Bigger Failure, Bush or Trump

Who was the bigger failure?

• Bush

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Trump

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
Trump straight up lied to us about the danger of a global pandemic as it was bearing down on us,

and convinced a large portion of the country not to take it seriously
Such as the Black Lies Matter and ANTIFA crowd who rioted in the streets for months on end.

your democrat mayors and governors allowed that to go on for 6 months

Bush was a conservative ? Which you didn't like. Can you please tell me how a conservative (a true conservative) takes a near zero deficit and explodes it into a massive deficit

Ron Reagan is a Conservative icon.
He tripled the deficit.

Point is.....Conservatives only care about deficits when Democrats are running them

And once again, it seems you need it explained to you.

If Bush wears a sweatshirt that say's "I'm Black", you know that isn't true based on what you see.

Bush (or Reagan) can wear a sweatshirt that says I am fiscally conservative....and you know it isn't true based on what you see.

But, you somehow think you can redefine conservatives.

Point is.....you say only that which fits your failed arguments.

You are a prime example, as evidenced by your many intellectually lacking posts, of the kind of thoughtless poster that roams this forum.
Conservatives don‘t seem to be consistent in their values.

They oppose deficits, unless a Conservative President runs them up
They support free trade, unless a Conservative President slaps on tariffs
They support the Constitution, unless it relates to free speech or Civil Rights
They support States Rights, unless a state opposes their point of view.

Obama gave the nation eight years of stable leadership without the crisis and drama we got out of Bush and Trump.

That is why America turned to Biden

What Obama did during his time in office is not as easily summed up as this.

And to say we had no drama with Obama (and this, of course, assumes I even know what you are referencing since you don't provide it yourself) is untrue.

And your final statement (conclusion) in now way follows or is provable based on your first.

But, then again, most good conclusions are the result of thoughtful arguments that are logically solid.

You have neither.
Ummm....you have yet to make a valid argument in this thread

You need to raise your game

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.

I wonder how different the Bush administration would have been w/out Cheney.
Without Cheney, Bush would have found another hardliner on Iraq. GWB's view on Iraq was based on his need to finish what his Dad started.

Obama gave the nation eight years of stable leadership without the crisis and drama we got out of Bush and Trump.

And to say we had no drama with Obama (and this, of course, assumes I even know what you are referencing since you don't provide it yourself) is untrue.

And your final statement (conclusion) in now way follows or is provable based on your first.

But, then again, most good conclusions are the result of thoughtful arguments that are logically solid.

You have neither.

I think the more general statement is that there has not one valid argument made in this thread.

I already pointed out the fallacies in yours.

Of course, all you did was reach a conclusion....no argument at all (invalid or otherwise).

You have neither.

I think the more general statement is that there has not one valid argument made in this thread.

Of course, all you did was reach a conclusion....no argument at all (invalid or otherwise).
Still waiting for you to bring something valid to the table.
Either a valid point or rebuttal.

So far, you are shooting blanks

You have neither.

The irony!

You have neither.

Making empty claims seems to be your forte'.

GWB's view on Iraq was based his need to finish what his Dad started.

Cheney should have known better

He knew better as Sec Defense under Bush 41
But the problem with them all, neocons one and all, and even W ..... they believed using the military for nationbuilding was ok. And up until then, Repbublicans didn't buy that shit. That was dem shit.

So W's decision ended the gop as we knew it. Trump simply appropriated the name gop. He's less conservative than Clinton.

You have neither.

As I have pointed out, RWer belongs to his local Democratic Club and gets jobs by posting his bullshit.

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

No. W worst. O even worse. Dumb Don really bad.

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

Voting is a total waste of time and you’re delusional to think otherwise. In the last half century nothing would be fundamentally different, if the loser had won. As we see now, senile Biden won’t do much different from dumb Don.

Please dispute the following...

Trump, like all Presidents, has fulfilled the two critical jobs expected of him, protecting Wall Street and the military budget.

Seems pretty cynical to suggest that presidents are all the same and protecting Wall Street and the military industrial complex are all they've done. Many presidents have changed the course of history. The current one for the WORSE - BIGLY at that!

Cynical or not, the true evaluation is if it is true.
Very true.

If one isn’t cyclical after the decades of shit done by our criminal government, one isn’t thinking.

Bush was a conservative ? Which you didn't like. Can you please tell me how a conservative (a true conservative) takes a near zero deficit and explodes it into a massive deficit

Ron Reagan is a Conservative icon.
He tripled the deficit.

Point is.....Conservatives only care about deficits when Democrats are running them

And once again, it seems you need it explained to you.

If Bush wears a sweatshirt that say's "I'm Black", you know that isn't true based on what you see.

Bush (or Reagan) can wear a sweatshirt that says I am fiscally conservative....and you know it isn't true based on what you see.

But, you somehow think you can redefine conservatives.

Point is.....you say only that which fits your failed arguments.

You are a prime example, as evidenced by your many intellectually lacking posts, of the kind of thoughtless poster that roams this forum.
Conservatives don‘t seem to be consistent in their values.

They oppose deficits, unless a Conservative President runs them up
They support free trade, unless a Conservative President slaps on tariffs
They support the Constitution, unless it relates to free speech or Civil Rights
They support States Rights, unless a state opposes their point of view.

Still taking the "I'm Black" sweatshirt at face value it seems.

But, then again, you provided so many examples of what you've referenced.

Neither Bush nor Trump were fiscal conservatives. Bush proved that time and time again. The congress that went along with him wasn't conservative either.

As evidenced by the deficits they seemed willing to tolerate.

There was nothing that demanded they run up those kinds of numbers. Nothing.

GWB's view on Iraq was based his need to finish what his Dad started.

Cheney should have known better

He knew better as Sec Defense under Bush 41
But the problem with them all, neocons one and all, and even W ..... they believed using the military for nationbuilding was ok. And up until then, Repbublicans didn't buy that shit. That was dem shit.

So W's decision ended the gop as we knew it. Trump simply appropriated the name gop. He's less conservative than Clinton.
Trump ran as an R because the loudest Democrats are overt sexual perverts who want open borders.

You have neither.

Still waiting for a substantive post on your part.

So far, all I see is you dropping turds.
Have any insight on either Bush or Trump?

I can see why you can’t hack it on this board. You are a legend in your own mind.

You have neither.

Still waiting for a substantive post on your part.

So far, all I see is you dropping turds.
Have any insight on either Bush or Trump?

I can see why you can’t hack it on this board. You are a legend in your own mind.
Orange Man Bad!

Forum List

Back