Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

just take a listen to the classic Dixie Chicks song "Travelin Soldier" and grieve the loss of good young U.S. soldiers who spilled blood , unnecessarily, because of the GWB error , that Dick Cheney knew would be "a quagmire"

Last edited:
It was a highly emotional and critical time in America, I don't stand by death threats, but she was ignorant of the feelings going around in America. Her timing was not only bad, but incredibly stupid.

The comment was in England.

You remember the rest of the world? Where the largest protest demonstrations in world history went on against Shrub's Iraq gambit? That one?

We all know her comments were made in England, and her comments made outside of the country was one of the main reasons there was so much pushback.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

SIX HUNDRED CITIES on every continent had just protested what the US was doing. London was one of them, with an estimated million-plus people at the protest and three million at the rally. In London alone.

If anything circumstances demanded they acknowledge that sentiment.

Oh, you didn't hear about all that world-record-setting protest? That's because the same corporate media that squashed the Chicks' then-current recording... swept it under the rug. The entire rest of the world knew it. And so did the Chicks.

I felt the same thing around that time, even travelling in Canada. When it came out that I was from the US, I'd sheepishly say, "yeah I know ---- we're working on it".

Man you just don't get it.

Natalie was a celebrity with a stage and microphone. All of those people out protesting were obscure individuals that nobody knew.

Making the comments she did on the eve of our mobilization in front of the world handed the MSM a huge story. It became a wildfire from there, and allowed all those who supported our men and women in uniform and their mission, a target.

Yyyyyeah. Three million people that "nobody knew".

The largest anti-war protest in the history of human civilisation.
Doesn't get much more "obscure" than that.

"Target" my fucking ass. Up to thirty million people all over the world on every continent took part in the protest. THAT was the huge fucking story.

The word was clearly already out. All they did was acknowledge what the whole fucking world was already saying.

Yes damnit, but all those little protesters scurrying around meant nothing to those back here in the U.S. that supported the mission.
The high profile of Natalie and the Chicks gave those supporters someone to point to and go after.
Why is this so hard for you ?

Just for the record (pun intended) --

I was playing the Chicks on the air before they got big, when they were on the Crystal Clear label. :D

Did you play the Eagles ?

No. But the Cowgirls did.

It was not pretty.

e2164d188a7ce14a8db99c183e92333a.jpg

You remember the rest of the world? Where the largest protest demonstrations in world history went on against Shrub's Iraq gambit? That one?

We all know her comments were made in England, and her comments made outside of the country was one of the main reasons there was so much pushback.

SIX HUNDRED CITIES on every continent had just protested what the US was doing. London was one of them, with an estimated million-plus people at the protest and three million at the rally. In London alone.

Oh, you didn't hear about all that world-record-setting protest? That's because the same corporate media that squashed the Chicks' then-current recording... swept it under the rug. The entire rest of the world knew it. And so did the Chicks.

I felt the same thing around that time, even travelling in Canada. When it came out that I was from the US, I'd sheepishly say, "yeah I know ---- we're working on it".

Natalie was a celebrity with a stage and microphone. All of those people out protesting were obscure individuals that nobody knew.

Making the comments she did on the eve of our mobilization in front of the world handed the MSM a huge story. It became a wildfire from there, and allowed all those who supported our men and women in uniform and their mission, a target.

"Target" my fucking ass. Up to thirty million people all over the world on every continent took part in the protest. THAT was the huge fucking story.

The word was clearly already out. All they did was acknowledge what the whole fucking world was already saying.

Yes damnit, but all those little protesters scurrying around meant nothing to those back here in the U.S. that supported the mission.
The high profile of Natalie and the Chicks gave those supporters someone to point to and go after.
Natalie Maines was hardly the spark that ignited anti war sentiment in the US. Even if she was, why would that be a bad thing? I would rather she give "those supporters someone to point and go after" than people blindly following their government into a bad war.

Correct, they meant nothing here because --- we never heard about that massive worldwide protest at the time. Because the corporate media was too busy beating the war drum. Wouldn't have looked good to note that the whole rest of the world thought we were fucking nuts.

But that doesn't matter here --- she didn't say it to US. She said it to an audience in LONDON. Where the protest was still fresh.

What exactly is not strikingly obvious about this?

Just a little recent reminder of free speach and how some act when it's something they don't agree with have we already forgottten all the shit said about Stacy Dash over her comments about the Oscars diversity and people boycotting them? Now her critics had every right to sound off about her comments but lets not sit here and act like the left is always respectful and understanding of opinions they don't agree with.

Correct, they meant nothing here because --- we never heard about that massive worldwide protest at the time. Because the corporate media was too busy beating the war drum. Wouldn't have looked good to note that the whole rest of the world thought we were fucking nuts.

But that doesn't matter here --- she didn't say it to US. She said it to an audience in LONDON. Where the protest was still fresh.

I KNOW SHE MADE THE COMMENTS IN LONDON !!!!

Just a little recent reminder of free speach and how some act when it's something they don't agree with have we already forgottten all the shit said about Stacy Dash over her comments about the Oscars diversity and people boycotting them? Now her critics had every right to sound off about her comments but lets not sit here and act like the left is always respectful and understanding of opinions they don't agree with.

Exactly !
Both sides seek to punish those that sound off, and especially the ones who have a microphone.

I KNOW SHE MADE THE COMMENTS IN LONDON !!!!

:eusa_clap: Excellent.
And you know that three weeks earlier, millions --- literally millions --- of Londoners were in the streets protesting that war, right?

Now insert tab A into slot B...... holy shit this is like pulling teeth...

I don't listen to twangy shit so I am guessing that she is a bimbo ala palin.

Just for the record (pun intended) --

I was playing the Chicks on the air before they got big, when they were on the Crystal Clear label. :D
Are you a DJ or something?

Yes, been in radio since about ... early 80s.
Cool. So do you have one of those deep smooth jazz kind of voices or more the raspy, too much scotch, and cigarettes Bob and Tom voice lol?

Ew --- "smooth jazz" be like :puke:

More smooooth than raspy though, definitely. I do voiceover work. And when I'd go in with a cold my voice would drop an octave -- and then I'd get more calls from women.

"Smooth jazz" :puke: reminds me of a funny experience. At one station I worked on they broadcast a weekly (read: weakly) show by David Sanborn. Utterly pukeable, and he spent half his time playing his own crap. Well one night running the obligatory promo for that week's show, I said something on mic about Sanborn's pronunciation of the word "pianist". Surprise, my Program Director was listening and left me a nasty note directing me not to comment on his pronunciation.

So I took another approach. Sanborn had kind of a wheeze in his voice every time he took an intake breath, so next time I played the promo I opened my mic and every time he took an intake breath --- I did too. Right up on the mic. Each one got louder as the promo went on, until by the end of the spot it was a virtual snore. :rofl:

But hey, I made no comment.....

Fun times.

/offtopic

Forum List

Back