Bigger Failure, Bush or Trump

Who was the bigger failure?

• Bush

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Trump

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
What negative lasting effect did Carter have? And he embraced monatarism before Reagan, began cutting taxes. He issued clemency to vietnam protestors in Canada. Carter was ineffectual more often than not
Brez's final comment is that Carter's actions in Afghan did not start global jihad. And bin laden's motivations were unrelated to Afghan and Russia.

CArter's admin failed. But he was really ineffecutual. The need by some to find him a villian or something is ... wierd.
No, it indicates a failure to recognize that the shit that is happening now began with the covert action that was financed under Carter. That shit that we are still paying for in the Middle East.

History may eventually forgive George W Bush but will not be kind to Donald John Trump

He will go down in history as the man least suited emotionally, morally and intellectually to be PresidentIm
Imo W is more of a well meaning frat boy misled by the Bloody Dwarf (cheney) STALIN JOKE THERE

Trump is a diffeent animal. It's an open question as to what he actually believed moved American's interests forward, and what was purely in his own interests, IMO, he really believes that our embracing a world economy of free trading republics was contrary to all our interests. But that is so deluded becuase his own business was dependent upon that global relationship
Trump had a simplistic view of the economy and the global responsibility of the US

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

No. W worst. O even worse. Dumb Don really bad.

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

Voting is a total waste of time and you’re delusional to think otherwise. In the last half century nothing would be fundamentally different, if the loser had won. As we see now, senile Biden won’t do much different from dumb Don.

Please dispute the following...

Trump, like all Presidents, has fulfilled the two critical jobs expected of him, protecting Wall Street and the military budget.

Seems pretty cynical to suggest that presidents are all the same and protecting Wall Street and the military industrial complex are all they've done. Many presidents have changed the course of history. The current one for the WORSE - BIGLY at that!
You mean Big league I realize retarded people can't comprehend what someone says
the President is playing in the big leagues while you'll still be playing special Olympics

Better kick in to his slush fund - Yes, Bigly OR Big League .. your choice.
*Side note: He doesn't have the best words so who knows WTF he's trying to say?

Trump is functionally illiterate
He thinks Bigly is a word

actually dumbass you think it's a word because president trump never said bigly

Sure he did
Multiple times

Big League is not a phrase

maybe you should tell those who have been using the words, big league, for generations it's not a phrase
It's been used since the 1800s

LOL
Show me an example you moron

ok dumb shit

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.

I wonder how different the Bush administration would have been w/out Cheney.

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

Voting is a total waste of time and you’re delusional to think otherwise. In the last half century nothing would be fundamentally different, if the loser had won. As we see now, senile Biden won’t do much different from dumb Don.

Trump, like all Presidents, has fulfilled the two critical jobs expected of him, protecting Wall Street and the military budget.

Seems pretty cynical to suggest that presidents are all the same and protecting Wall Street and the military industrial complex are all they've done. Many presidents have changed the course of history. The current one for the WORSE - BIGLY at that!
You mean Big league I realize retarded people can't comprehend what someone says
the President is playing in the big leagues while you'll still be playing special Olympics

Sure he did
Multiple times

maybe you should tell those who have been using the words, big league, for generations it's not a phrase

LOL

ok dumb shit

Exactly why Trumps claim is bullshit

What negative lasting effect did Carter have? And he embraced monatarism before Reagan, began cutting taxes. He issued clemency to vietnam protestors in Canada. Carter was ineffectual more often than not
Brez's final comment is that Carter's actions in Afghan did not start global jihad. And bin laden's motivations were unrelated to Afghan and Russia.

CArter's admin failed. But he was really ineffecutual. The need by some to find him a villian or something is ... wierd.
No, it indicates a failure to recognize that the shit that is happening now began with the covert action that was financed under Carter. That shit that we are still paying for in the Middle East.

Oh, it started with Carter, sure. Had nothing to do with say overthrowing a democratically elected government or anything else.

GWB--hands down. But, if we are going to included the wars here and that is what we are using then it should be brought up there were 6 countries that were bombed under Obama's watch.

At some point this lie about Trump being a peaceful president needs to stop.

Additionally, where we would automatically nail Bush II on things such as the use of faith based organizations receiving funding then we would have to go back to what was happening under Clinton and the Charitable Choice Act of 1996 which was also promoted by Obama. Heavily.

This is teeny, tiny small potatoes. Are faith based charities generally speaking bad? I don't think so and I'm an atheist.

And if we really wanted to get serious on the absolute worst president why are we not looking at Jimmy Carter's directive from 1973 to provide secret aid to the opponents of pro-Soviet forces in Afghanistan.

I love the shallow thinking involved in this game.

We could talk about the Taliban and Reagan, what are your thoughts on that?
View attachment 434064

In hindsight all presidents make mistakes or make the wrong choices, that's a given. We're talking next level shit here so please, we don't need a laundry list of past presidents' errors to dilute the poison of the last two Republican presidents

Can you show me where I made the claim that Trump was a peaceful anything? No?

I just mean any light where anyone is claiming Obama bombed more than Trump, it's not an easy argument to make and you seemed to have dropped it like a rock in your reply.

Grow up. What you don't want is a laundry list of past presidents simply because those would incorporate those from the Democratic Party. It really is that damn simple.

No, you just are provided in contrast to Trump and Bush some petty examples.

Faith based organizations go over the line of separation of church and state. The fall out then shows up when those organizations or even sainted hospitals that refuse to provide specific surgeries or provide something as simple as birth control based on the church views which are supposed to be separate from the hospital or charity utilize propaganda acting as if the churches themselves are losing said "freedoms".

No by government giving money to faith based charities is not an example of breaking the divide between church and state in and of itself. So, for example if government gave money to a Catholic hospital to treat the community homeless does it really matter if they perform abortions or not?

We can spend all day on Reagan and the Peshawar Seven. I'm not afraid.

Reagan wasn't a good president, Bush and Trump were disasters.
Petty? Grow up.

Oh, it started with Carter, sure. Had nothing to do with say overthrowing a democratically elected government or anything else.

The point was to oust the Soviet backed regime in Afghanistan.........how do you not know this?

GWB--hands down. But, if we are going to included the wars here and that is what we are using then it should be brought up there were 6 countries that were bombed under Obama's watch.

Additionally, where we would automatically nail Bush II on things such as the use of faith based organizations receiving funding then we would have to go back to what was happening under Clinton and the Charitable Choice Act of 1996 which was also promoted by Obama. Heavily.

This is teeny, tiny small potatoes. Are faith based charities generally speaking bad? I don't think so and I'm an atheist.

And if we really wanted to get serious on the absolute worst president why are we not looking at Jimmy Carter's directive from 1973 to provide secret aid to the opponents of pro-Soviet forces in Afghanistan.

View attachment 434064

In hindsight all presidents make mistakes or make the wrong choices, that's a given. We're talking next level shit here so please, we don't need a laundry list of past presidents' errors to dilute the poison of the last two Republican presidents

I just mean any light where anyone is claiming Obama bombed more than Trump, it's not an easy argument to make and you seemed to have dropped it like a rock in your reply.

Grow up. What you don't want is a laundry list of past presidents simply because those would incorporate those from the Democratic Party. It really is that damn simple.

Faith based organizations go over the line of separation of church and state. The fall out then shows up when those organizations or even sainted hospitals that refuse to provide specific surgeries or provide something as simple as birth control based on the church views which are supposed to be separate from the hospital or charity utilize propaganda acting as if the churches themselves are losing said "freedoms".

No by government giving money to faith based charities is not an example of breaking the divide between church and state in and of itself. So, for example if government gave money to a Catholic hospital to treat the community homeless does it really matter if they perform abortions or not?

Petty? Grow up.

The point was to oust the Soviet backed regime in Afghanistan.........how do you not know this?

I referenced an event that happened in the Middle East before the 70s, how did you not know that? Also, Afghanistan isn't in the Middle East, you should know this.

View attachment 434064

I love collective amnesia.

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.
Interesting contrast.

Bush knew he was in over his head and relied on his advisors to fill the voids. He received poor advice.

Trump was clueless as to whether he was in over his head. Trump always assumed he was the smartest man in the room and had disdain for his advisors. America paid the price for his judgement

View attachment 434064

Petty? Grow up.

I referenced an event that happened in the Middle East before the 70s, how did you not know that? Also, Afghanistan isn't in the Middle East, you should know this.
You mean like in Iran? Fuck off.
Afghanistan is considered "greater Middle East". How the hell did you not know that?

I have not come to this forum very often in the past.

It is a huge waste of time as evidenced by this thread.

But I do find myself interested in examining these threads and responses from a "debate" point of view.

First, there is a lack of agreed upon criteria for judging someone as a "failure". Your moral or logical leanings are not the bedrock for such an evaluation and you fail in almost every respect. It really does not matter if I agree or disagree with your assessment, it is simply your assessment and it, in no way, carries any weight.

Total failure (as you called Bush) ? Maybe you should start a thread that examines how you evaluate a president.

Calling Trump insane is, of course, highly partisan. Again, I might agree with you but that is of little consequence. Donald Trump was never removed from office and so was not, by definition, insane.

.....they are both so bad ? Compared to what ? Or who ?

It is unfortunate that people actually can't do any better than this in their shallow thinking.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Trump, but they are both so bad...

your OP is the failure
Mr Trump is one of the best POTUS ever

I agree with your first statement.

I can't agree or disagree with your second unless we agree upon a criteria by which a president is judged.

View attachment 434064

I love collective amnesia.

As whole there nothing wrong with government giving money to faith based charities. It's not unconstitutional.

Trump for sure. Bush messed up a lot, but most the damage was done out of the country. Though he sure did mess up that balanced budget he was handed. Trump has failed at almost everything. Huge deficits, giant bailouts, riots, recession, most pandemic deaths, tariffs that hurt manufacturing, Mexico didn't pay for a wall, we didn't get the best healthcare...

Up till now, I would have said Bush was the worst President.
Even though Trump was far less qualified to be President and acted like a complete asshole, he didn’t do anything really horrible.
Bush started two unnecessary wars after 9-11, engaged in torture and led us to the worst economic collapse in 75 years.
Hard to do worse.

Trump acted like a spoiled child but the economy was strong. Then COVID hit and he proved to be the worst possible leader in a crisis. His behavior and decisions cost a hundred thousand lives. His once vaunted economy collapsed.
Then he showed why he is the worst president in modern history with his temper tantrum over losing the election and preference to destroy the country rather than graciously transfer power.

And here we have an example of someone making all kinds of presumptive statements.

"Trump was less qualified"........Trump obviously met the basic qualifications since he was allowed to run. What other qualifications exist ? Please share them so we will know what kind of criteria you are using (and is being kept hidden from the rest of us).
"Acted like a complete asshole"......And what behaviour qualifies him for that ?

"proved to be the worst possible leader in a crisis". Again, what criteria are you using. And how do we apply it to other leaders of other countries ? What do you know that we don't ?

"Temper tantrum over losing the election"......how do you substitute temper tantrum for legal challenges to what he (and many....not including myself) believe were illegal election activities. He is not allowed to challenge ? Why ?

Let's see:
Bush: Got us out of 2000 recession.
Defeated global terrorism allowed to flourish under Clinton
Ordered surge, winning Iraq War
Unseated Taliban
Set in motion program that got bin Laden.
Dismantled Libya's WMD program
AIDS program for 3rd world countries
Free trade agreements.

Trump:
No new wars
Roll back of useless regulations
Most significant tax reform in 30 years
Pulled troops from Iraq and Afghanistan
Arranged most significant peace treaties between Israel and 4 Muslim countries
Honored US commitment to move embassy to Jerusalem.
Three Supreme Court Justice confirmations
Biggest reshaping of lower courts in years
Warp Speed vaccine development program for COVID
Defeated ISIS.

Obama:
Obamacare, worst new gov program since the 1970s
Afghanistan surge that failed
IRaq withdrawal leading to rise of ISIS
Bo Bergdahl scandal
VA scandal
IRS scandal
Fast and Furious scandal
Benghazi scandal
Doubled national debt
Defeat in Yemen
Dodd-Frank worst banking law in decades
Consumer Protection Bureau, has not actually protected a single consumer
Failed "Pivot to Asia" policy
Failed Ukraine policy
Failed Iran agreement
No foreign policy success whatsoever

Whatever flaws Bush and Trump have, Obama is clearly the most failed president since Carter. Possibly since Harding.

I can't agree with your conclusion based on the criteria you provided.

I applaud your citing specific instances of activity or accomplishment (good or bad), but again, the fundamental criteria is lacking.

Sure he did
Multiple times

LOL

ok dumb shit

Exactly why Trumps claim is bullshit

big leagues
An area, echelon, or sphere of great competition, success, power, achievement,

Forum List

Back