Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

This was an open letter from a soldier back in '03.

An Open Letter to the Dixie Chicks

Earlier this week, while performing in London, you stated that you were ashamed that our President is from your home state. I wonder if you realized how many Americans would be listening. This American was listening. This Texan is ashamed that you come from my state.

I serve my country as an officer in the United States Navy. Specifically, I fly F-14 Tomcats off carriers around the world, executing the missions that preserve the very freedom you claim to exercise.

I have proudly fought for my country in the skies over Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan without regret. Though I may disagree wholeheartedly with your comments, I will defend to the death your right to say them, in America.

But for you to travel to a foreign land and publicly criticize our Commander in Chief is cowardice behavior. Would you have so willingly made those comments while performing for a patriotic, flag-waving crowd of Texans in Lubbock. I would imagine not.

How dare you pocket profits off songs about soldiers, their deaths and patriotism while criticizing their Commander in Chief abroad, even while they prepare to give their lives to ensure your own freedom of speech.

Please ask yourself, what have you done to deserve that sacrifice? Do not try to justify your comments by claiming that you made them only because you care about innocent lives.

Never once in our history have we committed troops to war for the purpose of taking innocent lives. We do it to protect innocent lives, even yours. If the world leaders of the late 1930's had the vision and courage of our present Commander in Chief, perhaps the evil men who caused the death of millions in WWII would have never had the opportunity to harm a soul.

The potential loss of millions of lives in the future at the hands of today's evil men necessitate action. In a separate correspondence, I am returning to you each and every Dixie Chicks CD and cassette that I have ever purchased.

Never again will I allow my funds to support your behavior. All you have done is to add your name to a growing list of American "Celebrities" who have failed to realize that they have obtained their successes on the backs of the American blue-collar workers such as our servicemen and women.

To Natalie Maines: This Texan — this American will continue to risk his life to guarantee your freedoms. What will you do to deserve it?

What in the blue fuck does this disjointed ramble have to do with Shrubya being from Connecticut Texas?

Earlier this week, while performing in London, you stated that you were ashamed that our President is from your home state. I wonder if you realized how many Americans would be listening. This American was listening. This Texan is ashamed that you come from my state.

I serve my country as an officer in the United States Navy. Specifically, I fly F-14 Tomcats off carriers around the world, executing the missions that preserve the very freedom you claim to exercise.

I have proudly fought for my country in the skies over Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan without regret. Though I may disagree wholeheartedly with your comments, I will defend to the death your right to say them, in America.

But for you to travel to a foreign land and publicly criticize our Commander in Chief is cowardice behavior. Would you have so willingly made those comments while performing for a patriotic, flag-waving crowd of Texans in Lubbock. I would imagine not.

How dare you pocket profits off songs about soldiers, their deaths and patriotism while criticizing their Commander in Chief abroad, even while they prepare to give their lives to ensure your own freedom of speech.

Please ask yourself, what have you done to deserve that sacrifice? Do not try to justify your comments by claiming that you made them only because you care about innocent lives.

Never once in our history have we committed troops to war for the purpose of taking innocent lives. We do it to protect innocent lives, even yours. If the world leaders of the late 1930's had the vision and courage of our present Commander in Chief, perhaps the evil men who caused the death of millions in WWII would have never had the opportunity to harm a soul.

The potential loss of millions of lives in the future at the hands of today's evil men necessitate action. In a separate correspondence, I am returning to you each and every Dixie Chicks CD and cassette that I have ever purchased.

Never again will I allow my funds to support your behavior. All you have done is to add your name to a growing list of American "Celebrities" who have failed to realize that they have obtained their successes on the backs of the American blue-collar workers such as our servicemen and women.

To Natalie Maines: This Texan — this American will continue to risk his life to guarantee your freedoms. What will you do to deserve it?

What in the blue fuck does this disjointed ramble have to do with Shrubya being from Connecticut Texas?
A bit jingoistic for my taste.

The Chicks were on top of the world, and then the mouth that roared shot off her infamous words. Their careers were completely derailed. You would think someone in her management would have explained some simple economics to her that it's not smart to alienate half your audience. No matter which way you lean politically.
Maybe she thought she would be allowed to speak her mind like everyone else.

She's always been free to do so, and you have the right to defend her, as I have the right to trash her nasty mouth.
But it went way past people criticizing her. Boycotts and death threats all because she expressed an opinion. I don't think punishing people for exercising their rights is in sync with the spirit of the First Amendment.

It was a highly emotional and critical time in America, I don't stand by death threats, but she was ignorant of the feelings going around in America. Her timing was not only bad, but incredibly stupid.

It would figure that YOU would call the words of a soldier "disjointed ramble".

The Chicks were on top of the world, and then the mouth that roared shot off her infamous words. Their careers were completely derailed. You would think someone in her management would have explained some simple economics to her that it's not smart to alienate half your audience. No matter which way you lean politically.

She's always been free to do so, and you have the right to defend her, as I have the right to trash her nasty mouth.
But it went way past people criticizing her. Boycotts and death threats all because she expressed an opinion. I don't think punishing people for exercising their rights is in sync with the spirit of the First Amendment.

It was a highly emotional and critical time in America, I don't stand by death threats, but she was ignorant of the feelings going around in America. Her timing was not only bad, but incredibly stupid.

So how is that any different from the "political correctness" that you guys complain about so much?

Why is it good that the Dixie Chicks were "destroyed" by right wing boycotters, but a tragedy and outrage when it happens to someone on your side?

It would figure that YOU would call the words of a soldier "disjointed ramble".

And what's that supposed to be? Appeal to Authority?

Exactly HOW does "being a soldier" make him immune to disjointed ramble?

(Even if we assume it's a real letter and not another internet myths y'all swallow whole without reading the ingredient label?
---- you'll notice he gave no link. We're supposed to just take his word for it.)

The comment was in England.

You remember the rest of the world? Where the largest protest demonstrations in world history went on against Shrub's Iraq gambit just a couple of weeks prior? That one?

You remember the rest of the world? Where the largest protest demonstrations in world history went on against Shrub's Iraq gambit? That one?

We all know her comments were made in England, and her comments made outside of the country was one of the main reasons there was so much pushback.

Doesn't get much more illustrative than this.

So here's a revised list:
-- Free speech: out
-- Freedom of travel: out
-- Freedom of gender: out

1. The American experiment of Free Speech is a total failure. That's obvious.

2. You should be free to LEAVE the US; just not to return.

3. There has never been any Freedom of Gender in ANY moral society.

You remember the rest of the world? Where the largest protest demonstrations in world history went on against Shrub's Iraq gambit? That one?

We all know her comments were made in England, and her comments made outside of the country was one of the main reasons there was so much pushback.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

SIX HUNDRED CITIES on every continent had just protested what the US was doing. London was one of them, with an estimated million-plus people at the protest and three million at the rally. In London alone.

If anything circumstances demanded they acknowledge that sentiment.

Oh, you didn't hear about all that world-record-setting protest? That's because the same corporate media that squashed the Chicks' then-current recording... swept it under the rug. The entire rest of the world knew it. And so did the Chicks.

I felt the same thing around that time, even travelling in Canada. When it came out that I was from the US, I'd sheepishly say, "yeah I know ---- we're working on it".

So, those boycotting Donald Trump's businesses are wrong too?
I wasn't aware there was a boycott on Donald Trump's businesses. You mean like people wanting products made in the US rather than overseas? I don't see a problem with consumers wanting to buy American first. As for people boycotting businesses for what Mr. Trump says? Yes. That is nonsense.
No, I mean like liberals wanting to boycott his businesses.
Daily Beast editor calls for boycott of Donald Trump businesses

It's great to know that the right to free speech only applies to those that agree with you.

Like most liberals, you are ignorant about this.

She is free to say what she wishes, and others are free to express their displeasure with her.

Try again granny.

So, those boycotting Donald Trump's businesses are wrong too?
I wasn't aware there was a boycott on Donald Trump's businesses. You mean like people wanting products made in the US rather than overseas? I don't see a problem with consumers wanting to buy American first. As for people boycotting businesses for what Mr. Trump says? Yes. That is nonsense.
No, I mean like liberals wanting to boycott his businesses.
Daily Beast editor calls for boycott of Donald Trump businesses
That is just a backdoor to stifling someone's speech.

It's great to know that the right to free speech only applies to those that agree with you.

She is free to say what she wishes, and others are free to express their displeasure with her.

Try again granny.

Then ---- explain your title here.

I made the same observation as soon as this thread started. I got crickets too.

Why is it good that the Dixie Chicks were "destroyed" by right wing boycotters, but a tragedy and outrage when it happens to someone on your side?

She has every right to say whatever she wants ... :thup:

"... 'destroyed' by right-wing boycotters" ... Yo silly ... She destroyed herself ... And it was her fans that threw her crap away and stopped going to shows.

In fact ... I loved their music ... Would have gone to their show.
Problem is ... She thought her political views were more important than her music ... I took the loss on the wasted money (no biggy) and threw their CD in the fire.
I don't necessarily advocate anyone else do the same thing ... And the death threats were a little over the top.

If they can make a better run of it this time ... More power to them ... They will probably do fine without my support.

SIX HUNDRED CITIES on every continent had just protested what the US was doing. London was one of them, with an estimated million-plus people at the protest and three million at the rally. In London alone.

Oh, you didn't hear about all that world-record-setting protest? That's because the same corporate media that squashed the Chicks' then-current recording... swept it under the rug. The entire rest of the world knew it. And so did the Chicks.

I felt the same thing around that time, even travelling in Canada. When it came out that I was from the US, I'd sheepishly say, "yeah I know ---- we're working on it".

Man you just don't get it.

Natalie was a celebrity with a stage and microphone. All of those people out protesting were obscure individuals that nobody knew.

Making the comments she did on the eve of our mobilization in front of the world handed the MSM a huge story. It became a wildfire from there, and allowed all those who supported our men and women in uniform and their mission, a target.

Try again granny.

Then ---- explain your title here.

I made the same observation as soon as this thread started. I got crickets too.

You mean this ?:

Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

Man you just don't get it.

Natalie was a celebrity with a stage and microphone. All of those people out protesting were obscure individuals that nobody knew.

Making the comments she did on the eve of our mobilization in front of the world handed the MSM a huge story. It became a wildfire from there, and allowed all those who supported our men and women in uniform and their mission, a target.

Yyyyyeah. Three million people that "nobody knew".

The largest anti-war protest in the history of human civilisation.
Doesn't get much more "obscure" than that.

"Target" my fucking ass. Up to thirty million people all over the world on every continent took part in the protest. THAT was the huge fucking story.

The word was clearly already out. All they did was acknowledge what the whole fucking world was already saying.

Forum List

Back