Big correction! The assessment was not approved by all 17 agencies Only 4

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Quietly oh so quietly the New York Times issued a mega correction to the claim that all 17 agencies agreed it was the Russians.

You know the one. The one all the freaking liberal left wing whackos have been quoting all these months.

:lol:

Correction: June 29, 2017
A White House Memo article on Monday about President Trump’s deflections and denials about Russia referred incorrectly to the source of an intelligence assessment that said Russia orchestrated hacking attacks during last year’s presidential election.

The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.

Trump’s Deflections and Denials on Russia Frustrate Even His Allies

i never believed that ongoing story coming from the left that at least 15 seperate agencies may have some solid evidence that the Russians colluded with Trump,,,,,when did they break that story out? February?,,,and all of the liberal commentators went along with it,,,,,and now they all look like gerbils that have escaped from celebrity body parts

Quietly oh so quietly the New York Times issued a mega correction to the claim that all 17 agencies agreed it was the Russians.

You know the one. The one all the freaking liberal left wing whackos have been quoting all these months.

A White House Memo article on Monday about President Trump’s deflections and denials about Russia referred incorrectly to the source of an intelligence assessment that said Russia orchestrated hacking attacks during last year’s presidential election.

The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.

I am pretty sure the date on the front page of the NYT is bullshit.

Once again their "anonymous sources" coughDemocratscough were wrong?

Shocking.

I am pretty sure the date on the front page of the NYT is bullshit.

Once again their "anonymous sources" coughDemocratscough were wrong?

Shocking.
didnt juan the dolt williams gloated on this story all year? now he looks like chicken poop

Corrections should have to be printed in the same size font and same location in the newspaper or website that the original article and headline were printed.

If the editor feels the story is so important that it should be in 60'point font above the fold on the front page, so should any corrections issued about that story.

I've never thought that 17 agencies did their own investigating on it.... from the beginning of what I had read on it, 3 or 4 agencies did the intelligence gathering and report on it, and the remaining of the 17 intelligence agencies basically signed on to it after assessing the reports from the 4 agencies?

Funny. This has been known since early May. Clapper spelled it all out very clearly. Anyway, the four top intelligence agencies are good enough for me.

Funny. This has been known since early May. Clapper spelled it all out very clearly. Anyway, the four top intelligence agencies are good enough for me.

I am sure you will be alright with what ALL 17 put out about the treason committed by oshit, shitbitch, and all of the DNC after their server is taken over and all of the emails searched. Waukenda,, I see many chiefs stripped bare and hanging from poles!!!

Well they actually didn't assess jack shit. They never examined the DNC server and instead took the word of a DNC employee.
Oh yeah, start a whole international incident and fire up multiple investigations because a DNC employee claimed the Russians hacked the server. With no evidence.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I've never thought that 17 agencies did their own investigating on it.... from the beginning of what I had read on it, 3 or 4 agencies did the intelligence gathering and report on it, and the remaining of the 17 intelligence agencies basically signed on to it after assessing the reports from the 4 agencies?

No the other agencies never signed on.

Well they actually didn't assess jack shit. They never examined the DNC server and instead took the word of a DNC employee.
Oh yeah, start a whole international incident and fire up multiple investigations because a DNC employee claimed the Russians hacked the server. With no evidence.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Funny. Since the DNC server is "private" property that they didn't want Republicans snooping through - they had a third party computer firm (Crowdstrike) examine the server and report only the "hacking" information to the FBI. Google it...

Report: FBI had private company examine DNC's hacked servers

Clapper was the head of the DNI and said that he represented all the other agencies under him, and all of the heads of those agencies agreed with his assessment.

I am sure you will be alright with what ALL 17 put out about the treason committed by oshit, shitbitch, and all of the DNC after their server is taken over and all of the emails searched. Waukenda,, I see many chiefs stripped bare and hanging from poles!!!
you believe a bunch of crud that is simply not true and have a vivid imagination! :D

ETA: Found where he changed his tune. Man oh man this man is so untrustworthy.

Have you got a link on the May testimony because I just found his January testimony where he claims all 17 agencies agreed on the hacking. Now Clapper is a pathological liar so if he corrected himself in May please put up the link.

"Director of National Intelligence James Clapper affirmed an Oct. 7 joint statement from 17 intelligence agencies that the Russian government directed the election interference — and went further.

"We stand more resolutely on that statement," Clapper said during a Senate Armed Services hearing with the intelligence chiefs into the politically charged issue."

Intelligence Chiefs 'Stand More Resolutely' Behind Finding Of Russia Election Hacking

Last edited:
Clapper was the head of the DNI and said that he represented all the other agencies under him, and all of the heads of those agencies agreed with his assessment.

And obviously he lied. Only 4 agreed.

And obviously he lied. Only 4 agreed.

No, only 4 actively took part in the intelligence gathering process. You have your stuff backwards. He represents 14 total agencies, and he spoke with the leaders of the other agencies and shared the intelligence with them, and they all agreed Russia hacked the election.

Forum List

Back