I do not agree with how he has treated the Palestinians, I DO agree with the approach to the various Arab states to recognize Israel. That's a big plus in the overall stabilization in that region.

It's also worthwhile to point out that Biden, UNLIKE Trump, isn't out to destroy everything his predecessor did just to destroy it.

You will be EXPELLED from Dem Society for that admission!!! very brave of you!!

Greg

It's also worthwhile to point out that Biden, UNLIKE Trump, isn't out to destroy everything his predecessor did just to destroy it.

Yeah??? What do you make of this list?

These are the executive orders Biden has signed in first nine days in office | TheHill

Or those in Erins link ^^^ from CNN.

The difference between Biden and Trump destroying everything his predecessor did.......is that Trump did so over 4 years. Same with Obama undoing Bush, and on down the line. Biden has destroyed the country in a matter of days........and he's just getting started.

Good job, I hope you're proud of yourself.
You seem to think Trump did good things for this country. All he did was rampage from one dumpster fire to another in his effort to undo anything and everthing Obama did. Hell, you guys crowed about it. Obama who?

At least is Biden is being thoughtful about it.

Trump's destruction of our country culminated in his failed attempt to overthrow the government after being voted out of office. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Greg

This is one of the very few things I think Trump deserves credit for...taking a very different approach (one might say "transactional" from a business perspective) towards the Middle East peace process. While I do not agree with how he has treated the Palestinians, I DO agree with the approach to the various Arab states to recognize Israel. That's a big plus in the overall stabilization in that region.

You will be EXPELLED from Dem Society for that admission!!! very brave of you!!

Greg

I don't think many democrats realize they've killed democratic support for zionism

it's like they think they can hang onto it

my favorite part of the new left is the obvious that American support for apartheid Israel ends

You should enlighten yourself and look up all what Trump accomplished. Unfortunately PROGS desire the establishment & loads of BS (e.g., genitals) instead, so what can you do.

I wonder what Trump "destroyed" without reason?

These are the executive orders Biden has signed in first nine days in office | TheHill

The difference between Biden and Trump destroying everything his predecessor did.......is that Trump did so over 4 years. Same with Obama undoing Bush, and on down the line. Biden has destroyed the country in a matter of days........and he's just getting started.

You seem to think Trump did good things for this country. All he did was rampage from one dumpster fire to another in his effort to undo anything and everthing Obama did. Hell, you guys crowed about it. Obama who?

Trump's destruction of our country culminated in his failed attempt to overthrow the government after being voted out of office. I hope you are proud of yourself.

I don't agree with everything he did, but yes I do think Trump had done alot of good for this country and the people, something you refuse to acknowledge......other than the one point you'd made in the OP. I will give you credit for having given Trump that credit

But you had also said in the OP that Biden wasn't out to destroy everything Trump had done, when in fact he has by a faster margin than any President before him.

Every new President makes the effort to 'undo' what the previous administration has done in order to make their own mark.

New presidents do not routinely Break agreements, withdraw from treaties, undo EVERYTHING their predecessor did. They don’t. They change some things, but most are aware that American policy, whether foreign or domestic needs some sort of reliability and continuity.

I pointed out in this that Biden felt Trump’s initiatives in the ME were worth preserving and building on.

Did Trump do that with his predecessor?

I don't agree with everything he did, but yes I do think Trump had done alot of good for this country and the people, something you refuse to acknowledge......other than the one point you'd made in the OP. I will give you credit for having given Trump that credit

But you had also said in the OP that Biden wasn't out to destroy everything Trump had done, when in fact he has by a faster margin than any President before him.

Every new President makes the effort to 'undo' what the previous administration has done in order to make their own mark.

New presidents do not routinely Break agreements, withdraw from treaties, undo EVERYTHING their predecessor did. They don’t. They change some things, but most are aware that American policy, whether foreign or domestic needs some sort of reliability and continuity.

I pointed out in this that Biden felt Trump’s initiatives in the ME were worth preserving and building on.

.....other than the one point you'd made in the OP. I will give you credit for having given Trump that credit

once again, you left off part of the comment. I'm done trying to be civil with you, so go bitch at someone else who might actually give a damn

No; he considered Obama's ME policies to be WRONG....so now you have PEACE breaking out.......or did.

Greg

So you think having the lowest poverty rate since 1958 was a bad thing?

Trump didn’t do that. Obama did. Trump just took credit for it. Trump then drove the poverty level to new heights with his failed coronavirus response.

8 million people have fallen into poverty as a result of 25 million cases of corona virus.

Obama is a globalist. When fully incorporated into the globalist government, there will not be payments for you. Take what you can get in a slightly less way as compared to near nothing.

No; he considered Obama's ME policies to be WRONG....so now you have PEACE breaking out.......or did.

Greg

None of those countries, who recognize Israel, were at war with Israel and behind the scenes discussions were already taking place. Trump formalized it, and in some cases offered sweetness to seal the deal for them.

The Palestinians were deliberately screwed in the process on multiple levels.

So...no peace broke out, but the situation stabilized and that is a positive.

But Trump systematically overturned everything he could that had Obama's name on it.

The point is - Obama DID NOT do that with Bush, Bush DID NOT do that with Clinton, etc. They all review policies - which is what Biden is doing, and make decisions based on individual policies, not the name attached to them, which Trump did not do.

One good example is ACA. Whether you like it or not - it became established. A good decision would be to review it - improve it/change it to fit with the current administrations policies, OR, create a "better" plan to supplant it with. None of that happened nor was it attempted. In fact, they wouldn't even open the marketplace again for people who lost their insurance through covid unemployment (which is utterly inhumane imo).

Another example is reversing course on Cuba or pulling out of treaties and agreements that were made during the Obama administration.

The problem with these approaches - and something his predecessors likely recognized, is when a nation has huge policy shifts like that every four or eight years - both domestic and international entities can't count on them for anything in regards to planning. A trade deal, which manufacturers plan out decades ahead on, is suddenly gone in four years.

At any rate, I'm glad to see some Trump era policies, like it's Zero Tolerance policy on immigrant families, zapped.

Trump didn’t do that. Obama did. Trump just took credit for it. Trump then drove the poverty level to new heights with his failed coronavirus response.

8 million people have fallen into poverty as a result of 25 million cases of corona virus.

They will never give credit to Obama for anything - ANYTHING. He handed a good economy to Trump, the trajectory continued in the same pattern, and Trump can be fairly credited for improving it further. But they won't credit Obama for what he did to get it to that point where Trump could take it and make it soar.

Obama is a globalist. When fully incorporated into the globalist government, there will not be payments for you. Take what you can get in a slightly less way as compared to near nothing.

What is a globalist?

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

.....other than the one point you'd made in the OP. I will give you credit for having given Trump that credit

once again, you left off part of the comment. I'm done trying to be civil with you, so go bitch at someone else who might actually give a damn

Apologies. That was not my intent.

You should enlighten yourself and look up all what Trump accomplished. Unfortunately PROGS desire the establishment & loads of BS (e.g., genitals) instead, so what can you do.

The weird thing about those who demand we "enlighten ourselves" is that you elect us to embrace RIGHTWING NUTJOB BS as "good policy". The fact that this agenda was voted out of office says otherwise.

What is actually wrong with those executive orders? Trump, unlike his predecessors, did almost NOTHING through legislation. In four years, even with a friendly Congress, almost everything was done through Executive Order.

And unlike his predecessors - Trump went through a storm of EO's during his lame duck period, something unheard of. He left a mess for his successor to undo. This break with norms is of course normal for Trump. But why are people suddenly whining about EO's when they had no trouble with it when Trump did it?

When you look at just numbers...first four years
Clinton 200
G.W. Bush 173
Obama 147
Trump 220

Trump significantly increased them. But here the OP is bitching about Biden's 30?

Meh.

So it's Trumps fault that people don't follow CDC guidance, you're fucking crazy.

The weird thing about those who demand we "enlighten ourselves" is that you elect us to embrace RIGHTWING NUTJOB BS as "good policy". The fact that this agenda was voted out of office says otherwise.

Demand?

Here's what I think of Xiden's executive orders. This is probably the short list, it's only through 01/25/2021. But it sets the tone for sure, his EO's are a load of BS & stupid.

Forum List

Back