Bigger Failure, Bush or Trump

Who was the bigger failure?

• Bush

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Trump

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

No. W worst. O even worse. Dumb Don really bad.

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

Voting is a total waste of time and you’re delusional to think otherwise. In the last half century nothing would be fundamentally different, if the loser had won. As we see now, senile Biden won’t do much different from dumb Don.

Please dispute the following...

Trump, like all Presidents, has fulfilled the two critical jobs expected of him, protecting Wall Street and the military budget.

Seems pretty cynical to suggest that presidents are all the same and protecting Wall Street and the military industrial complex are all they've done. Many presidents have changed the course of history. The current one for the WORSE - BIGLY at that!
You mean Big league I realize retarded people can't comprehend what someone says
the President is playing in the big leagues while you'll still be playing special Olympics

Better kick in to his slush fund - Yes, Bigly OR Big League .. your choice.
*Side note: He doesn't have the best words so who knows WTF he's trying to say?

Trump is functionally illiterate
He thinks Bigly is a word

actually dumbass you think it's a word because president trump never said bigly

Sure he did
Multiple times

Big League is not a phrase

maybe you should tell those who have been using the words, big league, for generations it's not a phrase
It's been used since the 1800s

LOL
Show me an example you moron

ok dumb shit

Exactly why Trumps claim is bullshit

big leagues
An area, echelon, or sphere of great competition, success, power, achievement,

explain it to Trump

What negative lasting effect did Carter have? And he embraced monatarism before Reagan, began cutting taxes. He issued clemency to vietnam protestors in Canada. Carter was ineffectual more often than not
Carter was not that bad as he inherited a lot of shit.
His deregulation of 80+ industries helped Reagan.
Carter was too weak in regards to our enemies and hates Jews with a passion.

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

GWB--hands down. But, if we are going to included the wars here and that is what we are using then it should be brought up there were 6 countries that were bombed under Obama's watch.

At some point this lie about Trump being a peaceful president needs to stop.

Additionally, where we would automatically nail Bush II on things such as the use of faith based organizations receiving funding then we would have to go back to what was happening under Clinton and the Charitable Choice Act of 1996 which was also promoted by Obama. Heavily.

This is teeny, tiny small potatoes. Are faith based charities generally speaking bad? I don't think so and I'm an atheist.

And if we really wanted to get serious on the absolute worst president why are we not looking at Jimmy Carter's directive from 1973 to provide secret aid to the opponents of pro-Soviet forces in Afghanistan.

I love the shallow thinking involved in this game.

We could talk about the Taliban and Reagan, what are your thoughts on that?
View attachment 434064

In hindsight all presidents make mistakes or make the wrong choices, that's a given. We're talking next level shit here so please, we don't need a laundry list of past presidents' errors to dilute the poison of the last two Republican presidents

Can you show me where I made the claim that Trump was a peaceful anything? No?

I just mean any light where anyone is claiming Obama bombed more than Trump, it's not an easy argument to make and you seemed to have dropped it like a rock in your reply.

Grow up. What you don't want is a laundry list of past presidents simply because those would incorporate those from the Democratic Party. It really is that damn simple.

No, you just are provided in contrast to Trump and Bush some petty examples.

Faith based organizations go over the line of separation of church and state. The fall out then shows up when those organizations or even sainted hospitals that refuse to provide specific surgeries or provide something as simple as birth control based on the church views which are supposed to be separate from the hospital or charity utilize propaganda acting as if the churches themselves are losing said "freedoms".

No by government giving money to faith based charities is not an example of breaking the divide between church and state in and of itself. So, for example if government gave money to a Catholic hospital to treat the community homeless does it really matter if they perform abortions or not?

We can spend all day on Reagan and the Peshawar Seven. I'm not afraid.

Reagan wasn't a good president, Bush and Trump were disasters.

I love collective amnesia.

As whole there nothing wrong with government giving money to faith based charities. It's not unconstitutional.

As a whole, there is absolutely something wrong with it.

Ya get to skirt the laws that others have to comply with and discrimination in hiring practices. AWESOME, innit? It was started under Clinton and expanded greatly under fucking Bush and then Obama ignored the primary fucking arguments made and carried on.

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.

I wonder how different the Bush administration would have been w/out Cheney.
Just as bad...the Bushes are elitists who don't give a shit about anybody but themselves.

Bush's biggest failing (other than the fact he was a conservative which I wouldn't like anyway) was Iraq. If you subtract that, he was competent, professional, and he had a moral compass (his reason for not pardoning Libby for example, despite pressure from Cheney). I think, over time history will be a little kinder to him as it also has been to Carter though he will probably rank near the bottom. Trump, with his now complete abdication of his job and duties, is far worse and has left a very tangled legacy that we likely won't realize for years.

I applaud your citation of reasoning, but there is no weighting to your individual arguments.

This forum is the most heavily trafficked and loaded with more wasted time and argument than I care to think about.

Bush was a conservative ? Which you didn't like. Can you please tell me how a conservative (a true conservative) takes a near zero deficit and explodes it into a massive deficit ? He was white (or so he appeared on TV). If he wore a sweatshirt saying "I'm black" would you tell others he was black. This in spite of what is obvious ?

You then say Trump abdicated....please explain what he didn't do. Just saying it is like Bush wearing his sweatshirt.

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.

Just as bad...the Bushes are elitists who don't give a shit about anybody but themselves.
Exactly like O, Don, and Joe. Nothing changes.

Trump isn't an elitist? What rock you living under?

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

Voting is a total waste of time and you’re delusional to think otherwise. In the last half century nothing would be fundamentally different, if the loser had won. As we see now, senile Biden won’t do much different from dumb Don.

Trump, like all Presidents, has fulfilled the two critical jobs expected of him, protecting Wall Street and the military budget.

Seems pretty cynical to suggest that presidents are all the same and protecting Wall Street and the military industrial complex are all they've done. Many presidents have changed the course of history. The current one for the WORSE - BIGLY at that!
You mean Big league I realize retarded people can't comprehend what someone says
the President is playing in the big leagues while you'll still be playing special Olympics

Better kick in to his slush fund - Yes, Bigly OR Big League .. your choice.
*Side note: He doesn't have the best words so who knows WTF he's trying to say?

Trump is functionally illiterate
He thinks Bigly is a word

actually dumbass you think it's a word because president trump never said bigly

Sure he did
Multiple times

Big League is not a phrase

maybe you should tell those who have been using the words, big league, for generations it's not a phrase
It's been used since the 1800s

LOL
Show me an example you moron

ok dumb shit

Exactly why Trumps claim is bullshit

big leagues
An area, echelon, or sphere of great competition, success, power, achievement,

explain it to Trump

no seems you need it explained to you.

Cynical or not, the true evaluation is if it is true.

what makes you believe that he is?

Just because he was the first person in the US since prior to Reagan to put his ass on the line for US citizens as opposed to India and China?
Stick your Liberal crap where it belongs.

You missed the persons responsible for the troubles: the more and more Sociocommunists populating the upper class of DNC whipcrackers who stage happenings to alter attitudes of their future minions to love the lies they tell and worship the lying liars who give them free stuff and wheeee!! Spending cash (see rightwinger's motto line).

Without the losers who ninnyhammered Bush and Trump over policies that encouraged business success for all American entrepreneurs alike.

Because they went all out to damage Republicans when the reins of power were in Democrat fists, they didn't do anything positive for Americans after (thank God) their time was over, much to the relief of taxpayers footing the bills for both frivolous and wasteful spending on their friends and allies, all of them having one thing only consistent--a boring hatred for free enterprise, hard work, and telling the truth.

Bush was a conservative ? Which you didn't like. Can you please tell me how a conservative (a true conservative) takes a near zero deficit and explodes it into a massive deficit

Ron Reagan is a Conservative icon.
He tripled the deficit.

Point is.....Conservatives only care about deficits when Democrats are running them

Bush was a conservative ? Which you didn't like. Can you please tell me how a conservative (a true conservative) takes a near zero deficit and explodes it into a massive deficit

Ron Reagan is a Conservative icon.
He tripled the deficit.

Point is.....Conservatives only care about deficits when Democrats are running them

And once again, it seems you need it explained to you.

If Bush wears a sweatshirt that say's "I'm Black", you know that isn't true based on what you see.

Bush (or Reagan) can wear a sweatshirt that says I am fiscally conservative....and you know it isn't true based on what you see.

But, you somehow think you can redefine conservatives.

Point is.....you say only that which fits your failed arguments.

You are a prime example, as evidenced by your many intellectually lacking posts, of the kind of thoughtless poster that roams this forum.

Obama gave the nation eight years of stable leadership without the crisis and drama we got out of Bush and Trump.

That is why America turned to Biden

What Obama did during his time in office is not as easily summed up as this.

And to say we had no drama with Obama (and this, of course, assumes I even know what you are referencing since you don't provide it yourself) is untrue.

And your final statement (conclusion) in now way follows or is provable based on your first.

But, then again, most good conclusions are the result of thoughtful arguments that are logically solid.

You have neither.

Forum List

Back