Big Brother Hates You: Man Who Fought For His Country, Now Facing Arrest For Living Off-Grid...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Uh yeah, Big Brother is not your friend. Maybe one day most Americans will realize that.

This Man Fought for His Country, Now He’s Facing Arrest for Living Off-Grid on His Own Property

Tyler Truitt joined the military to fight for America’s freedom. However, after returning, he is quickly realizing that the supposed “freedom” that he fought for, is pipe dream.

Truitt lives on his own property, but because he’s not tied into the city’s electricity and utility grid, his very existence has been deemed illegal.

“We live out here off the grid, 100 percent self-sustaining,” Truitt said. “So I basically made all my utilities: I have my solar panels, I have my rainwater collection and stuff.”

Truitt lives on his own private property in a modular home. He creates his own electricity and collects his water from the rain. If anything, this couple is a net gain to society and to the environment for having a carbon footprint of zero and living sustainably.

However, to the state, they are the enemy.

“They say our house is a trailer, which is not allowed in city limits,” Truitt said. “They came and they condemned our house and told us if we stayed here we’d be arrested for trespassing on our own property, and the reason why is, they said, it was unsafe living conditions because we don’t have city utilities hooked up,” he explained...

Read More:
This Man Fought for His Country Now He s Facing Arrest for Living Off-Grid on His Own Property The Free Thought Project

Uh yeah, Big Brother is not your friend. Maybe one day most Americans will realize that.

This Man Fought for His Country, Now He’s Facing Arrest for Living Off-Grid on His Own Property

Tyler Truitt joined the military to fight for America’s freedom. However, after returning, he is quickly realizing that the supposed “freedom” that he fought for, is pipe dream.

Truitt lives on his own property, but because he’s not tied into the city’s electricity and utility grid, his very existence has been deemed illegal.

“We live out here off the grid, 100 percent self-sustaining,” Truitt said. “So I basically made all my utilities: I have my solar panels, I have my rainwater collection and stuff.”

Truitt lives on his own private property in a modular home. He creates his own electricity and collects his water from the rain. If anything, this couple is a net gain to society and to the environment for having a carbon footprint of zero and living sustainably.

“They say our house is a trailer, which is not allowed in city limits,” Truitt said. “They came and they condemned our house and told us if we stayed here we’d be arrested for trespassing on our own property, and the reason why is, they said, it was unsafe living conditions because we don’t have city utilities hooked up,” he explained...

Read More:
This Man Fought for His Country Now He s Facing Arrest for Living Off-Grid on His Own Property The Free Thought Project

I'd like to hear the city's side of it.

Big Brother wants it all. The food, water, electricity, land...

Read More:

I'd like to hear the city's side of it.

It's mentioned in the article.

Some places are like that, now if he was in the Rocky mountains with that set up only the goats would have a grievance, which they give retribution by eating the stuff you want to keep and shitting on your car hood....

Living inside city limits in a trailer is not living off the grid. It is just living in an unapproved structure without public utilities. Lots of folks live off the grid. They sell their property in the city and move to the forest or country where it is acceptable and legal.

One day, filling your canteen from a stream will be considered a Federal Crime. Remember, Big Brother wants it all... food, water, electricity, land, and even the air.

Forum List

Back