Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Scheme is a Winning Issue for Republicans

A consumption tax does that. The more well to do people buy more things, so they pay more tax.

People find ways around taxes and politicians get votes by making loopholes. You can't do that with a consumption tax. Plus it gets all that unrecorded money like dope dealers, prostitutes, people who work under the table, it doesn't matter. Everybody has to pay when they buy things no matter how they make their money.
People get around a consumption tax by obtaining items from around the system. And I doubt people like Gates or Musk need to buy much.

The link has a paywall, but I agree this will backfire.

My niece and nephew just got done paying off their student loans. They are in their 30's now. If Dementia is able to get away with this somehow, I can guarantee you how they will vote the next couple of elections.

I wonder how your niece will feel about politicians telling her what to do with her body.

First off the PPP loans were not expected to be repaid. Secondly they were designed to keep businesses open and employees working when the economy hit rock bottom. So there is no comparison to that and the college forgiveness loans. It's apples and oranges.

They still took the loans. Why wouldn't they pay it back?

“No other issue this cycle has enraged middle and working class voters more than this.”

My observations makes me agree. I would also add in all those who met their obligations they signed up for and paid their debt to colleges. Joe once again unites America. Against him.

Joe already had the millennials for him. It was a zero net gain move to a group already on his side. He instead alienated millions even more opposed to Democrats.

Indeed, this mess will only help Republicans win elections. Kinda like democrats stimulate gun sales.

every time they attack the very rich, they weaken the middle class. That is their intentions/ objective always.

That is so much bullshit. The very rich are attacking the middle class and gouging them at the store.

Forum List

Back