Biden's most Economically Nefarious E.O. of Day One

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Leftists, most of whom have never actually had a real job and certainly never run a business, have NO IDEA of the economic costs of over-regulation. To them, regulation is a GOOD thing - the more the better.

Will the Media ever acknowledge that Biden is about as far from being a "Centrist" as it possible to be?

Ain't holdin' my breath.

You also don't mention any damn thing about the subject.

Biden’s order – which didn’t get released to the press until late in the evening of his first day – aims to effectively toss the cost-benefit analysis that for many decades has served as at least a modest brake on the ambitions of regulators. In the past, regulations where the cost of compliance far exceeded the benefits could be stymied by the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.

Biden wants the review process instead to be “a tool to affirmatively promote regulations” and “to ensure swift and effective federal action” on everything from the pandemic, to the economy, to racial inequality, to the “undeniable reality and accelerating threat of climate change.” In other words … everything.

Our Nation today faces serious challenges, including a massive global pandemic; a major economic downturn; systemic racial inequality; and the undeniable reality and accelerating threat of climate change. It is the policy of my Administration to mobilize the power of the Federal Government to rebuild our Nation and address these and other challenges. As we do so, it is important that we evaluate the processes and principles that govern regulatory review to ensure swift and effective Federal action. Regulations that promote the public interest are vital for tackling national priorities.

Sec. 2. Implementation. (a) I therefore direct the Director of OMB, in consultation with representatives of executive departments and agencies (agencies), as appropriate and as soon as practicable, to begin a process with the goal of producing a set of recommendations for improving and modernizing regulatory review. These recommendations should provide concrete suggestions on how the regulatory review process can promote public health and safety, economic growth, social welfare, racial justice, environmental stewardship, human dignity, equity, and the interests of future generations. The recommendations should also include proposals that would ensure that regulatory review serves as a tool to affirmatively promote regulations that advance these values. These recommendations should be informed by public engagement with relevant stakeholders.

Our Nation today faces serious challenges, including a massive global pandemic; a major economic downturn; systemic racial inequality; and the undeniable reality and accelerating threat of climate change. It is the policy of my Administration to mobilize the power of the Federal Government to rebuild our Nation and address these and other challenges. As we do so, it is important that we evaluate the processes and principles that govern regulatory review to ensure swift and effective Federal action. Regulations that promote the public interest are vital for tackling national priorities.

Sec. 2. Implementation. (a) I therefore direct the Director of OMB, in consultation with representatives of executive departments and agencies (agencies), as appropriate and as soon as practicable, to begin a process with the goal of producing a set of recommendations for improving and modernizing regulatory review. These recommendations should provide concrete suggestions on how the regulatory review process can promote public health and safety, economic growth, social welfare, racial justice, environmental stewardship, human dignity, equity, and the interests of future generations. The recommendations should also include proposals that would ensure that regulatory review serves as a tool to affirmatively promote regulations that advance these values. These recommendations should be informed by public engagement with relevant stakeholders.

Wow Drama Queen maybe you can get this play on Broadway if it ever opens back up.

Leftists, most of whom have never actually had a real job and certainly never run a business, have NO IDEA of the economic costs of over-regulation. To them, regulation is a GOOD thing - the more the better.

How would you know any leftist besides the very small demographic you over populate to try to prove a point which is an opinion and not a fact? This leftist ran his own masonry business after being a mason, a rest. manager and a maintenance worker in the fields of electronics, electrical and mechanical fields in the military and industry. What I find amazing is your superior conservative skills doesn't allow you to be able to discern just what the EO says or represents considering how you brag upon your literary skills.

This EO is wanting to modernize the regulatory system with a review and suggestions, it never says they will over regulate but try to find the best way to regulate.

Wow Drama Queen maybe you can get this play on Broadway if it ever opens back up.
Are you also vacant of any knowledge on the subject of the thread or do you think that TOS says it's okay to troll a thread and never contribute anything worthy of reading?

Are you also vacant of any knowledge on the subject of the thread or do you think that TOS says it's okay to troll a thread and never contribute anything worthy of reading?
Sorry, but there were so many disaster movie scenarios in your post I was just wondering if Dennis Quaid or maybe the Rock should star in them. As for anything worth reading, that finger should point right back at you.

Will the Media ever acknowledge that Biden is about as far from being a "Centrist" as it possible to be?

Ain't holdin' my breath.
Sure bring in the goon squads . Give government more power. WE need an ammendment to control EO's!

Even Democrats are questioning his economically destructive EO's at a time when so many are out of work due to shutdowns....
Joe had better start to listen to someone other than who he is listening to....

Sorry, but there were so many disaster movie scenarios in your post I was just wondering if Dennis Quaid or maybe the Rock should star in them. As for anything worth reading, that finger should point right back at you.
My post is a copy and paste of the actual EO and nothing more.

Ain't holdin' my breath.
Sure bring in the goon squads . Give government more power. WE need an ammendment to control EO's!
That is what this EO is about.

How would you know any leftist besides the very small demographic you over populate to try to prove a point which is an opinion and not a fact? This leftist ran his own masonry business after being a mason, a rest. manager and a maintenance worker in the fields of electronics, electrical and mechanical fields in the military and industry. What I find amazing is your superior conservative skills doesn't allow you to be able to discern just what the EO says or represents considering how you brag upon your literary skills.

This EO is wanting to modernize the regulatory system with a review and suggestions, it never says they will over regulate but try to find the best way to regulate.

Government's with the best of intentions over regulate. I'm in the transportation industry and the red tape you need to wade through is absolutely ridiculous. The DOT over the last four years has been helpful instead of adversarial. Under Obama they were not easy to work with and the goal seemed to be to shut down companies.

So this executive order seems to be aimed and business and the ones who are impacted the most are small business.

Will ignoring costs lead to more bad regulations, or fewer bad regulations?

It's government, they seem to start out with good intentions and end up over regulating. The don't seem to concerned by this the way I read this order.

Government's with the best of intentions over regulate. I'm in the transportation industry and the red tape you need to wade through is absolutely ridiculous. The DOT over the last four years has been helpful instead of adversarial. Under Obama they were not easy to work with and the goal seemed to be to shut down companies.

So this executive order seems to be aimed and business and the ones who are impacted the most are small business.
IMO, the whole past year has been aimed at small businesses some by accident , some not by accident. The super rich have gained in the percentage they hold of the nation's wealth and the megacorps have gained market share from the small business men and women. Now federal spike in minimum wage will do more of the same. It is almost as if corporations gained from people staying home in fear, watching CNN and ordering on Amazon AND like they don't want that to change. Funny way to do business for champions of the poor and down trodden isn't it? Hummmm

Ain't holdin' my breath.
I would start considering asking for tax breaks for regulations that may be deemed burdensome in order to come up with better solutions at lower cost.

Forum List

Back