Biden's war on oil continues. Cancels leases for over 365,000 acres.

Libs want an oil shortage if not now then in 5 years
Because of ANWR? Don't be silly. I think we should sell leases off the coast of Florida just to see what's out there. Much easier than drilling in Alaska.

because I can't transport it, drill it, refine it, transport that, and store it beyond my weekly needs myself?

Are you really that dumb?
Marty,

If they drilled in your back yard, you'd get an overriding royalty...been a while since I looked, but it's at least 17%...

Marty,

If they drilled in your back yard, you'd get an overriding royalty...been a while since I looked, but it's at least 17%...

No back yard for me, and if you drill in the street of NYC you might hit power lines, sewers, gas lines, steam lines, subways, or more than likely a rats nest.

Oil Nations, Prodded by Trump, Reach Deal to Slash Production Oil Nations, Prodded by Trump, Reach Deal to Slash Production (Published 2020)

Ya follah?
That was during the democrat wuflu-caused economic shutdown when demand for oil plummeted

Getting 28 nations to agree on anything was a diplomatic coup for trump

Nope. You just ignore the long term repercussions of all this because it gets you what you want.

Oil shortages 10 years from now.
Been hearing it for 15 years.
Hasn't happened.
Perhaps if you're worried about oil searches you should look into alternatives. Like solar, wind, hydro...

But then you couldn't blame DEMS for the GOP blocking progress on alternatives and blaming DEMS is really what this is all about isn't it?

Hasn't happened.
Perhaps if you're worried about oil searches you should look into alternatives. Like solar, wind, hydro...

But then you couldn't blame DEMS for the GOP blocking progress on alternatives and blaming DEMS is really what this is all about isn't it?

And yet Dems keep trying and trying.

All to get to their zero oil "paradise"

Alternatives block themselves due to their lack intermittency and lack of energy density.

And not subsidizing something isn't "blocking it"

Hasn't happened.

Thats the plan

Destroy oil production and force consumers to buy electric cars

Last edited:
Not much of issue for me but did look for some education on the matter. Did search of Google for a trade magazine's take on the topic and scanned an article from Oil and Gas Journal. Here is content that struck me as most pertinent:

The Interior Department is canceling seven ANWR leases despite the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, which mandated the lease sale held in 2021 (OGJ Online, Jan. 6, 2021). Sen. John Barrasso (D-Wyo.) said President Biden was ignoring the law, and at least a few other lawmakers agreed.

“This is another attempt to use executive action to circumvent a law to accomplish what this administration does not have the votes to achieve in Congress,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said. “Canceling valid leases, removing acreage from future sales, and attempting to reduce production in Alaska while taking steps to allow Iran and Venezuela to produce more oil—with fewer environmental regulations—makes no sense and is frankly embarrassing.”

Some comment was issued Sept. 6 by Kara Moriarty, president of the Alaska Oil and Gas Association.

“What’s ironic is that the Biden administration made this announcement the day after we saw more headlines about more Russian oil tankers traveling through the Bering Strait due to the war in Ukraine,” Moriarty said. “The world demand for oil isn’t going away. Our commander-in-chief should be doing everything he can to open more areas, not less, to secure energy independence. This move sends a signal that President Biden isn’t concerned about Alaska or our national security.”

Oil & Gas Journal

NYT behind paywall. Almost crashed this browser too? Kiss off clown. There was an Oil glut under Trump at one point in time if I remember correctly? I won’t open your BS links again! I knew better.
Nice try...

NYT gives you 3 or 5 free every month.

This is the NYT, not some shitty front for Gold Peddlers with paid content.

A) NYT gives you free peeks

B) All you need to do is read the title

C) You can, given the information included, seek another source

Don't try to run that shitty bluff on me again.
The NYT is heavily leftwing biased

You may accept their bs but I do not take their goofy opinions as fact without another source

Which I have

The Interior Department is canceling seven ANWR leases despite the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, which mandated the lease sale held in 2021 (OGJ Online, Jan. 6, 2021). Sen. John Barrasso (D-Wyo.) said President Biden was ignoring the law, and at least a few other lawmakers agreed.
They have the authority to cancel oil and gas leases issued in violation of statute or regulation, but they will probable have to prove that was the case in court.

The NYT is heavily leftwing biased

You may accept their bs but I do not take their goofy opinions as fact without another source

Which I have

THE SECOND FUCKING PARAGRAPH OF THE CITATION YOU DIDN'T READ.

“This could be the largest reduction in production from OPEC for perhaps a decade, maybe longer," said U.S. Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette, who credited President Donald Trump's personal involvement in getting dueling parties to the table and helping to end a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia.

THE SECOND FUCKING PARAGRAPH OF THE CITATION YOU DIDN'T READ.

“This could be the largest reduction in production from OPEC for perhaps a decade, maybe longer," said U.S. Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette, who credited President Donald Trump's personal involvement in getting dueling parties to the table and helping to end a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Trump negotiated an international agreement to avoid economic chaos

Biden could not have done it

Forum List

Back