Bigger Failure, Bush or Trump

Who was the bigger failure?

• Bush

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Trump

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

Jimmy Carter!

Bush was a conservative ? Which you didn't like. Can you please tell me how a conservative (a true conservative) takes a near zero deficit and explodes it into a massive deficit

Ron Reagan is a Conservative icon.
He tripled the deficit.

Point is.....Conservatives only care about deficits when Democrats are running them
Republicans do 3 things. Cut taxes mostly for the rich, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. Reagan did it, Bush did it, Trump did it....

Bush was a conservative ? Which you didn't like. Can you please tell me how a conservative (a true conservative) takes a near zero deficit and explodes it into a massive deficit

He tripled the deficit.

Point is.....Conservatives only care about deficits when Democrats are running them
Republicans do 3 things. Cut taxes mostly for the rich, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. Reagan did it, Bush did it, Trump did it....

1. Please don't make the mistake of conflating conservatives with republicans.
2. You are correct about deficits. Obama also did it. Clinton didn't do it. He had a very strong conservative congress working with him.
3. It seems that these days, you can only cut taxes on the rich because it is meaningless to cut taxes for the lower half of the country. Which isn't to say that I agree with cutting taxes at all. American needs to decide how it want's to pay it's debt. The longer we wait, the more it will hurt.
4. Increasing military spending is bad ? I honestly don't know the context of all this as I don't follow it much.

He tripled the deficit.

2. You are correct about deficits. Obama also did it. Clinton didn't do it. He had a very strong conservative congress working with him.
3. It seems that these days, you can only cut taxes on the rich because it is meaningless to cut taxes for the lower half of the country. Which isn't to say that I agree with cutting taxes at all. American needs to decide how it want's to pay it's debt. The longer we wait, the more it will hurt.
4. Increasing military spending is bad ? I honestly don't know the context of all this as I don't follow it much.
Who is a conservative? We have democrats and trumpers. I don't think we have conservatives.
Obama was handed a mess from Bush. After the mess was fixed deficits generally decreased. Trump received a country in good order and deficits increased every year.
We shouldn't be cutting taxes when we are deeply in debt. Cutting taxes for the wealthy never delivers the promised gains. Last year GDP growth decreased.
When you are trillions in debt and spend more than the next 10 countries combined military spending is bad.

I think we all know that there isn't a single substantive post on this entire thread.
I’ve read your posts
You bring nothing

At least the posters on this thread are addressing the topic.
You seem to be a legend in your own mind. Hardy worth responding to.

More projection on your part.

I get that you don't like being told you are contributing to mass stupidity.

And feel free to not respond. It's your right.

I like that you respond. It only further proves my point.

BTW: There is no topic. It is a manufactured fallacy.
Hey Lightweight....
When are you going to bring some of your profound insight?

Like I said.....You got nothin!

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.

I wonder how different the Bush administration would have been w/out Cheney.
Just as bad...the Bushes are elitists who don't give a shit about anybody but themselves.
Trump isn't an elitist? What rock you living under?
Just because he was the first person in the US since prior to Reagan to put his ass on the line for US citizens as opposed to India and China?
Stick your Liberal crap where it belongs.
He failed miserably. His tariffs hurt our manufacturing, and we still buy a whole lot from China.
His tariffs hurt our manufacturing
We hardly had any manufacturing thanks to GW.
GW sent it away and Obama ignored the issue.

He tripled the deficit.

Who is a conservative? We have democrats and trumpers. I don't think we have conservatives.
Obama was handed a mess from Bush. After the mess was fixed deficits generally decreased. Trump received a country in good order and deficits increased every year.
We shouldn't be cutting taxes when we are deeply in debt. Cutting taxes for the wealthy never delivers the promised gains. Last year GDP growth decreased.
When you are trillions in debt and spend more than the next 10 countries combined military spending is bad.
trumpers
What's a Trumper?
Any meat behind the word?

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.

Just as bad...the Bushes are elitists who don't give a shit about anybody but themselves.
Just because he was the first person in the US since prior to Reagan to put his ass on the line for US citizens as opposed to India and China?
He failed miserably. His tariffs hurt our manufacturing, and we still buy a whole lot from China.
We have plenty and hurting it didn't help anything.

He tripled the deficit.

trumpers
What's a Trumper?
Trumpers are those who support his failed policy like you.

The Capitalists who we bent over backwards to slash their taxes sent the jobs overseas.
They ain’t coming back

actually, the barrag o admin. was and still is the worst in AMERICAn history. this asswipe turned the clock back 100 years with racism..killed numerous military with the demonRATs endless wars. economy sucked, worst recovery in history.

He tripled the deficit.

trumpers
What's a Trumper?
What failed policy?
Be specific.

The Capitalists who we bent over backwards to slash their taxes sent the jobs overseas.
They ain’t coming back
That was GW who you now love.

They ain’t coming back
you just described barrag o and beijing xiden...good job---commie

I'm sure you cried hysterically when GW was President and was smiling when those jobs went overseas.

They ain’t coming back
Commies!
I see Commies EVERYWHERE!

He tripled the deficit.

trumpers
What's a Trumper?
What failed policy?
Be specific.
I have answered this for you many times. Like tariffs that hurt our manufacturing. Like tax cuts that promised 4-6% gdp growth and delivered less than 3% with a big decrease last year. This also led to a trillion dollar deficit last year. Failed pandemic policy which lead to us having the most deaths in the world. Failure to pass healthcare.... The failures are many.

Trump has benefited China. Russia's emboldened too, but only cold war warriors see Russia as a long term geopolicial threat. China doesn't even pretend to have free elections or an opposition to the govt. Trump's "soft spot" for Putin is well discussed, but I think his China failure was unplanned and just incompetent.

On the other hand, W's response to 9-11 with Iraq pretty much ended our claim as the one remaining suprerpower, and our credibility on world threats like Iran is zero. China actually offers the West more of a partnership is dealing with threats.

Domestically? Will W's blowing up the deficits end medicare or our military dominance? Will Trump's incompetnce make us the 21st century Britain. I dunno.

Will Trump's incompetnce make us the 21st century Britain. I dunno.
Will xidens incompetence make us the 21st century Britain.....

I'm sure you cried hysterically when GW was President and was smiling when those jobs went overseas.
Well you are cheering on policy that hurt our manufacturing.

They ain’t coming back
Commies!
I see Commies EVERYWHERE!
especially when you look in the mirror...we know

Forum List

Back