CDZ Big Government And Big Church Are Now The Same Thing

Your naivete on the subject is beyond evident.

I suggest you get to the law dictionary, learn the definition of the word "license", and cease further embarrassing yourself.
I studied this in school before I worked as a paralegal for a divorce lawyer. All you do is register the contract with the state. The state isn't party to the marriage contract. This gives your offspring legal standing and protection. Ask a lawyer.

You have to remember I have no issue with SSM as long as changing the marriage license requirements are done via State legislative action. And by State I mean the "States" not the feds as a "state"

You can achieve "Governmental Compliance" in manner not bound to any specific State, and recognized by any Court.
That's the problem with the argument ... It is based in people that want to tell other people what they cannot do, when that isn't the case.

Nope.

I suggest that you also get to the law dictionary and look up the term "license"...I can guarantee you that there's no such disambiguation in the definition....As noted earlier, I've done very thorough research into this particular realm of the law.

In short, licensure denotes ownership....Ownership = control.

A driver's license denotes the government owns me?

I studied this in school before I worked as a paralegal for a divorce lawyer. All you do is register the contract with the state. The state isn't party to the marriage contract. This gives your offspring legal standing and protection. Ask a lawyer.
Then I take it that you flunked the course.

A license is, by legal definition, permission from the grantee....It's not merely "registration"....he State is therefore, by definition, and interested 3rd party in the arrangement.

You can achieve "Governmental Compliance" in manner not bound to any specific State, and recognized by any Court.
That's the problem with the argument ... It is based in people that want to tell other people what they cannot do, when that isn't the case.

Not getting the argument here.

The issuance of a marriage licenses is telling you there are certain REQUIREMENTS for it, but it doesn't prevent you from calling yourself married, or living like you are married.

Only when you try to interact with government or obtain certain government defined benefit does it become an issue.

A driver's license denotes the government owns me?
No...They own the road and -via titling and registration laws- jurisdiction over your vehicle, under commercial law.

You can drive any vehicle you want on private property all you want, with no license, insurance, or any other State requirement to operate it.

Then I take it that you flunked the course.

A license is, by legal definition, permission from the grantee....It's not merely "registration"....he State is therefore, by definition, and interested 3rd party in the arrangement.
Actually I was certified in civil litigation at the top of my class. Why don't you ask a lawyer? You don't have a JD. This is elemental stuff.

Actually I was certified in civil litigation at the top of my class. Why don't you ask a lawyer? You don't have a JD. This is elemental stuff.
Sure you did.....That's why you can't even define the simple term "license".

BTW, I've asked a number of lawyers about the term, and they all agree that it means what I believe it does....Nothing more, nothing less.

No...They own the road and -via titling and registration laws- jurisdiction over your vehicle, under commercial law.

You can drive any vehicle you want on private property all you want, with no license, insurance, or any other State requirement to operate it.

Yet you can walk on those roads and sidewalks without a license, take a bus taxi without a license.

Changing the subject isn't going to paper over your rank ignorance about licensure.

When the common approach to everything nowadays is to change the meanings of words to mean whatever supports one's position ...
It's generally fruitless to argue with a person who allows themself to think a word means whatever they want it to mean.

Of course, that provides wonderful opportunities ...
No matter how they try to argue with you, you can just pretend what they say is agreeing with you ... :auiqs.jpg:

When the common approach to everything nowadays is to change the meanings of words to mean whatever supports one's position ...
It's generally fruitless to argue with a person who allows themself to think a word means whatever they want it to mean.

Of course, that provides wonderful opportunities ...
No matter how they try to argue with you, you can just pretend what they say is agreeing with you ... :auiqs.jpg:

While I agree the bending of words and their meaning is one of the main issues we are dealing with today, that filters down into all the other issues, does a marriage "license" really act like a license, or was the wrong word used in the past, and it just kind of stuck?

Not getting the argument here.

The issuance of a marriage licenses is telling you there are certain REQUIREMENTS for it, but it doesn't prevent you from calling yourself married, or living like you are married.

Only when you try to interact with government or obtain certain government defined benefit does it become an issue.

The issuing of Marriage License is Compliance to whatever the Government has defined as "Marriage".

You can interact with the Government in a manner that grants you the same privileges without calling it "Marriage" and not requiring a License.
You just cannot do so by attempting to call it Marriage by the Government's definition and be Compliant.

While I agree the bending of words and their meaning is one of the main issues we are dealing with today, that filters down into all the other issues, does a marriage "license" really act like a license, or was the wrong word used in the past, and it just kind of stuck?

You can suggest that the State doesn't have a vested interest in a Marriage License ...
But if that were the case then the State wouldn't require one ... And so on.

If you think that creates a problem ... Then stop requiring it to be a problem.

The issuing of Marriage License is Compliance to whatever the Government has defined as "Marriage".

You can interact with the Government in a manner that grants you the same privileges without calling it "Marriage" and not requiring a License.
You just cannot do so by attempting to call it Marriage by the Government's definition and be Compliant.

The state basically recognizes the marriage. They aren't a party to the marriage contract.

Where are Americans who want to escape the tyranny of the Radical Episcopalianists and their dogma of Gay Marriage supposed to go now?

Two gay people getting married is a natural human right. Religion not withstanding.

You can suggest that the State doesn't have a vested interest in a Marriage License ...
But if that were the case then the State wouldn't require one ... And so on.

If you think that creates a problem ... Then stop requiring it to be a problem.

The state has no interest in your marriage until you decide to dissolve the contract... And, then only if the parties to the contract are in disagreement.

So this issue is the name and not the requirements for government interaction?

Forum List

Back